PETA Unveils Anti-Seal Hunt Game

Spoon1138

Oct 12, 2009
I understand what they are trying to accomplish here but it doesn't help their cause if the game is boring.

At least at the end of the Killing Mama -or whatever it was called- they had a video showing the inhumane treatment of the turkeys and it was kind of almost fun.

So please PETA, try a little harder next time.

Here's an idea: Sarah Palin is hunting wolves from a helicopter and the player must try to save as many lives by equipping their wolves with jet packs and rocket launchers. Maybe they could get Jib Jab to animate it and have Moby do the soundtrack. Now THAT would be a fun game.

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
Why is PETA ripping on the Olympics? I don't think they can do anything about the seal clubbing...
Shouldn't they be complaining to the Prime Minister or the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans?
Why target the Olympics? It just doesn't make any sense...

eels05 said:
Maybe they should make a game when you vandalize private and personal property,grafitti walls and smash stuff up while wearing balaclavas.
To be honest, I'd probably play that.
Spoon1138 said:
Here's an idea: Sarah Palin is hunting wolves from a helicopter and the player must try to save as many lives by equipping their wolves with jet packs and rocket launchers. Maybe they could get Jib Jab to animate it and have Moby do the soundtrack. Now THAT would be a fun game.
I'd play this too.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
Does the bad ending feature Michaëlle Jean eating your heart? Canada has the most badass head of state.

JusticarPhaeton

Jul 29, 2009
ThrobbingEgo said:
Does the bad ending feature Michaëlle Jean eating your heart? Canada has the most badass head of state.
Oh, the controversy from that simple act. So very pointless...

(For those of you less-informed, the Canadian Guv'ner General visited some communities in the North and took part in a native seal-eating ritual. Anti-sealers were in cahoots.)

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
JusticarPhaeton said:
ThrobbingEgo said:

(For those of you less-informed, the Canadian Guv'ner General visited some communities in the North and took part in a native seal-eating ritual. Anti-sealers were in cahoots.)
In cahoots? What kind of thesaurus have you been reading? :p

Misaek

Oct 28, 2008
Man, I hate animal cruelty and do think animals shouldn't be hunted for sport (because there is really no point to hunt, people hunted for food and we don't need that anymore, we just go to the store and buy food, why kill something for no reason?) but I swear PETA makes me want to throw a sack of puppies in a river.

JusticarPhaeton

Jul 29, 2009
ThrobbingEgo said:
JusticarPhaeton said:
ThrobbingEgo said:

In cahoots? What kind of thesaurus have you been reading? :p
A very bad one, it seems ;)

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
Undeadundertaker333 said:
Man, I hate animal cruelty and do think animals shouldn't be hunted for sport (because there is really no point to hunt, people hunted for food and we don't need that anymore, we just go to the store and buy food, why kill something for no reason?) but I swear PETA makes me want to throw a sack of puppies in a river.
So, wait, you agree with them, specifically the game's message, but they make you want to drown small dogs? How does that work?

What about PeTA's ad bothers you?

StonkThis

Aug 12, 2009
Disaster Button said:
I honestly didn't think Canada would be the kind of country to have a freaking annual Seal Hunt. I'm actually pretty disappointed about that.
It's not like every Canadian runs out with a baseball bat and heads north. I'm Canadian and didn't know much about it until lately. But yes, it is disappointing that even some people participate, but still, as long as the population doesn't dwindle too much, I don't see how it is worse than regular hunting.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
It's also part of Inuit culture. Now, that doesn't justify it, but the Inuit have a history of screwed over many times by the Canadian qallunaat, who claim to know better.

Maybe it's best not to fuck around with their way of life?

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
damn best time is 53 seconds.
just becuase canada has seal hunting in it doesnt mean everyone in canada loves bashing some seals.
most of canada thinks its horrible including me!
so dont associate this with the rest of Canada.. leave it to the territories and beyond!

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
StonkThis said:
Disaster Button said:
I honestly didn't think Canada would be the kind of country to have a freaking annual Seal Hunt. I'm actually pretty disappointed about that.
It's not like every Canadian runs out with a baseball bat and heads north. I'm Canadian and didn't know much about it until lately. But yes, it is disappointing that even some people participate, but still, as long as the population doesn't dwindle too much, I don't see how it is worse than regular hunting.
Its not much worse than regular hunting, but the point is hunting is bad anyway.

Dr. Gorgenflex

May 10, 2009
I as a Canadian love to club seals. But its been difficult ever since my polar bear got sick from American global warming. I have no way to get to school and take seal clubbing class. And my igloo is melting as well. Shit sux up here.

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
The game does have an ending...

I played it once and my time was 1:04.

The OP must have the attention span of a goldfish!

Woem

May 28, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
To put it bluntly, [...]
Haha, I see what you did there!

To be honest I don't think the game disappointed at all. It's a Ski Free clone!

Margrave Rinstock

Jul 17, 2009
Lost In The Void said:
PETA would you please leave my country alone. Environmentalists seem to love it here. PETA highlighting seal hunt, Greenpeace blocking oil sand projects...
Here here! I too have Grown Tired of Annoying Eco-Zealots. The Self-Same Polar Bears they are Also Trying to Protect DO THE EXACT SAME THING!
They Say they are all For Nature...but their goals are completely Artificial (as well as completely unachievable)! Remove Violence From Nature? Damn Imbeciles.