PETA: Mario is Pro Fur

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
I saddens me that people can sink this low, I hope nintendo's lawyers rip them a new one.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Sandytimeman said:
PETA is a terrible organization that really needs to be ended. Humane Society all the way.
I've never understood why people are behind PETA when organizations like the Humane Society and the ASPCA are around.

Squilookle said:
Why on Earth would they be skinned ALIVE? Honestly- how much harder would it be to do that way than just killing them first? Sorry PETA, but I call Hyperbole.

Oh, and also BS, but being PETA, you probably already expected that call.
Quick look around the internet, the ONLY people I can find claiming this happens while they are alive is PETA. I can't imagine why in the world you would try to skin something alive, it wold be very difficult trying t keep it still enough.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
Oh PETA, you sad attention whore.

Can't we all just pretend that they don't exist? Like the WBC or FOX? I mean, at this point they're just trolling.

TurboPanda

Apr 19, 2010
Are they actually idiotic enough to think that children take what they learn in super Mario and act it out in real life?

On a completely unrelated note I'm off to take some mushrooms, dive into a sewer and throw fireballs at lizards.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
I think PETA is running out of things to complain about. Hmm... maybe they should make a sitcom out of PETA, I'd look forward to watching all their little antics every week.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Micalas said:
Ok...let me get this straight. Mario has been stomping on turtles for decades and you decide to pass up the low hanging fruit in exchange for complaining about a fur suit (the majority of fur suits aren't made of real fur...) that he acquires by stealing a leaf out of a brick.

Got it.
You're wrong. The Tanooki suit is a special item that can only be acquired at a few points in the game and before you get that suit it actually looks just like the suit he's wearing minus the person inside it. When you got a leaf you just got a raccoon tail.

OK, so why is PETA trying to piss off gamers now? They have made no complaints about games like Deer Hunter or Big Game Hunting in the past. All of a sudden they jump on the games are bad bandwagon. First complaining about how gamers kill an aggressive rat in a game where you kill people, now they are tainting our childhood memories with their gory images of how animals are used for fur. I am starting to suspect they're trying to bring down video games in order to be more popular with main stream media and parents that are hysterical about any violent games. Really PETA, stop with this bullshit. Mario is a lighthearted game that doesn't need you to destroy it.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'm surprised they didn't mention anything about Marios stylish leather shoes, or his quest for dino-genocide via pits.

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
Is it possible that Peta are trying to troll people by pulling dumb shit like this so we forget about the fucked up shit they pull?

Hear me out!

Because so far, from the shit they've attacked regarding video games, it seems that way.

Stupid? Oh fuck yes. As an idea its as dumb as hell, but the Peta people have no grounding in reality anyway so...

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Tanuki's exist? that's news to me i thought they were mythic animals. Well id better hide my 100% real Liger boots lest peta comes after me next.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
PETA, stop talking. Only until you notice the Cabela hunting games can you make any fuss again.

Gnarynhar

Jan 9, 2010
Dragonforce525 said:
Seriously though PETA have gone from "rambling old man" to "crazy homeless guy" and have now officially crossed over to "shit smearing mental patient".
Now really, why do you have to insult shit smearing mental patients like that?

And protesting the treatment of depictions of animals, if you want to do that PETA, you'll have to change your acronym.
So- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, Depictions of Animals, Mythical Animals and Anything We Feel is Vaguely Related to Animals ...... PETADAMAAWFVRA?

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
lol well PETA is about to lose half their budget in one fail swoop, i mean how long do you think its gonna take nintendo to sue them for: slander, copyright infrigement, and finally trademark violation.(last 2 might be the same thing will do research on it)