Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Chester41585 said:
Um... does the KPOS have a magazine?
Actually, no. The KPOS is a modification you add to a base weapon. I think FAB Defense recommends a Glock model of weapon, but I'm not familiar with their compatibility list. So, technically, the rail system and stock are the KPOS-inspired parts in this image over a base weapon.

Not to come off like an asshole, but alot of you folks need to drop some time into weapons research before you start critiquing weapons. I recommend visiting http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm for some detailed information on alot of the weapons being posted here or being used as base weapons for inspiration/modification. It's getting kinda irritating having to sift through six posts of "Where's this part" and "How's it supposed to do this" when five minutes of reading could answer those and multitudes of other questions. However, weapons in the Impracticality and Ridiculous Concept sections can be exempt to the necessity of research, since the designs are, by nature, concept designs.
Well thankyou for the link :) and in my defense it was an honest question, not a critique. If I critique I try to give the issue and a possible solution, not just ask a question.
I do realize that many of us need more basic info on guns before trying to make some of our critiques, but that's why most of us stick to the basics in those situations. The lack of a magazine is one of those "Is it plugged in" situations, so we would feel safe asking about it. Just like many of the "single shot" rifles that still have magazines. The KPOS was a rare spot in this idea where there really shouldn't be a magazine, just like the Mass Effect guns earlier. But that's why we asked. I had never heard of KPOS, I assumed it was a gun since nothing of yours looked familliar to me. Had I looked it up online I would've been looking in the wrong section >.<

0p3rati0n said:
Dr. Noob is in the process of making that for the program.
Oh... well I kinda beat him to it then :p but thanks for lettin us know ^^

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
LordMalachi said:
Chester41585 said:
Um... does the KPOS have a magazine?
Actually, no. The KPOS is a modification you add to a base weapon. I think FAB Defense recommends a Glock model of weapon, but I'm not familiar with their compatibility list. So, technically, the rail system and stock are the KPOS-inspired parts in this image over a base weapon.

Not to come off like an asshole, but alot of you folks need to drop some time into weapons research before you start critiquing weapons. I recommend visiting http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm for some detailed information on alot of the weapons being posted here or being used as base weapons for inspiration/modification. It's getting kinda irritating having to sift through six posts of "Where's this part" and "How's it supposed to do this" when five minutes of reading could answer those and multitudes of other questions. However, weapons in the Impracticality and Ridiculous Concept sections can be exempt to the necessity of research, since the designs are, by nature, concept designs.
Well thankyou for the link :) and in my defense it was an honest question, not a critique. If I critique I try to give the issue and a possible solution, not just ask a question.
I do realize that many of us need more basic info on guns before trying to make some of our critiques, but that's why most of us stick to the basics in those situations. The lack of a magazine is one of those "Is it plugged in" situations, so we would feel safe asking about it. Just like many of the "single shot" rifles that still have magazines. The KPOS was a rare spot in this idea where there really shouldn't be a magazine, just like the Mass Effect guns earlier. But that's why we asked. I had never heard of KPOS, I assumed it was a gun since nothing of yours looked familliar to me. Had I looked it up online I would've been looking in the wrong section >.<

0p3rati0n said:
Dr. Noob is in the process of making that for the program.
Oh... well I kinda beat him to it then :p but thanks for lettin us know ^^
and I beat you to making a fal about 20 pages ago (i organized my photobucket so all my old links are broken)
made before the new version came out

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
sooperman said:
Hay guise i herd u leik Z-Day stashes

My kit contains a BB gun that fires 5mm copper BBs meaning little recoil and almost zero noise upon firing, a shotgun for close encounters, a combat knife, and a trusty crowbar. Never leave home without a crowbar.
And because no man is a free man without a crowbar.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Stickyreiss said:
and I beat you to making a fal about 20 pages ago (i organized my photobucket so all my old links are broken)
made before the new version came out
:p yeah but mine was in the new version. Diff catagory. still cool tho.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010

My current sniper in Combat Arms, a free FPS I play. Only gun I've bought with cash, since my lvl is too low for me to buy it in game >.> It's based off the M14, my all time fave rifle of doom ^^

Howd I do guys?

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:

My current sniper in Combat Arms, a free FPS I play. Only gun I've bought with cash, since my lvl is too low for me to buy it in game >.> It's based off the M14, my all time fave rifle of doom ^^

Howd I do guys?
You paid money for this rifle in-game? I hope it kicks a lot of ass.

The recreation is good, though. Work on the pistol grip and the bipod, but the rifle looks awesome.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:

Howd I do guys?
You paid money for this rifle in-game? I hope it kicks a lot of ass.

The recreation is good, though. Work on the pistol grip and the bipod, but the rifle looks awesome.
Haha stat wise its great, and it seems to be doing really well, it just "feels" like I do better with one of the low lvl rifles. After I put a silencer on here and dropped the recoil by 10% (game says that happens lol) Then I started liking it ^^

Oddly if you look close, the pistol grip is a little away from the trigger, like it is in mine, which I found rather odd. But the grip isnt shaped right atm, and Ill have to fix that. As for the bipod... yea I just got lazy lol

Edit:
Ok that's as good as its gettin from me :p

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
MaxMees said:
LordMalachi said:

Howd I do guys?
Any variant of the M14 EBR is hella sexy.
Haha good man!

dalek sec said:
RedMenace said:
Because Theres Never Enough DAKKA!
Bloody Orks...
Wow... I just played Dawn of War 2 and understood this now >.< go me lol

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009

Semi-automatic long-range rifle. I'm really proud of this. Thanks to Atvomat_Nikonov for the idea of combining different upper & lower recievers. Any criticisms welcome, I want this to be the best it can be.

Atvomat_Nikonov

Jul 2, 2008
Godavari said:

Semi-automatic long-range rifle. I'm really proud of this. Thanks to Atvomat_Nikonov for the idea of combining different upper & lower recievers. Any criticisms welcome, I want this to be the best it can be.
Glad I inspired someone. My only criticism is the MP5 upper reciever. The ejector port thingy isn't big enough. I'd recommend adding a dust cover(recievers, etc) where the ejector port is.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
Pyromaniac1337 said:
I been busy, making good use out of the colour schemes in the new version:
snip
I'm starting to like the new version, especially the bayonets. Now it just needs all of the old guns and accessories and I can start making C7's and Enforcer's. Also machine guns.
EDIT ;)

Are you all part of the same military RP? And what kind of RP is this that weapons play an important role?

Anyway, they all look pretty good but the second scope on the Dragonov looks ugly and the magazines on most of your guns are ridiculous. Other than that, solid design and they all look cool.

Godavari said:

MP5 + '417 is a nice choice, gives it a compact feel. Liking the rail arrangement you have there, too.

Oh, but your handguard is too big. Just FYI.

Atvomat_Nikonov said:
Simple and elegant. Very nice. Black and white looks wierd on a gun, but you pulled it off, methinks.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
Atvomat_Nikonov said:
Godavari said:

Glad I inspired someone. My only criticism is the MP5 upper reciever. The ejector port thingy isn't big enough. I'd recommend adding a dust cover(recievers, etc) where the ejector port is.

The stock seems a bit too big for the rest of the gun. Perhaps you could scale it down a bit. Otherwise, it's good. Not too little and not too much.

Also, thanks for putting up the image directions. I appreciate it.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
Pyromaniac1337 said:
sooperman said:
Pyromaniac1337 said:
snip
I'm starting to like the new version, especially the bayonets. Now it just needs all of the old guns and accessories and I can start making C7's and Enforcer's. Also machine guns.
EDIT ;)

Are you all part of the same military RP? And what kind of RP is this that weapons play an important role?

Anyway, they all look pretty good but the second scope on the Dragonov looks ugly and the magazines on most of your guns are ridiculous. Other than that, solid design and they all look cool.
No, we aren't all in the same RP. As for the guns, it's a military RP. Dur.

I also told you not to comment on the twin scopes. Also extended mags are fucking cool.
I could have reasoned that it's a military RP, but last time I checked, guns are not characters considering their lack of animation.
But hey, if works, don't fix it.

I suppose extended mags are cool, but some of them are just too far extended. Namely, the AEG. WTF.

And a rifle before I go to bed.

I know it is not nice to look at, but criticize away.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
sooperman said:
Pyromaniac1337 said:
sooperman said:
Pyromaniac1337 said:
snip
EDIT ;)

No, we aren't all in the same RP. As for the guns, it's a military RP. Dur.

I also told you not to comment on the twin scopes. Also extended mags are fucking cool.
I could have reasoned that it's a military RP, but last time I checked, guns are not characters considering their lack of animation.
But hey, if works, don't fix it.

I suppose extended mags are cool, but some of them are just too far extended. Namely, the AEG. WTF.

And a rifle before I go to bed.

I know it is not nice to look at, but criticize away.
I like the magwell pistol grip and the front bits, but the stock is horrible to look at. Try and fix it by making it all one shape.