Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
My mother does make a rather good moose-pie. That's the only kind of pie I really eat though.

Oh, and that Scotch pie looks rather lewd.
It needs the hole, lest the eater be burned to death in an explosion of gravy and meat goodness.
If anything, the mental image of gravy with chunks of meat in it spurting out of that hole only serves to make it more lewd.

Incidentally, my mother's moose pie was what prompted me to make my recent aspargus thread.
You just had to go and make it sexual didn't you.

This is why we can't have nice things.
What?
What did you think I meant the first time 'round when I said it was lewd?
Yes, but that was subtle, I could ignore that.

Now I've got meat and gravy spurting out of things stuck in my head.
Ah, well that's just what I do.
Jonluw[small][sup]TM[/sup][/small]: Visualizing and imprinting disgusting and/or disturbing images for you, free of charge since 1993.
[sub]This user is not to be held accountable for any grievances that may result from use of Jonluw[sup]TM[/sup] or affiliated services.
Jonluw[sup]TM[/sup] may not be available upon request.[/sub]

Allow me to add to your visual feast the complementary sensation of the fragrance of urine after a particularly enthustiastic aspargus-binge.

Dec 14, 2009
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
My mother does make a rather good moose-pie. That's the only kind of pie I really eat though.

It needs the hole, lest the eater be burned to death in an explosion of gravy and meat goodness.
If anything, the mental image of gravy with chunks of meat in it spurting out of that hole only serves to make it more lewd.

Incidentally, my mother's moose pie was what prompted me to make my recent aspargus thread.

What?

Jonluw[small][sup]TM[/sup][/small]: Visualizing and imprinting disgusting and/or disturbing images for you, free of charge since 1993.
[sub]This user is not to be held accountable for any grievances that may result from use of Jonluw[sup]TM[/sup] or affiliated services.

Allow me to add to your visual feast the complementary sensation of the fragrance of urine after a particularly enthustiastic aspargus-binge.
I'm one of the lucky few that asparagus seems to have no effect on, so I actually have no idea what that's supposed to smell like.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Pinkie Pie.

In all seriousness, I've always been a fan of pie, even with my horrible case of being American. Apparently I should take a trip over to Britain and get myself schooled on what a real pie is. I think I'll do that. I've always been envious of you British folk and your accents.

Dec 14, 2009
Instant K4rma said:
Pinkie Pie.

In all seriousness, I've always been a fan of pie, even with my horrible case of being American. Apparently I should take a trip over to Britain and get myself schooled on what a real pie is. I think I'll do that. I've always been envious of you British folk and your accents.
Oh, hell no, there will be no ponies in one of my threads.

I'm visually mincing her up and sticking her in a pie.

I'm not a fan of horse meat, but fuck it, gravy fixes everything.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:

What?

I'm one of the lucky few that asparagus seems to have no effect on, so I actually have no idea what that's supposed to smell like.

[sub]Curse your immunity![/sub]​

Dec 14, 2009
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jonluw said:

What?

[sub]Curse your immunity![/sub]​
I am the future.

Fear my asparagus fighting powers.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Please make more threads like this.

Pork pies are awesome, definitely some of the best. Although steak & ale is pretty damn good. No true pie is complete without peas and gravy, however.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Ah...on a dreary and cold day with people speculating about the end of the internet, a Daystar food thread is just what we need.

I can say this is an occasion where I prefer the British version of pie over the American version. I go to a local pub (Charleston, SC. The owners are Irish, though. Actually Irish, not the "ancestor from five generations ago was Irish" thing that many Americans like to go by) and they have an amaaaaaazing Shepherd's Pie. Does the Irish take on the dish count here?

Will we ever get a beer thread? I've only had one English beer [http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/935/14563] that I know of, but it was great.

Dec 14, 2009
DustyDrB said:
Ah...on a dreary and cold day with people speculating about the end of the internet, a Daystar food thread is just what we need.

I can say this is an occasion where I prefer the British version of pie over the American version. I go to a local pub (Charleston, SC. The owners are Irish, though. Actually Irish, not the "ancestor from five generations ago was Irish" thing that many Americans like to go by) and they have an amaaaaaazing Shepherd's Pie. Does the Irish take on the dish count here?

Will we ever get a beer thread? I've only had one English beer [http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/935/14563] that I know of, but it was great.
Shepherd's pie most certainly counts. A little chunk of Ireland is part of the UK so it's completely legit.

I may very well do a beer thread actually, there are some damn fine pints brewed over here.

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Tasty Pie snip
I've always wanted to make a spaghetti bolognese pie...I'm just too lazy to do it and my girlfriend chokes at the idea. I think it would be amazing though.

I fucking love steak and ale pie though...nothing beats the Steak and Tanglefoot pie at my sister's local pub...

Thoughts of the idea of spaghetti bolognese pie?

EDIT: A beer thread would rule everything. And I have a much better knowledge of beers than pie...although get a load of this ************.

That is the GOD of pie. Few people can finish half let alone a whole one.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I like meat and I like pies. I wish meat pies were more common place here in the States.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
number one, best pie is meat pie, so I agree with that. Shepards pie is so good.. I know Garrus would agree *ZING!*

But really now, I do love a pecan pie, thats really about it in the non meat varity..

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
And I thought the topic about biscuits was the most British thread ever...

But yeah, pies are awesome. I love our food ^_^

Dec 14, 2009
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Tasty Pie snip
I've always wanted to make a spaghetti bolognese pie...I'm just too lazy to do it and my girlfriend chokes at the idea. I think it would be amazing though.

I fucking love steak and ale pie though...nothing beats the Steak and Tanglefoot pie at my sister's local pub...

EDIT: A beer thread would rule everything. And I have a much better knowledge of beers than pie...although get a load of this ************.

Holy crap, that's not even chunky meat, it just looks like someone wrapped pastry around a cow and the started cutting bits off.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Tasty Pie snip

...Oh gods... That's like, more than a cubic foot of meat and pastry in there. Almost as bad as the "Hulk-burger" I've seen in an Aberystwyth pub-4500 calories in it!

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Holy crap, that's not even chunky meat, it just looks like someone wrapped pastry around a cow and the started cutting bits off.
I am yet to taste the awesomeness of Keswick's cow pie... This summer I'll definitely be giving it a go though. Both my brothers-in-law have had it. They told me that in order to finish the entire thing, they had to go for a "tactical toilet break" so they could make room lol.

Dec 14, 2009
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I am yet to taste the awesomeness of Keswick's cow pie... This summer I'll definitely be giving it a go though. Both my brothers-in-law have had it. They told me that in order to finish the entire thing, they had to go for a "tactical toilet break" so they could make room lol.
Cheaters :D

I love that there's other stuff on the plate, on the off chance that you're still feeling hungry afterwards.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Steak and kidney (good for the gravy) are definitely number 1. Topped with flaky pastry.

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
...Oh gods... That's like, more than a cubic foot of meat and pastry in there. Almost as bad as the "Hulk-burger" I've seen in an Aberystwyth pub-4500 calories in it![/quote]

By "bad", you mean "good" right?

Daystar Clarion said:
Cheaters :D

I love that there's other stuff on the plate, on the off chance that you're still feeling hungry afterwards.
Haha, cheaters or fucking geniuses? The chips they do at the pub are fucking amazing. To be fair, Keswick is in the middle of the Lake District, a place where people go on really long mountain hikes... The people who order the cow pie have likely earned it after a hard day's walking. I know that's what I'll have done before eating that monstrosity.

Dec 14, 2009
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Haha, cheaters or fucking geniuses? The chips they do at the pub are fucking amazing. To be fair, Keswick is in the middle of the Lake District, a place where people go on really long mountain hikes... The people who order the cow pie have likely earned it after a hard day's walking. I know that's what I'll have done before eating that monstrosity.
I suppose you can walk it off then, on the way back home.