Play As The Joker In Arkham Asylum PS3

Azeban

Sep 27, 2008
Exclusive games are fine, but exclusive DLC pisses me off sooooo badly. Thankfully, the platform I use (PC) almost always gets the exclusive DLC. Except for GTA IV, but that game was good enough on its own.

Azeban

Sep 27, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Azeban said:
Exclusive games are fine, but exclusive DLC pisses me off sooooo badly. Thankfully, the platform I use (PC) almost always gets the exclusive DLC. Except for GTA IV, but that game was good enough on its own.
You didn't get the challenge rooms.
I got the G.E.C.K.

I win.

Also, may I direct you all here for a fun poll?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.109307

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Azeban said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Azeban said:
You didn't get the challenge rooms.
I got the G.E.C.K.

I win.

Also, may I direct you all here for a fun poll?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.109307
The difference being that you could get all of the DLC for Fallout 3 on the PC, whereas the challenge rooms were exclusive.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Onmi said:
Irridium said:
Onmi said:
scotth266 said:
Onmi said:
Wait.
"DICKS!"
The only two words that I read the first time through your post, due to being high as a kite from adrenaline after I aced a physics test earlier today . I laughed my ass off.

But humourous situations aside, everyone hates exclusive ANYTHING. It's great buisness practice, but it gets hate from all sides.

And I think that the game will have some exclusive content on all sides, like SC4. The only question is, will the reverse content go on sale after the rush for the game has died out? (Hint hint: it will.)
I think it was Hypocritical of Sony to even mouth off that Microsoft bought out Exclusive DLC for Fallout 3 and GTA 4 and seem to be pulling the same move. as I said to Microsoft in the other thread.

Dick move Sony, dick move.
But Fallout 3 and GTA IV were waaaaay more anticipated than Batman: Arkham Asylum, MS knew this and bought up the content, so they may think that this game is not too important.

plus, MS has a shit load of exclusive download deals, this is one of the few Sony has, let them have their moment of happiness.
A dick move is a dick move, it doesn't matter who does it. Also you seem to be assuming the 360 is my main console of choice, it's not, it's the one I turn on during the winter to heat up the room. The PS3 IS my main current gen console of choice (since I use the PS2 more)

However I still think both Microsoft and Sony are dicks for buying up exclusive DLC. Sony are just Hypocrits because they denounced Microsoft for doing it.

So in the 0.0000000000001% chance that it wasn't a deal and the dev's just DECIDED to give the PS3 exclusive DLC Sony don't come off as Hypocrits.

You infact don't seem to get it, you seem to think I'm HAPPY Microsoft has 'exclusive DLC deals' I am not, I think it is shitty to the players who don't have a 360, I do not BELIEVE in Exclusive DLC for multi-platform games.
Maybe Sony finally decided to just say, "Fuck it, lets play ball." If they still make comments about MS's dlc exclusivity in a few months, then I will call them hypocrites.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
The plot thickens...apparently, these challenges will be free to download.
Wait. The maps, the Joker, or both?
Onmi said:
Thats what I figured anyway, yoiu saw everyone saying "oh go baw sony thats buisness" so they went "Fine."
I kind of wonder what the next few years will look like if Sony decides to stick to MS's level on this. Mad dash to get exclusive DLC, how much money will each company be throwing around to compete with the other?

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Arkham Asylum is getting people all hyped up - but somehow I think it may be a disappointment. But hey, at least theres going to be Killing...

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Ashbax said:
Arkham Asylum is getting people all hyped up - but somehow I think it may be a disappointment. But hey, at least theres going to be Killing...
Most games that get over-hyped fail to please when released. I always go for the understated games because they ARE without a doubt the best ones. If you've not heard anything and buy a game nobody has heard of, the results can be pleasing.

I say anybody with a PS2/3 should go out and look for a game called Dark Cloud, if you are in America I will say NOT Dark Cloud 2.

They're both great games, but for the story I much prefer Dark Cloud.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
TheTygerfire said:
Dart378 said:
Hah! Take that Fallout 3 dlc!

Yeah, enjoy challenge mode why I play three whole extra chapters of a great game.
Will you be playing as The Joker?
No, and really that's not a big deal. I'm burnt out on Joker. As awesome as he is not playing as him (if I ever play B:AA) won't make me upset in the least.