PETA Responds to World at War Dog Killing Controversy

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
I doubt they even bothered to think of how historical accuracy comes in to play here.
Animals have been used in wars since forever, its racist toward animals to leave them out of these fun games :)

I want a COD mode where you play Infinity Ward and Treyarch employees who must fend off the resurrected corpses of the PETA as they shamble towards your office and smash down the windows.

NubletInc

Feb 18, 2009
JESUS H F***ING CHRIST THEY TOOK THIS SERIOUSLY? My god i have lost faith in humanity, f*** it I am officially a god damned monkey.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
NubletInc said:
JESUS H F***ING CHRIST THEY TOOK THIS SERIOUSLY? My god i have lost faith in humanity, f*** it I am officially a god damned monkey.
OMG, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!! PETA WILL EUTHANIZE YOU!!! I SHALL MISS YOU DEAR MONKEY-MAN NUBLETInc [/sillyness]

Well, I still wonder when Human Rights activists will show up to protest the mass genocides of humans in video games.

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
Malygris said:
"With a little Nintendogs influence, perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them," the group said.
NO WAY.

I fucking love this website.

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
ok i love animals i support people that fight for: crueler punishments for animal abuse hate for puppy mills and all that other stuff

i have had and my family combined has problay had around 40 dogs

we love dogs................BUT

this has got to be one of the most retarded ass things ive seen in a couple years

Rogue of Hearts

Feb 21, 2009
wait so what about games like ... oblivion, where you can go around killing all sorts of animals like deer, horses, wolves, bears, etc.

and what about I am Legend when Will Smith strangled Sam?

and all the zombie games ... ZOMBIES HAVE RIGHTS TOO!

Marble Dragon

Mar 11, 2009
Papopapo456 said:
ckeymel said:
Malygris said:
"With a little Nintendogs influence, perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them," the group said.
I want the job of being PETA's official spokesperson. It seems like they get to sit around all day thinking up the most ridiculous things they possibly can.
It's not human to think the way PETA does. It's just plain stupid.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0exLa6saV9o
I went onto youtube, watched that whole thing, and then bashed my head into my wall several times just to fend off murderous rage. The thing about PETA is this: They don't get it. They believe in a world in which all animals are free, but what kind of world would that be? All the blind people fall off of cliffs or come to some other doom. Look, people, service dogs aren't slaves. They're freaking paid workers! They get food, they get a good place to stay, they get health care, and they're happy doing what they do! Dogs aren't humans. They want a purpose in life, a job. If guiding a good friend around is a job, they'll do it and they're happy.

I haven't actually played the game in question, but it sounds like PETA is overstating the issue and then some. We're not going to play Frisbee in a war. Sorry. They need to wake up form their little dream world and realize that there are some things that DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE. Soldiers walking Nazi war dogs in the park? Doesn't make sense. My conclusion? If there was an anti-PETA group, I'd join it. In fact, maybe I should try starting one. Or at least send in a nice big letter, telling PETA what intelligent people think about them.

Oh, wait, that won't work. They're still living in their dream world, and they still can't be bothered to take a look into other people's opinions. We could just go the easy route: Tell them what we think of them by firebombing their headquarters. (You know, like they support doing to tons of animal research facilities?)

Snor

Mar 17, 2009
if peta was in charge we would be in planet of the apes or that book of orwell, anyway we would be screwed

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
You know what someone should do? They should send a box of guns to the PETA headquarters. Then, the next day, release 100+ wild, ravenous dogs into their building, then lock all the doors. Which ones to you think would be alive the next day?

theSchlub

Mar 24, 2009
It seems funny that Peta has yet to say anything about the packs of dogs being shot and killed in Fallout 3, especially since you can gib them in humorous ways. It's one thing to shoot them, it's another to blow their heads off and run around with them.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
theSchlub said:
It seems funny that Peta has yet to say anything about the packs of dogs being shot and killed in Fallout 3
VERY good point...maybe PETA want the people that designed Fallout 3 to do their next flash games gore.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Malygris said:
game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

aw man, that made my day

Aedwynn

Jan 10, 2009
lasherman said:
So killing humans is perfectly fine, but shooting a couple of vicious attack dogs that will tear your throat out is cruel? ok...
This is pretty much my problem with animal rights groups.

How can you be opposed to virtual animal cruelty? I don't get it. It's like that game scene in Monkey Island I where you poison the governor's dogs and a disclaimer pops up informing the player that the dogs are only sleeping.

Would PETA now have games use those disclaimers without irony? Oh lordy, that's dumb.

Obliterato

Sep 16, 2008
PETA is seriously behind the times, Call of Duty 4 had dogs although since they were probably too busy picketing KFC or something. All I know is that after playing the 4th and 5th games in the Call of Duty series, I have this massive urge to go out, find a dog... and... play fetch with the little blighter

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
HobbesMkii said:
Here's an alternative headline: "Activision to PETA over Dog-Killing Controversy: Bite Me"
PETA: kill as many People, Really Brutally all you like, but dont hurt Guard dogs

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
"With a little Nintendogs influence, perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them," the group said. And after that you can invite the SS Panzer Division Totenkopf out for lunch and maybe see if they'd like to join your book club."

Hell i'd buy it