Pet Appreciation Thread

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Guess I should clarify a little and say there's no rule that the pet being appreciated is yours specifically. Basically any pet that you interact with on a regular basis I guess. Mainly made this thread as a way to see pictures of animals to go *ddaaawwww* at.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Started to post this in the “Goofy Stuff You And Your Sig Other Do” thread, but figured it might be fitting here. Given quarantine has left us with little else to do other than stare at each other, my girlfriend and I adopted this yellow garden spider that took up residence right outside our backyard gate. We try to find insects on our patio or around the pool, half-swat them, toss them into his web, then watch in awe as nature happens. The few guests we've had are genuinely perplexed when we're so excited to half-kill a fly or beetle and toss it to this guy; quote: "you guys really do this all day?" Yes. Yes, we do. Oddly enough, we’ve not named him yet; he’s just “the spider.” Suggestions?

20200805_110044.jpg

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Kill it with fire.
Then what will we do all day? At the current rate of drinking and smoking, I'll have lung cancer and cirrhosis of the liver by next Friday; the spider is the only thing keeping me from a more rapid and boring death!

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Then what will we do all day? At the current rate of drinking and smoking, I'll have lung cancer and cirrhosis of the liver by next Friday; the spider is the only thing keeping me from a more rapid and boring death!
Find more spiders and burn them to death as well.

The entire history of mankind can be viewed as one long struggle against the bug menace. We all must do our part for the war of survival.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Find more spiders and burn them to death as well.

The entire history of mankind can be viewed as one long struggle against the bug menace. We all must do our part for the war of survival.

I'd generally agree, but my girlfriend's "every life is precious" mentality has rubbed off on me over the past few years (and yes, I can appreciate the irony of our killing bugs to feed a bug.) Her signature move WAS swatting a fly a half-dozen times because she "doesn't want it to suffer," (you've never seen flatter dead flies than on our patio,) but now, it's a love tap to incapacitate followed by a sacrifice to the spider gods.

Just keep calling him 'the Spider', and then serenade him with this:
Edit: also, that is one cool lookimg spider and web.
Done!

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I'd generally agree, but my girlfriend's "every life is precious" mentality has rubbed off on me over the past few years (and yes, I can appreciate the irony of our killing bugs to feed a bug.)
She probably wouldn't like my position of "as every life is precious and yet we cannot survive without consuming life, there is no moral consumption and we might as well eat and kill what we want", then.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Started to post this in the “Goofy Stuff You And Your Sig Other Do” thread, but figured it might be fitting here. Given quarantine has left us with little else to do other than stare at each other, my girlfriend and I adopted this yellow garden spider that took up residence right outside our backyard gate. We try to find insects on our patio or around the pool, half-swat them, toss them into his web, then watch in awe as nature happens. The few guests we've had are genuinely perplexed when we're so excited to half-kill a fly or beetle and toss it to this guy; quote: "you guys really do this all day?" Yes. Yes, we do. Oddly enough, we’ve not named him yet; he’s just “the spider.” Suggestions?

View attachment 459
Name her 'She who will crawl into your pants.'

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
My critters, sharing a nap:20200812_105605.jpg

Hunter and Lucy.

We like to pretend otherwise, but Lucy is very much Hunter's cat. One of them gets spooked or upset, the other goes to check on them. Hunter doesn't bark to be let in, Lucy stands in the window and starts meowing when he's ready. Hunter has a little whorl of fur on his chest that sticks out, and Lucy still to this day tries to suckle on it. We got her when she was a bit too young because she was the runt, her mother was ignoring her and her siblings were bullying her.