PETA Responds to World at War Dog Killing Controversy

Sigenrecht

Mar 17, 2008
I kill cats, right outside a small hovel in Elwynn Forest. With a gun. No, they didn't even aggravate me; it just felt like FUN. Sometimes, I toyed with them; froze some, polymorphed some, watched as they scurried away only to be drawn back by my dark hand. Some might say it's a waste of effort, switching between three classes just to torture small virtual animals that can't even fight back. Well, I say

LOOOOOOLOLOLOLOOLOLLLLLLLOLOLOLOOL PETA

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I see it as ironic that the threader's avatar is that of a dog.

But yeah, this is merely another bit of silly pandering. PAY ATTENTION TO US PLZ!!!

Just ignore them.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Taerdin said:
Honestly, if a dog was trying to rip me to shreds I would probably wound it to the point of it stopping.

I don't understand if thats supposed to be cruelty? I think its more like self defence, and I'm not going to just let dogs attack me because some organization cares more about them than me.

Then again I don't get attacked by dogs that oft.... ever
Right? I mean it's like:

Ok PETA people. I've given each of you a gun (probably a bad idea, because they would surely shoot me first before I could complete this).

Now I'm going to open this pen of wild vicious military attack dogs and let you guys love them and cuddle them and pet them... if they don't rip you to shreds first. Now you guys COULD save yourself and a few of your animal-loving friends... Up to you.

Here's Denis Leary, everyone:

"I don't want to eat the meat because I love the animals. I love the animals."

Hey, I love the animals too. I love my doggy. He's so cute. My fluffy little dog.. He's so cute-

There's the problem. We only want to save the cute animals, don't we? Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview them individually.

"What are you?"
"I'm an otter."
"And what do you do?"
"I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands."
"You're free to go."

"And what are you?"
"I'm a cow."
"Get in the truck, ok pal!"
"But I'm an animal."
"You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!"
"I'm an animal, I have rights!"
"Yeah, here's yer cousin, get on the truck, pal!"

We kill the cows to make jackets out of them and then we kill each other for the jackets we made out of the cows.

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
Malygris said:
The group has offered to treat Activision employees to its "Developing Empathy for Animals" seminar at no charge and has also sent a pack of Nintendogs [http://www.nintendogs.com/] to the Activision offices. "With a little Nintendogs influence, perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them," the group said.
Wow. This has made me lose all faith in humanity...again.

Malygris said:
And after that you can invite the SS Panzer Division Totenkopf out for lunch and maybe see if they'd like to join your book club.
Please tell me PETA meant this part ironically. Please tell me they meant for this to mean "Changing the context of a game just to make it more PC is stupid". If not, I have REALLY lost my faith in humanity!

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
SmugFrog said:
Here's Denis Leary, everyone:

"I don't want to eat the meat because I love the animals. I love the animals."

Hey, I love the animals too. I love my doggy. He's so cute. My fluffy little dog.. He's so cute-

There's the problem. We only want to save the cute animals, don't we? Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview them individually.

"What are you?"
"I'm an otter."
"And what do you do?"
"I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands."
"You're free to go."

"And what are you?"
"I'm a cow."
"Get in the truck, ok pal!"
"But I'm an animal."
"You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!"
"I'm an animal, I have rights!"
"Yeah, here's yer cousin, get on the truck, pal!"

We kill the cows to make jackets out of them and then we kill each other for the jackets we made out of the cows.
Damn, Ninja'd.

Arcyde

Nov 16, 2008
PETA should GTFO

This is honestly one of the most stupidist things to get worked up about.

If a viscious dog tried to kill me, i would rip it's head off before it did. Not stand there and do nothing because it's a dog. But, PETA would sooner see an entire country die, then to see a killer dog get shot in the head.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
wow...I didn't think it was possible, but they've made hating them even easier. even more than their little thing on slaughterhouses.
"they cut the cow's throats while they're still alive." ...well, duh...that's how they kill the things there.

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
Oh where's a horrible Anonymous reaction when you need one? Shouldn't those people be e-mailing PETA videos of people shooting dogs in Call of Duty or something.. They never do anything productive.. *sigh*..

But really this reminds me of something from a couple years ago where Spike Lee was made at Clint Eastwood for not putting any black people in that WW2 movie he about that battle that had no black units fighting in it.

Mar 29, 2009
irishdelinquent said:
Malygris said:
The group has offered to treat Activision employees to its "Developing Empathy for Animals" seminar at no charge and has also sent a pack of Nintendogs [http://www.nintendogs.com/] to the Activision offices. "With a little Nintendogs influence, perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them," the group said.
Wow. This has made me lose all faith in humanity...again.

Malygris said:
And after that you can invite the SS Panzer Division Totenkopf out for lunch and maybe see if they'd like to join your book club.
Please tell me PETA meant this part ironically. Please tell me they meant for this to mean "Changing the context of a game just to make it more PC is stupid". If not, I have REALLY lost my faith in humanity!
I lost all faith in humanity the moment I realized...hell, I lost all faith in humanity hte second I could think.

Then again, a free game is a free game, regardless of the sender's original intentions.

Mar 29, 2009
Neonbob said:
wow...I didn't think it was possible, but they've made hating them even easier. even more than their little thing on slaughterhouses.
"they cut the cow's throats while they're still alive." ...well, duh...that's how they kill the things there.
Don't you hate it when people say things like that?

I've gotten this one once: "But you have to shoot the deer to kill it, and that's cruel..."

How would you want me to kill the damn thing? Stone it? Blow it up? Use Napalm?

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
lapan said:
Reminds me of the piranha poodles

These dogs are not dead, they are only SLEEPING. No animals were harmed during the production of this game.
One of my favourite scenes in video game history, just classic.

PETA is really starting to get on my nerves. This whole protest would only make sense if it wasn't for killing humans in the same game.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee the bullshit never ends , peta like anti gaming groups are such hypocrites , i don't need to explain this any further do i ?

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
You know, I'd like to see helping an injured puppy be made as DLC, just to stick it to 'em. Change nothing, just add helping an injured puppy, perhaps an achievement.

And the really funny thing is, I bet it would make them shut up.