PETA Dumps on Battlefield 3

Polarni

Oct 20, 2011
I'm just wondering if PETA's next move is going to be filing a complaint about "killing of innocent little facehuggers/aliens" in Aliens: Colonial Marines :-D

Eekaida

Jan 13, 2010
You know what else killing small animals is a sign of? Psychopathic tendancies! Is PETA going to blame gaming for that too? (Probably, actually, a lot of other people do.) I wish societies moral arbitors would stop confusing what people do in games with what people do in life. At this point in the argument, its just sad.

Edit: When the RSPCA complains about cruelty to animals in games, then you know there's a problem.

Jimijab

Nov 8, 2011
Just watched a playthrough of MW3, oh dear they going to have a "whale" of a time with that one, sorry for the pun. There are scenes where you kill dogs.

Soggy Toast

Aug 14, 2011
In Duke Nukem Forever, you could put rats that weren't even attacking you in the microwave and watch it explode. In Red Dead Redemption, you could shoot domesticated dogs or even burn them alive, and then skin it and eat it.

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks that the trained Marine could have just punched the rat instead of needing to stab it? It's a fucking rat. It's not going to hold a grudge and come back for vengeance, it's going to run like hell because you weren't intimidated by its threat display (hissing and biting your finger).

I'm with PCSPVG.People for Common Sense Protagonists in Vidya Games.

Loves2spooge

Apr 13, 2009
Shark Wrangler said:
Loves2spooge said:
PETA can go screw themselves as far as I'm concerned, they support and encourage terrorism among their members. And besides, it's a rat; even other rats don't care about rats.
Dumbass things I have seen on this site, this takes the cake. Ever owned a pet rat? Not to keen on being by themselves. Know before you spew stuff out of your cake hole, you might want to to do some research first. I have had pet rats for ten years and they hate being alone. So far as killing them in games, who cares. really the first animal we have brutally beaten in a game. Even I can't count how many dogs I have slaughtered in videogames. Yeah alot of people on here don't know dick about rats in general. Of course ignorance is bliss. Love it when people say they are animal lovers. Do you know what that saying really means. Saying they love cats and dogs, but everything else can go screw itself.
I haven't owned rats, but I have performed experiments on them at university, they didn't seem to mind.

MisterDyslexo

Feb 11, 2011
Hey PETA, if animals are equal to us, then wasn't it self defense? I mean, you were attacked first, correct? How do you know it doesn't have a disease-its a frickin' sewer rat in Iraq after all. I wouldn't be surprised if he got Super-AIDS or something.

Matthew94 said:
They never got angry at Max Payne

I suppose the rats in it had deagles though...
Well that's just New York for ya.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
PETA... Why? But at least they give you something to laugh about on your night off :D

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
I wonder how any one of these PETA members would react if placed in such a situation. Would they truly welcome a disease-ridden person-biting rat with welcome arms? I think NAWT.

schiz0phren1c

Jan 17, 2008
well my standard Peta question/answer would be along the lines of
"do you know how many pets Peta murder every year? and the exact percentage of saved versus slaughtered animals? hint-more than 99% of animals Peta "rescue" are dead within an hour"
assholes.

roneel

Nov 10, 2010
lol, after the sniper wolf fight in mgs1 i took out so many rats ....*hides*

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
First thoughts on reading the title: "Wait what? What the hell are they whinning about, I don't recall any animals in the game....."

Second thoughts on reading and subsequently remembering the rat bit: "Oh fuck off you stupid idiots!"

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Sometimes I wonder if PETA is actually a satirical organization....

It's just this nagging suspicion that keeps growing with each thing I hear about them.