PETA Gives Award to "Animal-Friendly" Adult Swim

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
Is Frogger a PETA approved game or not? The aim of the game is just, attempting to reunite an amphibian with his home. But you can horribly die under the thunderous 8-bit traffic, sometimes to vent your frustrations at poor Frogger.

On another note, are PETA trying to say that ancient humans who only survived because they hunted animals for their meat and furs were wrong? I agree that some hunting practises are a bit pants-on-head retarded, like having hoardes of beagles chasing after a fox whilst you and your toff chums quaff fine wines on horseback during the pursuit. But it's human nature to kill stuff. I have no problem if someone went fox hunting but only using their hands and natural cunning to try and best the beast.

wfpdk

May 8, 2008
this is kinda funny if you realize that humans are animals too.
poiumty said:
these games encourage players to give animals a break and stop eating, wearing, and shooting them
*sigh*

Can we have like a country somewhere built for these types of special people who do not understand reality? Just stick'em in with the WBC, the hippies, the spirit healers, the Flat Earth Society and Jehova's Witnesses.
i vote this country be somewhere on the sun.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
SinisterGehe said:
And instead we should hunt, kill, eat and wear people? Alright... And last time I checked, humans are animals
You mean...so PETA is saying it's okay if we hunt, kill, eat and wear PETA members?

Usually I'm not okay with supporting man's inhumanity to man, but if PETA says it's okay then it must be okay!

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
lacktheknack said:
But - but - that unicorn EXPLODES at the end of each game!

(Note, I have only played "that one" Adult Swim game.)
You're missing out. Viva Caligula! is great.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
A random thought occurs: What is PETA's stance on bread?
Most bread relies on yeast to create the little air bubbles. Yeast is, of course, a microorganism, which is very much alive. Now, baking essentially involves the feeding (which is why almost every yeast dough recipe calls for sugar) and then brutal murder of the yeast during the baking. Isn't that just sick horrible? Think of the poor little guys, their lives cut sadly short, just so some git can enjoy a slice of bread.
Actually, yeast does deserve some more credit, mostly due to its role in the beer making process. Here's to yeast!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
InterAirplay said:
I'm not laughing at them or making fun of them. I didnt mean funny as in haha, i just mean funny as in different, but thats not a bad thing. People tell me I'm funny and I say tehy're funny to. I'm not saying they're wrong, its just nota life style I'd like to live.

I dont know. I think you have to have meat int he diet. yeah, there's other ways to get the proteins offerered by meat, but when you have an easy to get source, why argue it? And to say about your killing thing, its for food. I've hunted (i dont anymore, and I never really was big into it), but I bow hunted once just so I could say I went out and killed my own food at least once in my life and used my winchester once just because it was cool and cause we wanted some deer jerky. So while I agree killing is wrong, when it comes to an animal, I dont see it as bad as long as you are eating and using all of the animal (or as much as all of it as you can), whihc for me is easy, since my grandfather is still heavily into Native American ways and uses practically all of the animals he kills (bones included).

So I dont know what I'm really trying to say. I'm not laughing or demeaning them, at least not trying to besides in jest, its just tehy're like religious folks who try to force religion down your throat. You shouldnt try to force a change, but you can try to do a peaceful campaign. you're bound to change someone.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
DazBurger said:
Fable 2?.. The game where you can torment chickens for fun and achievements?
Fable 2 and 3 involve an alignment system where eating meat is an evil act that grants you corruption and evil points, as well as making you fat, where sticking to a vegan diet keeps your character slim, and awards purity and good points.

I can see where they are coming from here, although I always thought this aspect of the game was absolutly stupid personally.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
So has Newkirk ever heard of subtlety? Does adult swim have to make PETA mauler 3000 before they realize that adult swim thinks as little of them as the rest of us.

Jroo wuz heer

Apr 1, 2010
if peta dont appreciate our ancestor's hard work to get us to the top of the food chain, we should put them back on the bottom. grab your shotguns, kids! we're going peta hunting

Dr.Fantastic

Aug 27, 2010
What does it matter anyways? Everyone knows that PETA is fucking crazy. and hey, if you want to support an animal rights group, support the ASPCA, atleast they arent batshit crazy.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Looks like PETA cares more about animals then humans. Don't know why but when i think about that group i always think of retarded people or hippies.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
AbsoluteVirtue18 said:
SinisterGehe said:
And instead we should hunt, kill, eat and wear people? Alright... And last time I checked, humans are animals
You mean...so PETA is saying it's okay if we hunt, kill, eat and wear PETA members?

Usually I'm not okay with supporting man's inhumanity to man, but if PETA says it's okay then it must be okay!
Yes, if indeed PETA says that humans aren't animals, it is O.K in their standards...
I wonder if you get caught of Cannibalism and murder and end up in court, would excuse of "But, PETA said it is OK since humans aren't animals." go trough as defense?

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
yeh im not gonna give up my delicious delicious meat products!

way to go Adult Swim. :goes back to playing Poledance Party:

XD

Lefter

Dec 30, 2010
just thought id stick up for PETA and let you direct your frastration at a real PETA member rather then empty cyberspace
find it wierd your all just assuring each other, rather then actually debating.
Anyway, PETA do not put animals before humans they put them equal to humans. The reason these games are getting awards is because they stand out (even if its only in a small part of gameplay) because most games are so orientated on killing animals in vicious ways.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Lawls.

PETA is one of those things we really need to have in the world, because it's an endless source of amusement.