Peter Jackson Sends Video Blog Back from Middle Earth

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Was that Ian Holm's voice doing the narration at the end? I know there have been rumors he'd be narrating, but I can't tell if that's his voice or not, it'd certainly confirm or debunk these rumors though.

P.S. Thanks

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
Fetzenfisch said:
i am so looking forward to this movie. Feeling like a little boy again in front of the great screen. :)
"Movies" They are splitting the hobbit into 2 movies.

It's kind of crazy to think that for the next year and a half or so, whenever i'm down I can just think, "A ton of people are having an absolute blast filming The Hobbit."

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Mister Benoit said:
Fetzenfisch said:
i am so looking forward to this movie. Feeling like a little boy again in front of the great screen. :)
"Movies" They are splitting the hobbit into 2 movies.

It's kind of crazy to think that for the next year and a half or so, whenever i'm down I can just think, "A ton of people are having an absolute blast filming The Hobbit."
Two parts make still one movie. At least for me. Its not that the story is over after part 1 and they follow up with a sequel.
I couldnt watch Lawrence of Arabia in one sitting either.

Grond Strong

Mar 16, 2011
I'm quite pleased that Jackson is directing this movie(s). Because although it may have been nice to see a different style in a LoTR movie, I believe that it's better if all the movies are consistent with each other. From the looks of things it will be a great success. Don't know if I agree with them making it into two movies and I wonder if that was Jackson's call or the company to milk the franchise. The Hobbit is shorter than any of the trilogy books and I think that if they were going to make any of them into two movies then it should have been those. To me, there is no smooth transition into a double movie and the book is a simple enough read to keep it limited to one. But what am I to say? I'm a skeptic, not a movie producer. :p

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Casual Shinji said:
I guess Jackson is getting older too, but he really looks kind of frail and exhausted compared to when he made LotR.
I looks like he lost about a hundred pounds too.
He also used to have good head of hair and a nice bushy beard. Ain't much left of that either.

It's almost like the LotR franchise is eating the guy alive.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
Martin Freeman does look like a young Ian Holm. And I feel like this movie is in good hands. I'm glad he sounds like he's excited about it. If I was to work on a LotR movie, I would be hella ecstatic too.

Ohhh my goodness I am feeling so much nerdgasm right now, I actually have a movie to look forward to seeing.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I just got really, really excited for this. I have to rewatch the trilogy again.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
I cried. No words can describe how excited I am. I can not wait for this movie. I enjoyed the Lord of the Rings films immensely.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
Before I wasn't all that excited, but now seeing the bagend set again, remembering watching the trilogy in the cinema... I can't wait.

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
Wow. I didn't expect to feel so excited, but man, I can't WAIT for The Hobbit(s). I'm glad Peter finally ended up back at the helm; this is his series, and I don't know if it could have been done half as well as it deserved without him.