PETA Asks Gamers To Be Kind To Zerglings

Backlash

Mar 6, 2012
I don't know a single person dumb enough to support PETA. Between their over the top methods of drawing attention to themselves, their hypocrisy, and the fact that they fund domestic terrorists they are a horrible group that everyone knows does more harm than good.

That said this is a very low key and kinda cute. Ignoring the thought that TETZ and they members would be locked in New Folsom Prison and would have no public support. Yes lets make a organization saying lets protect the Swarm that killed billions only a few years ago. Best move the Emperor would have ever made.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Aren't the Zerg a hivemind, making it okay for individual Zerg to get killed?

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Yes, and whilst we're at it, why don't we give a Reaper a hug? Maybe kiss a Xenomorph? Ask a Darkspawn on a date?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
This is the same game where people will treat marines, i.e. people, as completely expendable and worth sacrificing too. Apparently we should care about the mutant abominations that are Zergs because "animals" and ignore people dieing in mass.

Anyways, PETA trying to drum attention with some stupid campaign rather then doing something useful, move along people nothing to see here.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
So I hate PETA and what they do, which is really annoyin because I shoulda be all for a group called People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

I'm reminded of Parks & Recreation and the Reasonablists whenever I think of them. They use the name as a smoke screen to make it seem that if you're attackin them you're attackin a reasonable position when in reality they're batshit insane.

Anyway. Yeah, I hate them and all. However! That poster is fuckin adorable. I love that poster so much I want a wallpaper of it and a gigantic poster of it on the wall of my den.

Edit- Either way I treat my zerglings wonderfully. I just love the sounds the Terrans make as they're torn to shreds by my swarm.

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
....I actually agree with them on this part...>.> I love da wittle zerglings. *sees a zergling* HUGS! *runs away screaming a second later as it tries to eat me* I JUST WANT TO LOVE YOU!

Seriously though this is..a cute little thing to do. Ultimately harmless, they've done worse and stupider in the past.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
This is a surprisingly clever and fun campaign to come from the likes of PETA, I approve.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
This sounds more like the fake christian protest for dante's inferno than a real protest. But I could just be underestimating the stupidity of PETA.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Wenseph said:
I actually like this. It doesn't come off as awful as they usually do when I see news about them. It is a fairly clever campaign, and the quote doesn't make them sound dumb >_>
I know, right? I am actually more disappointed at the amount of people that seems to take those statements as some serious business and being defensive about it, when its clear they didn't even bother to read past the title.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
hermes200 said:
Wenseph said:
I actually like this. It doesn't come off as awful as they usually do when I see news about them. It is a fairly clever campaign, and the quote doesn't make them sound dumb >_>
I know, right? I am actually more disappointed at the amount of people that seems to take those statements as some serious business and being defensive about it, when its clear they didn't even bother to read past the title.
Yeah, I agree completely, but it's not that surprising either.

Jan 27, 2011
*laughs his freakin ass off*

Oh this is good...ohh...oh my sides...They hurt from all the laughing. XD

I'm sure that people have laid out how this is silly (Zerg are more like the extended body of the overmind/Swarm Queen than animals or even insects), but still...My gosh...so funny. XD

Hey, PETA? If you make your protests THIS WAY, then I have no beef with you. This is hilarious.

Cpatcha: "the dude abides". Why yes, Catpcha, yes I do! XD

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Wenseph said:
hermes200 said:
Wenseph said:
Yeah, I agree completely, but it's not that surprising either.
I didn't say it was surprising, just disappointing.

Some are such an easy target to antagonize with, people will jump through hoops just to criticize them; ever making ignorant comments about how ignorant the other side is.

Movitz

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah they have feelings. Unfortunetly those feelings led them to claw peoples' faces off! And rushing bases at an early point in the game!