Persona Fighter Image Blowout Hits The 'Net

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
So, how does the Persona 3 aspect work? Do we get to play as all the Persona 3 characters, or just Aigis?
'Cos I reeaaaaaaaally wanna play as Junpei. Any news? Anyone?
I really wanna beat Junpei in the face, so give me news, too.

'Record Stops.'

Sep 6, 2010
Oi, so when will we get another sequel to BlazBlue? Just saying Arc, this is nice and all...but I want to see what's next for the story in our favorite Guilty Gear Knock-off.

I REALLY want to see where Arc is going with the storyline. So Tao and Ragna are now travelling together, Hazama executed his big plan but is now being told to heel by the Imperator, Litchi turned evil, Ragna has a new super powerful weapon...WHAT'S NEXT?!!? I MUST KNOW!

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Andriasang posted the first trailer for the game earlier today. So far it's looking good, real fast paced, stylish, and fun. Personas look like they might work on some sort of assist system or whatnot. Looking forward to more gameplay footage next week at TGS and seeing how the combat system works beyond knowing that it's a 4 button fighter.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Im seeing aegis, so I'd better see minato.

And while not that important, it will probably feel underwhelming if Souji can only use Izanagi. I mean, it wont be a deal breaker or anything, but eh.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Packie_J said:
If they confirm Demi-fiend and Raidou Kuzonoha, I'm sold.
Raidou and Demi-fiend aren't part of Persona universe, sorry.

Also - I love Persona as much as the next guy, but... only Aigis from P3?

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
First Square Enix makes a Final Fantasy fighting game, then Koei makes a Dynasty Warriors MMO, then Konami makes a multiplayer Castlevania, and now Atlus and ASW are making a Persona fighter.

All I need now is a Poke'mon MMO.

DMShade

Dec 6, 2007
Atlus...and Arc System Works...teaming up?

There is a God, folks, and this proves he loves us very, VERY much!

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Anyway, I'm pretty iffy on this. As much as I love Persona, and as much as I love Arc's fighters, there are things that stop me from buying [Arc fighters].

Like every game by Arc, the character roster looks extremely thin. There are a handful of characters that I would love to play as that are missing. I hate Arc fighters for this reason - never enough content. Always a thin roster of fighters and a very small (if even existent at all) list of things to unlock.

I'll pay attention to this, but my money is far from invested in it. Just give me Persona 5.
Allow me to go Jimquisition for a second and say: Wrong.

I don't know about you but what Arc System Works has always, consistently gotten right (at least to me) is the roster. A small, focused roster of characters who all play differently. Contrast that to Super Street Fighter IV for example, where you have a whopping 7 characters with the same basic move set of fireball, flying kick, uppercut.

Don't get me wrong, I love SSFIV just as much as BlazBlue or Guilty Gear, it's just that roster wise I've always been a quality over quantity kinda guy.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
My favorite game is being made into a fighting game; my worst genre. *Ponders* Ok! If this is online multiplayer and I get to play as Adachi/Nanako, then I'm sold.

zeda12123

Aug 29, 2009
Nanko cant be a playable character because then no one would want to hit her ever.
And also;
WANT.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Damn, this just might be the game to introduce me into playing "the serious" fighter-games... I got a big stupid grin on my face just from the pictures alone.

Hope there'll be more characters though, and some sort of tutorial for us first timers... (I usually only watch these kind of games.)

Also, here's hoping for Dojima and/or Adachi as playable fighters! :p

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I get the weird feeling that Chie will be VERY overpowered. I mean, no other character had a cheesy fake movie trailer dedicated to one of their attacks.
<youtube=MVW_MVmMkek>

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Oh god.

Normally I'm not much of a fan of fighting games, but stylized games like BlazBlue and this are like candy to me.

Do want.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Well, I haven't played 4 yet, but I'll probably have rectified this by the time I even see the game- I'll likely be more excited when I actually know who the adorable green girl is.

As for right now... I don't know, the roster seems a little thin- maybe there will be another row (or two), or that was a restricted mode, or something. I see Aigis, which means I'll buy it by default, but I'd like me some Junpei action as well.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I'm not sure if everybody already knows about this, but if anybody wants to see a small bit of the game in motion, here you go. Forgive me if this is a bit late or has already been mentioned. I'm terribly excited for this game though.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
GreatTeacherCAW said:
JdaS said:
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Anyway, I'm pretty iffy on this. As much as I love Persona, and as much as I love Arc's fighters, there are things that stop me from buying [Arc fighters].

Like every game by Arc, the character roster looks extremely thin. There are a handful of characters that I would love to play as that are missing. I hate Arc fighters for this reason - never enough content. Always a thin roster of fighters and a very small (if even existent at all) list of things to unlock.

I'll pay attention to this, but my money is far from invested in it. Just give me Persona 5.
Allow me to go Jimquisition for a second and say: Wrong.

I don't know about you but what Arc System Works has always, consistently gotten right (at least to me) is the roster. A small, focused roster of characters who all play differently. Contrast that to Super Street Fighter IV for example, where you have a whopping 7 characters with the same basic move set of fireball, flying kick, uppercut.

Don't get me wrong, I love SSFIV just as much as BlazBlue or Guilty Gear, it's just that roster wise I've always been a quality over quantity kinda guy.
Then how the fuck do you plan on explaining Battle Fantasia to me? It was lazy, had a super small move-set, the characters were bland, and it had next to nothing to unlock. Hmmmm?! Maybe your Jimquisition has an answer for that.
Whoa, calm down! Just saying that Guilty Gear and BlazBlue were both excellent fighters with small rosters and a ton of unlockables. No need to act like I raped your dog and set your house on fire just because of that Jimquisition joke. Damn.

And how the fuck do you bring a gutter-tier one off game like Battle Fantasia and use that as basis to not buy something Arc System Works made anyway?