PETA: Mario is Pro Fur

Mangue Surfer

May 29, 2010
Me too, so what?! I don't get the difference between eat meat and use fur. Not literally as Lady Gaga, but the animal will die anyway, so what?

blainemono

Jan 13, 2010
but but but you can wear a fish costume in PETA's own Super Chick Sisters

so basically it's ok unless the victim is cute?

goddamn hypocrites

drthmik

Jul 29, 2011
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

PETA: 25,840 adoptable dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens killed since 1998 and counting How much will you give to the People for the Euthanasia of Thousands of Animals.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I dont get PETA. I dont know to much about them but im sure they do some good, yet every time I see them their wasting bloody time and resources they could be spending on actually helping animals in need. GET YOUR SHIZZ TOGETHER PETA, YOUR GIVING ANIMAL LOVERS A BAD NAME!!!

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
seriosly PETA?
first cooking mama then batellfield and now mario?!
why dont u just say kittens and pupies are evil so everyone will be in on the joke?!

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Mr. Omega said:
So with PETA protesting because Mario runs around in a tanooki suit, can we expect PETA to start protesting against furries soon? Because that makes just about as much sense.
Somebody give this guy a medal or something.

Seriously, what. I don't even.

These are video games, people. Y'know, the whole 'no animals were harmed in the creation of this drawing/animation, because they're not fucking real'? Why is this so difficult to understand?

It kind of reminds me of the time someone went up in arms over the fact some video games allow you to shoot dogs(I think this was PeTA as well; go figure).

Also? The Tanooki Suit made its first appearance in 1988, and they decide to rage over this now, over twenty years later?

Just... Why?

bassie302

Feb 3, 2008
oh PETA, you so silly...

I'm not sure what to laugh at harder here anymore. Inviting the nintendo lawyers over to rip their little game to pieces, being a mere 20 years late with this revelation or possibly PETA still living under the delusion that there is someone on this planet who takes this kind of crap seriously.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
little does PETA know that Mario is using fake fur for his adorable tanooki suit.
seriously Peta needs to pull the thong out of their ass and shut the hell up.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
300 millions in funds to save animals, and all that they can do with it is THIS and those stupid Hyper-Vegan campaigns?

Oh, PETA, you stupid old fuck.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
I forgot about the Team Meat incident. Is PETA so desperate that they're trolling video games now? And who the hell gave them the idea that anyone who plays video games gives a damn? Moviegoers, theater people, video gamers, ect.; crazy is still crazy, no matter who you direct it towards. Maybe the only answer is to hit 'em right back like what Team Meat did. The idea of sending back the message "nobody cares, and look! We're killing more virtual animals in spite of you!" is at the very least entertaining and a good choice if the silent treatment doesn't work.
Desperate or crazy, I'm honestly not sure which.

I'm not sure what the solution to PETA is, either, but at least the humourous response is entertaining and fun.

Mechamorph

Dec 7, 2008
Notwithstanding that tanuki are a large part of Japanese folklore as shapeshifting tricksters, its pretty much understood that the Tanuki suit granted to Mario is from one of those magical Tanuki (since wearing the skin of a regular Tanuki cannot actually allow you to fly, they would most certainly be extinct if that were so!). The "leaf" power up is a reference to myths where Tanuki change shape by using leaves and generally use leaves as a foci for their magic so I guess a friendly Tanuki scattered them about Mushroom Kingdom? Counts as a double fail for PETA since Mario does not actually skin Tanuki but they also do not understand the cultural context surrounding the subject matter.

BayouStalker

May 31, 2011
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA-Coughweezehack-hahahahahhahahahahhh!

PETA is so desperate to remain relevant in some form or fashion it is hilarious.

Entertaining info about PETA, they put down more animals than they save.

PETA also spends tremendous amounts of money on advertising and smear campaigns than they do on actually rescuing, housing and helping animals.

They are sort of the Ewe Boll of the animal rights world. Activists hate them because they make them all look bad who haven't the faintest clue as to what they are doing.

Eventually they will realize that people don't care and start coming up with new ideas that are sure to work. Like going to France and trying to tell them that escargot is wrong because snails are shelled kittens.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Kayevcee said:
I always thought the tanooki suit was made of felt or cotton, like a mascot costume. I also thought Tanookis were mythical creatures with giant hypnotic nutsacks. Huh.

-Nick

aceman67

Jan 14, 2010
The Lugz said:
ok.. peta have officially screwed with something they cant handle.. Nintendo's lawyers are going to rip this in half
and i'm going to watch them cackle all the way to the bank and cheer them on too!
Its covered under Satire/Parody provision of International Copyright law. Nintendo can't do anything.

Clonekiller

Dec 7, 2010
Well, I was surprised that no one asked about Mario's baby seal leather boots before. I totally called it though. I told you guys that it wasn't just Fox News, and I was totally right.

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
How many PETA members does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, cuz PETA can't change anything! BOOYAH!