PETA Asks Gamers To Be Kind To Zerglings

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
There's a weird kind of logic behind what they are doing here; their comparison isn't actually a million miles away, like usual.

Sadly, because it's PETA, it's too damn stupid to take away any message other than, 'PETA are completely insane.'

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
OOOOOOOkay.... So this extremely intelligent, bent-on-destruction race is supposed to be treated "nicely". Oh PETA you've fallen from being hated as just being ignored, how fucking awful is this?

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
JaceArveduin said:
cursedseishi said:
Kargathia said:
Okay, bad word choice. How about we go with "not stupidly volatile to the point of self combustion"?
Yup, they're certainly making headway on that part.

(It really does convey just how bafflingly numbskulled their past headline-grabbing stunts have been, when we rejoice because the latest is merely dumb as bricks.)

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
TheKasp said:
Sorry for the two posts so close together.

Signa said:
Does PETA actually do anything proactive these days, or have they just decided it would be more effective to parody games than to protect the animals they are so attached to? Seriously, go appeal to the furries or something, because gamers aren't having any of this nonsense.
Well yes, they do something proactive to support their cause. Last year alone they killed 89% of the animals left in their care (1647 out of 1843) [http://www.petakillsanimals.com/]. I am also sure that they financially supported several animal rights terrorist groups.
I love PETA, they so crazy.

OT: I laughed. And found the cartoon zergling cute. Yet this scares me. It scares me that ignorant people might be swayed by the pure insanity that is PETA. It scares me that PETA even exists. The willful ignorance that is common among its members (Just as an example, comparative average ages for domestic cats and wild domestic cats. Comparative average ages for wild animals and domestic animals. Just... Yeah. Fucking hell.) is dangerous.

Tbh I think the reason we are hearing so much about PETA these days is very simple.

We gamers have shown that we are morons. Time and again. The shit we eat, the shit we say. The way we attack things we do not understand. We are bored, we have free time, we are young. All the kind of things groups like PETA want. THAT is why they keep doing "Funny" things. That is why they are trying to recruit us so fucking much. Because we are perfect footsoldiers. Bored enough to read their shit, mostly too ignorant to read any further.

Robetid

Feb 1, 2013
Once we're in enemy territory, as a bushwhackin' guerrilla army, we're gonna be doin' one thing and one thing only... killin' Zerg. Now, I don't know about y'all, but I sure as hell didn't come down from the goddamn Smoky Mountains, cross five thousand miles of water, fight my way through half of Sicily and jump out of a fuckin' air-o-plane to teach the Zerg lessons in humanity. Zerg ain't got no humanity. They're the foot soldiers of a Terran-hatin', mass murderin' maniac and they need to be dee-stroyed.

OT: Nice try PETA, I think you're too far gone to be cute.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Eh, I see no problem with this. Its not like PETA are bashing video games (as per usual) or even StarCraft, they're just using it as a bandwagon to promote themselves.

I still think the organisation is vile and should be deemed illegal for its abhorrent treatment of animals, though.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Akichi Daikashima said:
If I were to hug a zergling, it would;

Devour me
Digest me
Crap me out
Then using my knowledge, would find everyone I know and devour them too

I would sooner hug a cactus, and hence;

FIREBATS, ASSEMBLE!
Shouldn't that be "To the Batcave"?.. Yeah I know.

OT: Well this seems ironic enough so I am not calling them idiots. But what is the point of all this empty publicity?

Knocker

Aug 4, 2010
LysanderNemoinis said:
You know, if we shared reality with the StarCraft universe, forget the Zerg, my first objective would be to send a nuke to PETA headquarters. Not for this, mind you, but for ever other thing they do. And I'd be sure to wrap the missile in fur, just to piss them off before they go boom. ^_^
Nuclear Launch Detected

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
wooty said:
I know this is probably just a joke after the AC4 "whale wail", but since when did PETA feature so prominantly in game discussions and news?

Shouldn't they be throwing paint over celebrities and bankers instead?
They target the gaming community because they know we will talk about it and make a fuss about it. That in turn may get the attention of larger media outlets leading to greater exposure for PETA. That or they have gone batshit insane. I'm leaning towards the second one of obvious reasons.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
Ok Peta, we'll take that bet, but YOU are going to prove to us that they aren't dangerous, by spending a night in the titanium-enforced cage we caught one in. Be sure you don't tread in it's acidic drool!

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Actually, Zerglings do NOT have feelings. They are purpose-bred by the Swarm and not the result of natural evolution. As such, any feelings other than killer instincts are long gone, assuming they even have any as they are directly controlled by the Cerebrates / Kerrigan.

So no, they aren't wonderful exotic forms of life - they are an abomination that exists only to murder you, and the only appropriate response is followed by the message "Nuclear launch detected"...