Play As The Joker In Arkham Asylum PS3

Vibgyor

Mar 7, 2009
I remind people that there have only been 2 good movie based games ever.

Someone else told me that and i agreed with him but i can no loger remember what they are

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
Keane Ng said:
Either that or people just love wearing "WHY SO SERIOUS" t-shirts everywhere just to piss me off.
Oh, so that's where that's from! (I haven't seen The Dark Knight.)

ButtonedDownParadox

Aug 11, 2008
Vibgyor said:

Someone else told me that and i agreed with him but i can no loger remember what they are
Goldeneye and Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Ashbax said:
Arkham Asylum is getting people all hyped up - but somehow I think it may be a disappointment. But hey, at least theres going to be Killing...
Most games that get over-hyped fail to please when released. I always go for the understated games because they ARE without a doubt the best ones. If you've not heard anything and buy a game nobody has heard of, the results can be pleasing.

I say anybody with a PS2/3 should go out and look for a game called Dark Cloud, if you are in America I will say NOT Dark Cloud 2.

They're both great games, but for the story I much prefer Dark Cloud.
Aw man, I LOVED Dark Cloud, at least the second one because I could never get even half way past it. I power leveled my hammer in Dark Cloud 2 to hell and back. Ahhh, sweet times.

Gaskell

Apr 18, 2009
I think people forget how rubbish the joker actually is a villain, he's not strong, not fast, and doesn't really have any form of special weapon other than poisonous gas
the only thing that made me cool was his tendency to crowbar people within an inch of their lives and then blow them up
FUN
I'm not overly fussed about this

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
PayNSprayBandit said:
samaritan.squirrel said:
What's the point in exclusives?Fanboy-fodder..It should be available for everyone.
I'm a PS3 guy and I totally agree.
Also a ps3 owner who agrees. This almost makes me NOT want to buy the game; just out of spite.
It's kind of an empty threat really, I didn't plan on buying this game anyway. It does however make me wonder; why this sony? Why not something we give a crap about?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Dart378 said:
Hah! Take that Fallout 3 dlc!
Yeah, this is nothing in comparision to the Fallout DLC's...

Saying that though, it's about time the PS3 got some decent content. Some of the exclusives things they've missed out on would have me fuming if I had a PS3.

Video Gone

Feb 7, 2009
Jumplion said:
devildog1170 said:
games are fine, but this is not. i want to play as the joker too! guess ill have to get the ps3 version instead. i want the 360 version so i dont have to sit through long ass updates and have a large party goin on while playin it.
I will agree, exclusive DLC sucks major Bull Testicles, I should know, I got shafted for GTA4 and Fallout 3 DLC for crying out loud! The only real exclusives should be entire games.

But I am in no real position to complain because Microsoft just did business. Albeit, a purely dick one, but "Beezneez is Biuziness." Unless something is going on under the hood, then I see no way anyone else is really in any position to complain as Sony is doing a business move. It'd be hypocritical to say Microsoft is doing business yet Sony are assholes for securing exclusivity on DLC.
Although Sony are hypocritical for ranting about Microsoft getting exclusive DLC and then saying "Hey guys, here's some exclusive DLC for the PS3!"

EDIT:This whole thing seems like a massive flame-bait. In my humble opinion, fanboys are just nerds with no lives trying to make themselves feel important by arguing over whose console is better. I mediate between my friends when they get into platform arguments (The sad gits) and I'll say the same thing here as I say everywhere:Stop baiting fanboy wars,MS and Sony.

Actually,I wonder sometimes if they're doing this on purpose.

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
killer-corkonian said:
Jumplion said:
devildog1170 said:
games are fine, but this is not. i want to play as the joker too! guess ill have to get the ps3 version instead. i want the 360 version so i dont have to sit through long ass updates and have a large party goin on while playin it.
I will agree, exclusive DLC sucks major Bull Testicles, I should know, I got shafted for GTA4 and Fallout 3 DLC for crying out loud! The only real exclusives should be entire games.

But I am in no real position to complain because Microsoft just did business. Albeit, a purely dick one, but "Beezneez is Biuziness." Unless something is going on under the hood, then I see no way anyone else is really in any position to complain as Sony is doing a business move. It'd be hypocritical to say Microsoft is doing business yet Sony are assholes for securing exclusivity on DLC.
Although Sony are hypocritical for ranting about Microsoft getting exclusive DLC and then saying "Hey guys, here's some exclusive DLC for the PS3!"

EDIT:This whole thing seems like a massive flame-bait. In my humble opinion, fanboys are just nerds with no lives trying to make themselves feel important by arguing over whose console is better. I mediate between my friends when they get into platform arguments (The sad gits) and I'll say the same thing here as I say everywhere:Stop baiting fanboy wars,MS and Sony.

Not likely, as I would assume both MS and Sony, in general, don't give two shits what flame wars they incite, so long as they sell consoles. Exclusive DLC is a way to get someone to buy one game over another. I mean, think about it: If you have a ps3 and a 360, and a multi-platform game has exclusive DLC, which one are you going to buy?

That being said, it's still a dick move. As a lot of other people have said, exclusive GAMES should sell a system, not DLC. I mean, I bought my ps3 essentially for disgaea 3; the fact that Fallout had no DLC on the ps3 didn't factor into my purchase at all

Video Gone

Feb 7, 2009
sanzo said:
killer-corkonian said:
Jumplion said:
devildog1170 said:

Not likely, as I would assume both MS and Sony, in general, don't give two shits what flame wars they incite, so long as they sell consoles. Exclusive DLC is a way to get someone to buy one game over another. I mean, think about it: If you have a ps3 and a 360, and a multi-platform game has exclusive DLC, which one are you going to buy?

That being said, it's still a dick move. As a lot of other people have said, exclusive GAMES should sell a system, not DLC. I mean, I bought my ps3 essentially for disgaea 3; the fact that Fallout had no DLC on the ps3 didn't factor into my purchase at all
Indeed.
On an unrelated note,an overly enthusiastic fan would perhaps think that petty arguments such as this would deter more "savvy" types from their conversation.Alas,it seems to have the opposite effect.These squabbles are driving me towards the more serious conversations offered on the escapist,the website that lends itself so well to such discussions with a witty and intelligent user roster (apart from those blasted "fanboys" that is).

ThePeaceFrog

Oct 18, 2008
i can't see playing as the joker as being anygood, what was so great about him as a villain was his anarchic spontaneity and i just can't see it translating to a linear campaign... i spose its a case of wait and see but by the artistic leanings of the game don't hold out much hope, looks like just another generic attempt to cash in on the whole batman craze

ButtonedDownParadox

Aug 11, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
ButtonedDownParadox said:
Vibgyor said:

Goldeneye and Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay?
You're forgetting a fair bit. Ghostbusters II on the Genesis, Scarface: The World is Yours, Godfather II according to our reviewers, Spiderman 2, the Aladdin and Lion King games, Wanted: Weapons of Fate - theres a quite substantial list over at TV trops, which I'm not going to link or everyone reading will lose 3 hours of their life.
I'm not forgetting anything. Just following the guys requirements of "two" and, "good". And I think it'd be fair to say all those games fall more into the decent or flawed range.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Sparrow Tag said:
Dart378 said:
Hah! Take that Fallout 3 dlc!
Yeah, this is nothing in comparision to the Fallout DLC's...

Saying that though, it's about time the PS3 got some decent content. Some of the exclusives things they've missed out on would have me fuming if I had a PS3.
Unless of course you had a PC that ended up getting all of the DLC. The following encourages diversification in the gaming market and the market is better for it in the long run.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
jboking said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
The plot thickens...apparently, these challenges will be free to download.
Wait. The maps, the Joker, or both?
Considering how one is useless without the other....
My bad, I misread. I thought it said there were new maps and the joker character, not that the maps were specifically for the joker.