PETA Plays Pokemon

Asmundr

Mar 17, 2010
I'll post here what I posted on Facebook after being linked to the article: It seems like Ghetsis has entered our world...

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Ah PETA, the black sheep of the Humane Society/SPCA family. We don't invite him to family reunions.

CapitalistPig

Dec 3, 2011
When I was 8 years old and I got my first gameboy color, and played the my first copy of pokemon blue, I cried when my first pokemon got poisoned and every step I took brought it one step closer to death. Fawk you PETA. Pokemon trainers care.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Yeah peta I hate to say this to you but pokemon while certainly popular is not nearly as popular as it once was theres also the fact that everybody in the world and probably at least 9 alien worlds has made the dog fighting comparison.

The real problem I have with this is that the world of pokemon is some kind of bizarre paradise where 10 year olds can travel around the world collecting god like creatures where kids don?t use their pokemon to kill their bullies by burning them alive where guns where never invented and the worst mooks of the big bad do is steal pokemon.

This is probably why I find the pokedex so interesting a lot of the entry?s are about pokemon killing other pokemon even humans gyarados apparently destroys entire cities in its rage woulden that be awesome if it happened in the game?

I find this so interesting because its exactly the kind of stuff you would expect in a world filled with animals that are that power full and even without that element I still find it interesting to read the pokedex entries just to see how the world works.

I do like pokemon but I think it pales in comparisons to shin megami tensei which did the idea of collecting and fighting with monsters both earlier and better.

I always like to think the world of pokemon takes place after shin megami tensei 2 or devil survivor 2 law ending but anyway enough off topic ranting.

Ashannon Blackthorn

Sep 5, 2011
Sigh nothing to see here. More BS from that vile group of hypocritical money monger of PETA. I honestly would love to sit in on one of there board meetings and see the thought process that goes into their plans.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
NuclearShadow said:
I think the real message here is they are speaking out against using animals for entertainment in terrible ways such as dog fights. Poke'mon being basically just that which is popular among children is a great way to get that message across. I may not agree with PETA often but they have my support on this one.

CaptainMarvelous said:
I'm impressed after the backlash (no, need to go bigger, absolute public ruination of any public image they may have ever had) of their mario parody they had the balls to not only do another but do another aimed at Nintendo. It's getting to the point Nintie might actually be able to claim libel/slander

Less impressed that it's taking the side of Team Plasma since this implies PETA only want us to stop being cruel to animals by loving, feeding and giving them homes so that PETA can control all the PETA-mon and wage war with Reshiram and that... got a little away from me...

Point still stands
The attacks on Mario never really made sense. With Poke'mon however actually is something comparable to a real world problem that is exploiting animals to violently fight and sometimes kill each other. It's kind of sad that you and others failed to see this rather obvious message.
um yeah I hate to say it but i don?t think it?s exactly child friendly so no there is no message to give because adults know and have joked about this stuff since the beginning of time.

also pokemon does not make sense for this message because like I said the world is basically a perfect place where humans and pokemon share a symbiotic relation and nobody even thinks about abusing their power beside the villains who never kill anybody and tend to be defeated by meddling kids so now it does not fit at all.

I know about not shooting the message but when the way to bring the message is so awful and wrong I do shoot the message preferably with a sniper rifle that fires angry lions.

CapitalistPig

Dec 3, 2011
NuclearShadow said:
I think the real message here is they are speaking out against using animals for entertainment in terrible ways such as dog fights. Poke'mon being basically just that which is popular among children is a great way to get that message across. I may not agree with PETA often but they have my support on this one.

CaptainMarvelous said:
I'm impressed after the backlash (no, need to go bigger, absolute public ruination of any public image they may have ever had) of their mario parody they had the balls to not only do another but do another aimed at Nintendo. It's getting to the point Nintie might actually be able to claim libel/slander

Less impressed that it's taking the side of Team Plasma since this implies PETA only want us to stop being cruel to animals by loving, feeding and giving them homes so that PETA can control all the PETA-mon and wage war with Reshiram and that... got a little away from me...

Point still stands
The attacks on Mario never really made sense. With Poke'mon however actually is something comparable to a real world problem that is exploiting animals to violently fight and sometimes kill each other. It's kind of sad that you and others failed to see this rather obvious message.
People doing dogfights are bad people and they don't care what PETA thinks and they really don't care about pokemon. And we are all pretty aware that dogfights happen and to stay the fawk away from places where it does. In case you failed to see this obvious message. I'll lay it out one last time. PETA's message is moot, because there isn't anyone who doesn't already know and/or does not care.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Heh the storyline of Pokemon black kind of addresses this already doesn't it? I don't know why PETA felt a need to step in.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
Four things:

1. As much as the game disgusts me, the art style is pretty good and it's actually competent for a flash game. Also, it's actually pretty difficult. I don't know if that was the intention or I just suck, but I almost lost my pikachu on the first fight. Didn't play anymore after that. Also, the treasure chest is a lie. I saw that NOPE coming a mile away. Don't fall for it.

2. Obviously whoever designed this game didn't play the ending of B&W. (See: TEAM PLASMA ARE THE HEROES OBV)

3. Guys, PETA doesn't want to free your pokemon. PETA wants to kill your pokemon. They want to right a perceived wrong we started eons ago.

4. PETA donates money to convicted felons like Team Rocket.

EDIT: Related for B'AWW

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Pebkio said:
All-in-all, unimpressive. I was hoping for an exploration thing, the ability to teach the Pokemon their own moves... and... maybe learning from other poke...

You know what? It's irony. I'm a human controlling a Pokemon to make them fight, because that's all you do. The animals have as much say in this game as they do in a regular Pokemon game. It's a human programming a digital animal to be controlled by other humans and make them fight. No difference.

Also, something else I did in this game that I did in all the other ones: Skipped large chunks of the dialogue.

Catchpa: sting like a bee
I could have told you that off the bat. Good humor lies in the subtleties, and nothing's less subtle than a sociopolitical group. Especially when they're telling a joke everybody heard in middle school.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Why in the world would I ever use Whiplash or Bullhook Blast when they cost the same in energy but do less damage than Cage Toss? Such a silly card. And 120 HP isn't enough to save it from most stage 2 pokemon, especially considering the pitiful damage. I guess it is good for stalling if you got enough healing cards.

Also, why would those attacks use electric energy? Those looks like they should be metal energy.

MixmasterInTheSky

Aug 24, 2012
I was surprised by the level of rage and hate in this thread. I thought the game was a pretty funny and apt parody. First time I've ever laughed at a Mudkip joke.

Seives-Sliver

Jun 25, 2008
Everyone just ignore PETA, they haven't been relevant since they tossed animal blood on movie stars with fur coats. All they will ever be is a minor annoyance, and a group of hypocrites that kill 80-99 percent of the animals they 'save'.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Nice game. They got a good mix of Pokemon and Happy Tree Friends there.