Persona Fighter Image Blowout Hits The 'Net

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
GreatTeacherCAW said:
I was just fucking around, mate. I'm just peeved that I spent money on Battle Fantasia. Doesn't that represent 1/3rd of their catalogue, anyway? Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Battle Fantasia. Those are their only series, if I'm correct.
Yeah. They made Arcana Heart 3 as well as a bunch of other non-fighting games.

I have very little, if any Persona knowledge unfortunately, although I've always liked the look of the series. As the game is based on P4, it seems unlikely that too many P3 characters will make it in much to the chagrin of you and your fellow P3 fans. That said, if this game proves to be at BlazBlue levels in terms of fighting gameplay, then whether or not you want to play a Persona fighting game without Yukari or Akihiko should be your only concern.

Personally I'm already kind of hype for that Kanji. Juvenile delinquent FTW.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Pleeeeease tell me this doesn't play like blazblue....please? That game played like sh*t, in my humble opinionllll

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Oh man, all of my dreams are coming true in such a short amount of time.

Brotag's Burst better be "The Swag." Every female in his harem shows up to pummel his opponent with an all-out attack!

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Maybe I missed it somewhere but I don't see anything about a guaranteed US release date.

That said, I'm less exciting about spin offs like fighting games and ports to handhelds and such than I am about seeing a new, full blown, SMT RPG for an actual console (or *gasp* maybe even the PC).

I like fighting games, even if I'm not great at them, but really this isn't the kind of thing I'm going to get all excited about for however many months or years it takes to make it to the US.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Earnest Cavalli said:
Is Nanako a secret boss who fights entirely with the power of weaponized kawaii?
If we read only the yellow letters in image twenty we get "moe select" so it seems like a safe bet the game will be jam packed with underage girls.

That asides, I don't know if I can accommodate another fighter into my schedule but this thing looks slick. It seems, looking at the burst and what I'm assuming are defense gauges that it has Arc's usual fine systems in place. It's funny though because after BB there was an interview with arc's director where he said he wanted to find something to replace burst for the next game they make and there it is alive and well. Might be holding their cards close to their chest on that one for a non-licensed property. I'm digging the comic book style to the artwork. It's somewhere between Kubo and Oku and it's pretty nifty looking. I guess the final verdict will come when we see how it plays.

It's also really interesting to see atlus and arc co-operating on something so directly.

Oi, so when will we get another sequel to BlazBlue? Just saying Arc, this is nice and all...but I want to see what's next for the story in our favorite Guilty Gear Knock-off.

I REALLY want to see where Arc is going with the storyline. So Tao and Ragna are now travelling together, Hazama executed his big plan but is now being told to heel by the Imperator, Litchi turned evil, Ragna has a new super powerful weapon...WHAT'S NEXT?!!? I MUST KNOW!
You just read my mind, good sir. Every time people ask "who plays fighting games for their stories?" I am reminded how eagerly I am waiting to find out what will happen when Bang discovers his Nox Noctores and what will become of Tsubaki's eye sight? Half the reason I picked up continuum shift was to get "season two" of the story.

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
DMShade said:
Atlus...and Arc System Works...teaming up?

There is a God, folks, and this proves he loves us very, VERY much!
Okay I don't get this. What looks so great about this? Honestly, its persona so? The game will be easy to play with easy combos. I guess the casual fans will like the game, hell thats why it will sell.

Casuals are ruling this industry its really sad. Everyone here says how other companies are damaging the genres and not catering to hardcores when this is exactly whats happening with fighters.

Casuals rule all i guess.

Ariyura

Oct 18, 2008
Atlus is going to be taking a huge chunk of my paycheck next year, and I really can't wait!

DMShade

Dec 6, 2007
Legion IV said:
DMShade said:

Okay I don't get this. What looks so great about this? Honestly, its persona so? The game will be easy to play with easy combos. I guess the casual fans will like the game, hell thats why it will sell.

Casuals are ruling this industry its really sad. Everyone here says how other companies are damaging the genres and not catering to hardcores when this is exactly whats happening with fighters.

Casual? An Atlus game? Atlus' RPGs are known for kicking your teeth in and making you LIKE it. And Arc has the New Blood-to-Old School range well covered on fighting games. I can play a fighter - not really online, I'll never have the memory and forward-thought to outpace the bulk of online competitors - but casual is jumping the gun.

It seems Accessible and Easy are interchangeable terms in most gamers' lexicons. They shouldn't be. And frankly I WANT accessible here. Atlus until recently has always been just on the outer limits of being known, and I want to see it earn more respect and attention.

I'm not even gonna comment on the Casual/Hardcore topic, because I may never shut up, and it's just asking for all the people in the topic I dislike to come crawling out of every nook and cranny like zombies in a rickety old house.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I still want to know why one screenshot says "Free Pray" where the others say "Free Play". Is it a little lab at themselves (you know..."Engrish")?

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
This is a persona 4 game, it's not guilty gear just because arc develops it. They have to honor the persona fans, they don't have to do anything for the fighting game crowd and they probably still will make an awesome game. I doubt it'll have FRCs and whatnot but it's still going to be awesome for fans of persona 4 and for people like me who like both that and actual fighting games it's heavenly.

If you don't like persona but like fighting games you have no reason to even bother with this, just get Blazblue CS: Extend this winter and be merry.
DMShade said:
Legion IV said:
DMShade said:

Casual? An Atlus game? Atlus' RPGs are known for kicking your teeth in and making you LIKE it. And Arc has the New Blood-to-Old School range well covered on fighting games. I can play a fighter - not really online, I'll never have the memory and forward-thought to outpace the bulk of online competitors - but casual is jumping the gun.

It seems Accessible and Easy are interchangeable terms in most gamers' lexicons. They shouldn't be. And frankly I WANT accessible here. Atlus until recently has always been just on the outer limits of being known, and I want to see it earn more respect and attention.

I'm not even gonna comment on the Casual/Hardcore topic, because I may never shut up, and it's just asking for all the people in the topic I dislike to come crawling out of every nook and cranny like zombies in a rickety old house.
He means casual fighting game players. The 100 hours it takes you to beat a hellish Atlus rpg is basically a fraction of the practice you need to put in to get good at an Arc fighting game, so compared to that, yeah, even those who play atlus rpgs are casual.