PETA Gives Award to "Animal-Friendly" Adult Swim

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
I'm waiting for the moment they give an award to the Southpark episode where they make fun of PETA.

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
thethingthatlurks said:
A random thought occurs: What is PETA's stance on bread?
Most bread relies on yeast to create the little air bubbles. Yeast is, of course, a microorganism, which is very much alive. Now, baking essentially involves the feeding (which is why almost every yeast dough recipe calls for sugar) and then brutal murder of the yeast during the baking. Isn't that just sick horrible? Think of the poor little guys, their lives cut sadly short, just so some git can enjoy a slice of bread.
Actually, yeast does deserve some more credit, mostly due to its role in the beer making process. Here's to yeast!
I laughed at that, I'm going to remember that for a joke when PETA fans start talking.

SodaDew

Sep 28, 2009
lol PETA doesn't understand jokes, but also they are such extremist they would rather kill other humans then animals...(not saying we shouldn't treat animals with respect)But meat is a required thing for life.

ninja555

Mar 21, 2009
Lefter said:
just thought id stick up for PETA and let you direct your frastration at a real PETA member rather then empty cyberspace
find it wierd your all just assuring each other, rather then actually debating.
Anyway, PETA do not put animals before humans they put them equal to humans. The reason these games are getting awards is because they stand out (even if its only in a small part of gameplay) because most games are so orientated on killing animals in vicious ways.
How many games have you played that are orientated to killing animals in vicious ways? I've seen a couple that are actually orientated that way but they hardly come into a sort of gaming majority. Most games that are orientated that way are often stupid flash games that don't deserve to exist or are just lame games that few people buy anyway(but enough to warrent squels apparently). Many games may give you the ability to harm or kill animals but are often optional.

Also, if they wanted animals to be seen as equals to humans they are going about it in completely the wrong way. Giving an award to a game about a sociopathic bear and seal is not a step towards equality, but making animals seem so much better than humans that them murdering us is good, even if it is just a little step.

Finally, are you really a member of PETA?

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
All I can see in my mind is everyone who works at Adult Swim just rolling around on the floor laughing after this was announced.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
DazBurger said:
Fable 2?.. The game where you can torment chickens for fun and achievements?
*goes back to check*

oh lol yeah it said Fable II

funny I never really played the Fable series, but I briefly played the intro to Fable II and the first thing I did was get that chicken kicking achievement...hehe

goldenheart323

Oct 9, 2009
lacktheknack said:
SinisterGehe said:
And hold on!!! Animals like eating other animals, why ain't PETA hunting down the wolf that killed 8 sheep last summer in Finland?
They were briefly considering weaning all carnivores onto "humane" food. Yes, really.

Here's the one big question, though: WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE PLANTS?!
Exactly! We at least have the decency to kill animals before we eat them. Whenever we eat fresh fruits or vegetables, we're eating them ALIVE!!!

"There's room for all of God's creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes."
:p

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
Does any company give a shit either way if they get 'props' or grief from a bunch of fucking hippies?

standokan

May 28, 2009
I hope that one day the whole PETA organisation will free lions from some zoo or circus and then get eaten or learn their lesson, which wont happen so were gonna be stuck with PETA.

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
Lefter said:
just thought id stick up for PETA and let you direct your frastration at a real PETA member rather then empty cyberspace
find it wierd your all just assuring each other, rather then actually debating.
Anyway, PETA do not put animals before humans they put them equal to humans. The reason these games are getting awards is because they stand out (even if its only in a small part of gameplay) because most games are so orientated on killing animals in vicious ways.
Hello future member. Please note that breaking the spacetime continuum is frowned upon on this board.

The reason there is no debate is because all the people have a similar viewpoint. Perhaps you could provide one that makes sense.

It is fairly obvious that these games are parodies, and are shown in the same outrageous style as say the Adult swim clips involving cats being microwaved- something I don't condone in the least.

I personally believe your organization is flailing in the dark as everyone has practically forcibly forgotten about them, labelling them as undesirables in the crazy area. Recently they have tried to utilize basic human desires to create new attention, but were not scandalous enough to draw a lot of attention, and have fallen back into clawing at the things around it to attempt to pull itself from the vortex of SUCK it had created in a comedy of errors second only to GFWL.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
PETA needs to stop having this weird thing where they value animal lives above humanity's. I'd accept the craziness of putting them on the same level, but when you put animals first you're just hypocritical garbage.