Pies!

Dec 14, 2009
There will two lines of thought for everyone who hears the word 'pie'. One will be a light, puffy pastry, containing various succulent meats, vegetables and gravy.

The other will be some sort of dessert nonsense that has no right to be called a pie.

Awwww yeaaaaah

In the beginning, there was meat, and it was good. But a man can only eat so much meat, and sadly, meat would go to waste.

This angered the Great British Food God, who spent the good portion of one hundred thousand years fightning off the Food Standards Agency.

Naturally though, he came up with cunning plan. Stick the leftover meat into something, and then eat it later.

And the pie was born. A handy palm sized package of deliciousness that can sate any man's hunger 'till tea time.

The steam that escapes from the first crack in a fresh hot pie has been proven to be nine hundred thousand degrees celsius. That's pretty bloody hot, and would warm anyone in the harshest winters.

'But Daystar, you teen heartthrob you, what would one eat during the summer, when it's too hot to eat pies?' I hear you cry.

That's a good question you constipated turnip monger.

Cold pies!

There's pastry wrapped meat for every occasion:

And many, many more.

But what if you're craving something sweet but want it in the form of a pie?

Well first, you should check your birth certificate, make sure you're not an American, because if you're not, then you've got a serious medical condition.

There is, however, one exception to the sweet pie rule, but you're only allowed it during Christmas.

Mince pies

Confusing British children for generations. It looks like it has meat in it, but it's dried fruit, and it's got 'mince' in the name, thus creating more confusion.

It's often said that you can judge a man by the food he eats.

When Americans get a snack during half time of whatever nonsense sport they watch, they get a hot dog.

A rather phallic object, in a bun.

The Aussies are too busy dying from whatever dangerous animal has gotten in their trousers that day.

The Kiwis are too busy being unnoticed.

The Canadians are too busy being cold to do anything.

The British. The British eat...

Loads of bloody pies, with meat and gravy and manliness in every bite!

[HEADING=1]raaaaawr! manly pies for manly men![/HEADING]

Dec 14, 2009
Mortai Gravesend said:
Your topics make me so jealous of your food. I want pies with meat in them more often...
You should try making one. They're not that hard to make, I'm sure you could find a recipe online.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I like a good pie! I can't believe poor America don't have our pies :/

Also mince Pies TASTE LIKE COCK. Yuck!

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
The Aussies are too busy dying from whatever dangerous animal has gotten in their trousers that day.
Actually at our sporting events, you'll be hard pressed to find anything other than a good pie.

And if we died every time a dangerous animal got in our trousers, they would be none of us left. You just crush the things head in-between your legs and carry on your day.

Anyway love your thread and love pies. Nothing beats a good manly meaty pie. Although I eat my grandmothers fruit mince pies by the truckload on Christmas.

Dec 14, 2009
Lizardon said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Actually at our sporting events, you'll be hard pressed to find anything other than a good pie.

And if we died every time a dangerous animal got in our trousers, they would be none of us left. You just crush the things head in-between your legs and carry on your day.

Anyway love your thread and love pies. Nothing beats a good manly meaty pie. Although I eat my grandmothers fruit mince pies by the truckload on Christmas.
I actually really like mince pies, and because they're only around during Christmas, I never get tired of them.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
My mother does make a rather good moose-pie. That's the only kind of pie I really eat though. And they're hardly palm sized.

Oh, and that Scotch pie looks rather lewd.

Dec 14, 2009
Jonluw said:
My mother does make a rather good moose-pie. That's the only kind of pie I really eat though.

It needs the hole, lest the eater be burned to death in an explosion of gravy and meat goodness.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
My mother does make a rather good moose-pie. That's the only kind of pie I really eat though.

It needs the hole, lest the eater be burned to death in an explosion of gravy and meat goodness.
If anything, the mental image of gravy with chunks of meat in it spurting out of that hole only serves to make it more lewd.

Incidentally, my mother's moose pie was what prompted me to make my recent aspargus thread.

Dec 14, 2009
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:

If anything, the mental image of gravy with chunks of meat in it spurting out of that hole only serves to make it more lewd.

Incidentally, my mother's moose pie was what prompted me to make my recent aspargus thread.
You just had to go and make it sexual didn't you.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:

What?
What did you think I meant the first time 'round when I said it was lewd?
[sub]Oh, and the word 'lewd' has now crossed the boundary for meaningful usage. The way it sounds no longer makes sense. Lewd lewd lewd lewdlewdlewdlewd.[/sub]

Dec 14, 2009
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:

What?
What did you think I meant the first time 'round when I said it was lewd?
Yes, but that was subtle, I could ignore that.

Now I've got meat and gravy spurting out of things stuck in my head.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Confusing British children for generations. It looks like it has meat in it, but it's dried fruit, and it's got 'mince' in the name, thus creating more confusion.
Mincemeat used to have actual meat in. Nowdays people are to cowardly to think of such a thing.

Here's a recipe from wikipedia A Propre new booke of Cokery (actual name of the book, was in 1545).

Pyes of mutton or beif must be fyne mynced & seasoned with pepper and salte and a lytel saffron to colour it / suet or marrow a good quantitie / a lytell vynegre / pruynes / great reasons / and dates / take the fattest of the broath of powdred beefe. And if you will have paest royall / take butter and yolkes of egges & so to temper the floure to make the paest.
Yes, that's English. This was the original mince pie.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Meat pies are another thing from the UK I can't stand. Sorry. It's alright though, I'm already universally hated for giving marmite a chance and hating it too. The fabled Branston Pickle is still being searched for.

I'd have some pumpkin, strawberry-rhubarb or cherry pie with you but I'd politely decline sharing meat pie with you. The few times I've been in a family meal situation where it was presented I just filled myself with the side dishes and buns -.-

Dec 14, 2009
Fishyash said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Mincemeat used to have actual meat in. Nowdays people are to cowardly to think of such a thing.

Here's a recipe from wikipedia A Propre new booke of Cokery (actual name of the book, was in 1545).

Pyes of mutton or beif must be fyne mynced & seasoned with pepper and salte and a lytel saffron to colour it / suet or marrow a good quantitie / a lytell vynegre / pruynes / great reasons / and dates / take the fattest of the broath of powdred beefe. And if you will have paest royall / take butter and yolkes of egges & so to temper the floure to make the paest.
Yes, that's English. This was the original mince pie.
I had my suspicions that they originally had meat in them and kept the name just to confuse people.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I love your British threads.

Home made Steak pie is the best. Seriously *nothing* will beat this Godly food (except Bacon)

Apparently this is just a Welsh thing, but Corned Beef Pasties are amazing - best hot with tonnes of Tomato Ketchup on top.
Basically Corned Beef, Potato and if you want stuff like Onion and what not.

And Corned Beef pie!

Dec 14, 2009
FamoFunk said:
I love your British threads.

Home made Steak pie is the best. Seriously *nothing* will beat this Godly food (except Bacon)

Apparently this is just a Welsh thing, but Corned Beef Pasties are amazing - best hot with tonnes of Tomato Ketchup on top.
Basically Corned Beef, Potato and if you want stuff like Onion and what not.

And Corned Beef pie!
I love how the corned beef pie kind of looks like a book.

'Hmm, these books are great for reading, but not great for eating. Let's change that.'