PewDiePie Beaten to dust! Also tell us bad let's players.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
i never seen any of his videos on purpose. i figure since his fans are immature assholes then piwdiepie is just like his fans. i may be wrong but i am fine with being blissfully ignorant about piwdiepie.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
To be fair, as far as I can tell; all Lets Players who are not Robbaz are terrible.

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
FirebirdXR said:
Pewdiepie brings nothing new and is hardly funny at all.

We need good Let's Play videos.
Does anyone like Game Grumps with JonTron and Egoraptor?
I'm having a hard time deciding if i really like their style of commentating or not. A lot of the time i feel like all they talk about are inside jokes and i'm like the third wheel just sitting around listening to them laugh about stuff i don't even get. But then when they do actually talk about what's currently going on, it's absolutely hilarious to watch. Right now, i'm enjoying their Aladdin playthrough, so hopefully that goes through for a while.

Speaking of which, i don't think they have a schedule for like...anything. Some days they post like 5 videos, some days its only one. Some days its Banjo Kazooie, and in a month maybe they'll put up another yoshi's island video. It's a bit all over the place. Maybe i'm just used to tobygames' structure, so i'm probably just being biased.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
PewDie's one and only problem is his excessive relevance on rape jokes.

Yeah, sure, a little crude humour can add some lulz from time to time, I'll admit that. When your whole schtick involves placing words like "VAGINA" or "TITS" in your video titles to get some views, though, I think you've got a maturity problem.

True, that does attract a viewership that likes that kind of joke, but I know a few mature Let's Players who don't ALLCAPS their titles, don't resort to genitalia or rape jokes, and who don't excessively react to things.

I mean, the concept of the Let's Play involves a commentary. Commentating a game as you play it doesn't really involve shouting "AUGH! TITS! I'M SCARED, WHERE'S MY HORSEY FRIEND?!", so much as it should involve critiquing the game's art style, how lively or believable this or that section feels, or maybe a tiny bit of roleplaying thrown in, in the case of RPGs. I can think of quite a few Let's Players who do a terrific job of providing info as they're playing while still being entertaining and largely sedate. Lotus Prince comes to mind.

It's just really disconcerting. It's like we're conditioned by the YouTube generation to find a twentysomething man screaming obscenities into a microphone to be appealing.

Paranoah

Oct 23, 2012
FitScotGaymer said:
I like let's plays but I find it hard to find let's players I like. Especially on YouTube.

Most either swear excessively, nothing worse than watching someone play a game and that person swearing every two seconds "fuck you" at the game.
Or they scream and put on stupid ass voices.
Or have a really soporific voice.
I have been watching a guy called Northernlion for some time and find him enjoyable i would reccommend him :)

HellRaid

Mar 19, 2009
lucky_sharm said:
hazabaza1 said:
Anyone who makes Let's Plays soley to make money is a ****. Simple as.
That includes Pewdiepie.
I'm just going to quote Minnesota Burns, a youtube commentator, in regards to this line of thinking.

"Your logic [in regards to let's players making money] is fucking retarded, and I'm becoming very concerned that you are as well, so you might wanna get that checked out. But let me break down some real world points, that may or may not help you, but here is what the deal is, ************.

People in the real world. Need to make money. To live. People might go to work 9-5, some people might work from home doing youtube or maybe another business, but the fact that remains is that no one wants to be a poor ass ************.

Now everyone is going to have a different definition of what a comfortable lifestyle is. Some people might think, "Hey, my nine to five $40,000 a year with benefits, and a vacation every year, that's my comfortable lifestyle. I like to go to work, I like to make my $40,000 a year, I like to take care of my family, I like to have my one vacation a year, that's me." Some people might think,"Hey, I want to make $500,000. I want to make tons of investments. I want three nice cars in the drive way. I want a private education for my kids."

...But the fact of the matter is, I don't know anyone that's like, "You wanna know what I wanna do with my life? I wanna live in a van, down by the river!" But I think it's just human nature for people who haven't seen success in their life, or maybe they've been through some failures, to hate on people who have found success. Like, they see someone pull up to them at a stop light in a nice car and think, "This guy a fucking asshole." But you don't know that guy. Maybe he worked his ass off all his life and maybe he wanted to buy himself something nice. And maybe you're just sitting there thinking, "Wow, I wasn't able to get this successful, so nobody is allowed to!"
Oh god this.

I quite enjoy watching PewDiePie from time to time. I wouldn't say he's laugh-out-loud funny or anything, but he's amusing which is good enough for me.

But what I really hate is that channel called retsupurae. So I've decided I'm going to take the law into my own hands and make a video which is a compilation of their videos and I'm going to talk over them and cut them in odd places to make them look worse than they are. Yeah! That'll show them!

...Oh wait, no I won't. I have better things to do with my time.

Playing The System

Oct 24, 2012
Never heard of PewDiePie til reading this thread. Watching the video... I just have a headache now. >.< Guess the screamy insane guy isn't for me. XD

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
I like PewdiePie. I don't watch him consistently but I find it fun to pop in once or twice a week for his random nature. But I watch a lot of LPers so I don't tend to keep up with his series as much.
And the only bad LPers are the ones who never talk or tell a joke and just sit there quietly for most of the time.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
I hate PewDiePie and I want him to stop. No threats, no rants, I've given up on that. I just want him to stop. Please. Please stop. No more attributing rape to everything. No more showing of your GF for views. One less Toby imitator. Just, please. *Swigs vodka*

(I do want him to murdered though. With an axe. Made of bees.)

He's the only LPer I really despise. Well, him and UberHaxorNova...

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Having never seen any of this guys videos I could safely say I had the same kind of :O reaction as some of these other viewers.

acewolf1569

Jun 14, 2010
I've never really seen any of his videos all the way through. Though from what I have heard, he's pretty annoying. I only really watch the Yogscast and the Creatures (Uberhaxornova, Kootra, Sp00n, SSoH, Danznewz)

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
I don't seem to hate him that much as most, even when he can be quite annoying. There are some pretty good LP out there on Youtube, like Matt and Patt from Two Best Friends Play. They really put to shame somebody like Pewdiepie.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
I used to sub to Pewdiepie, but he hasn't come up with a new joke in a long time. Like people have said in the thread, he used to have some new jokes and genuine reactions, but now he just repeats the same few catchphrases over and over.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
Well, there is also the problem that he's teaching hundreds of thousands of youngsters that rape is something trivial, something perfectly okay to laugh with and make fun of. That alone makes him a terrible person who should be downright banned from uploading anything onto the internet ever again.

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
I'm really impartial to Pewdiepie. But I really, really hate his fans. At least the ones that go on to other LP videos and post comments about how Pewdiepie is so much better, he has a hot girlfriend, and other annoying things 12 year olds say.

If you need evidence, look at the comments section of any Robbaz video. You won't have to look far...

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
Anyone here ever heard of markiplier? he's only got about 20k subs but he is THE best LP on youtube right now imo. Most, if not all of his reactions are genuine, and he will often comment on the game's narrative/atmosphere/gameplay.

Example video: http://www.youtube.com/user/markiplierGAME?feature=g-all-u

Overlord Val

Sep 17, 2012
Why is he so damn popular? hmm it's quite simple really...
1. Many people like watching letsplay horror games.
2. A blind letsplay is also quite fun to watch.
3. Some people DO find dirty joke and swearing funny...(well I don't but it doesn't bother me that much.)

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Liandar said:
I don't know if I had accidentally clicked on pewdiepie's video some time ago, but my recommended videos on youtube were flooded with his videos and, considering that most of his videos have a fucking disgusting thumbnail, I want him to burn in hell now.
Also, since when repeatedly fake screaming, swearing and rape shouting is considered funny? If you like that sort of material, you should just watch nostalgiacritic. He at least puts effort into his videos.
When did the nostalgia critic ever do rape shouting also don?t ever compare the two hell don?t put them in the same sentence yes he screams and swears but not like this.