Player Accidentally Unlocks Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC

LtFerret

Jun 4, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Ah, more Krogan that I can't ever fucking unlock.
I WANT A KROGAN DAMMIT DIUASHNFKAJSLF
Well I want a damn Salarian
I have a Krogan and hes fun and all but I'm more of an engineer guy

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
LtFerret said:
hazabaza1 said:
Guess what class I have everything for except skin tone?
I think Bioware is plotting against us.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
4.99$ for a DLC that adds feature that is already in the game.
Why? Because FCK U!
Sincerely EA.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Atmos Duality said:
The.Bard said:
While I admire your ability to argue semantics, you are still arguing semantics.
EDIT: Upon re-consideration. I see how this would go in circles.

I'm still calling bullshit on anyone using "Entitlement" as a copout argument, since it's ultimately futile, and not helpful in the slightest. Customers have a right to be happy/unhappy with the deals EA (or anyone else) is offering; calling them entitled for saying why they reject those offers is in itself childish and blatant trolling.

The whole topic has lead to a lot of disrespectful name-calling, as is the wont of the Internet.

I posit again that if they hate such things, they should just reject doing business with such models to begin with, lest they encourage and enable them. If you buy the DLC, expect more of future games to become DLC.
I see what you're talking about. I think you're giving more benefit of the doubt to people than I do. Where you're seeing people rejecting the DLC and explaining why, I'm not seeing people rejecting the DLC, so much as insisting they should get it for $0. This not-so-subtle difference seems to be where our opinions veer off.

The initial responses (and I'm generalizing terribly here, but it's pretty close to what I've seen on these forums) are those who say "There is optional content I can pay more money for? It is not enough for me to ignore it and vote with my wallet; I must call everyone who buys it brainwashed and demand I get it for free, because I heard it is part of the original game, and therefore it must be."

The reaction to this being, "Stop acting like you're entitled to the content; buy it or don't."

For my part, at least, I do not intend the use of the word "entitlement" as a pejorative, although you rightly point out how it can be one. To me, I'm simply labeling the behavior in the hopes that the behavee will understand Bioware doesn't owe them that content in any way shape or form. I suppose it would be more helpful to the situation to take a nicer tact, but since we're talking about this on a technical level, I still posit the use of the term to be correct.

I liken it to calling someone "cheap" for leaving a 2% tip for a waitress. Not because her service was bad, but so that the meal would cost less. Is labeling that person cheap somewhat of an insult? Yea, I suppose so. But it's an accurate label because that person was actively engaging in the behavior of being cheap. COULD one use a better term? "Oh, you're a careful spender, my friend." Sure. But that doesn't invalidate the accuracy of that initial term.

I'm guessing this is where we agree to disagree. Ultimately, I would give a nod to you that there are better ways to reply to this situation than to just call people entitled and be done with it. It does inherently bring some baggage with it. But I'm still sticking to my guns that it is (mostly) what is happening in these forums.

It is a pleasure having a meeting of wits. You are a far wiser and more agreeable chap than many I've met on this wild and crazy internet. I salute you.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
There seems to be a general assumption that this screenshot is legit, has it been confirmed as authentic?

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Two Asari Vanguards? Hold on, did you write that wrong? Wrex was a Krogan Battlemaster and he was a Vanguard, and Samara was an Adept. Is it really backwards of that or a typo?

Atary77

Feb 27, 2008
I'll believe it when someone of actual authority like Bioware or EA confirm it. Until then I call shenanigans. It'd be cool to have a Geth as a playable character but a Batarian? No thank you. Batarians are ugly hateful bastards. They should just be a new enemy type.

I'd much rather have a playable Hannar then I could cal him Blasto!

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
The.Bard said:
The reaction to this being, "Stop acting like you're entitled to the content; buy it or don't."
That's the point of division, yes.
Because a lot of the arguments are going "Stop acting entitled to the content; just shut up and accept it." even when it's the consumer's role, in part to question the direction of the market they participate in.

Of course, that assumes they're doing so rationally, and that was my mistake in assuming so.

It is a pleasure having a meeting of wits. You are a far wiser and more agreeable chap than many I've met on this wild and crazy internet. I salute you.
Well, I'm glad at least someone is remaining rational about this whole debacle.
Thanks for being civil about it.
Good day to you.

Ironlungz949

Mar 14, 2012
KROGAN BATTLEMASTER?!?!?! If the krogan soldier wasn't enough of a melee God!! & Merriam sentinel a tank god.....now the battlemaster!!!! People may argue that krogan are slow and not ideal for gold matches....but drizzle its not the character...its the player controlling the character. I have no problem with my krogan sentinel lvl 20, best team support out there.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
blackrave said:
4.99$ for a DLC that adds feature that is already in the game.
Why? Because FCK U!
Sincerely EA.
Except this isn't already in the game. Did you just read the title and post based on that? These apparently came from a "Developer server". Meaning it's something still in development.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Fappy said:
A lot of people don't think it's legit. Personally I am hopeful. I love the idea of playing any of those classes. Count me as one of the few Batarian fans. Need more MP stuff so I don't need to think about ending XP
Another Batarian fan?... I'm tempted to make an Escapist Group now...

On topic, as I've said on a few other threads, I REALLY hope this is true. I have been banging the drum for Batarians in multiplayer since the announcement of the character races and classes so I really hope it's true. Though, they really should have made the Adept a Volus. That way we could be Biotic Gods.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
LtFerret said:
hazabaza1 said:
I unlocked a Salarian Engineer in my Starter Pack. My response?

THIS IS THE BEST CLASS EVER!

It's the one I've had the most fun with so far, including my time in the demo. Energy Drain + Incinerate is a brilliant combo, and while Decoy really isn't anything special, you only really need to put one level into it and it's decent enough. You really only want to carry a single heavy pistol though like the Phalanx because you can get your power recharge times down to about 2.5 seconds.

Hope you unlock it soon!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
If it's real, of course it will cost money. This is Bioware, not Relic.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Fapmaster5000 said:
erttheking said:
I'm just trying to figure out how having a Geth on your side is supposed to make sense while fighting the synthetic bastards.
SPOILERS!

Because in a perfect play-through, you can get both the Quarians and the Geth for the final battles. This is why they would be in multiplayer (and why there's RAGE over the "synthetics v. organics" theme of the ending - it can be disproved in a paragon run, and now, apparently, in multiplayer).

Of course, Geth do not intentionally infiltrate, so...
That was kind of the point, though. Shepard is the only reason that the Geth and the Alliance/Quarians achieved peace, if they did. You can (And I did) end up having the Geth wipe out the Quarians. (And the Reapers never claimed that the Geth were the synthetics that were going to destroy the organics; pretty much every AI that we've seen in the game has gone insane and tried to kill people. EDI when she was first created, that one AI in ME1, and Project Overlord...and people think it's a good idea to keep building more of them.)

OT: I would pay all my money to be able to play as a Geth Infiltrator. ALL MY MONEY.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
As I said before, this aspect of things is likely to be a hoax, and since it's been connected to "The Truth" DLC pack which was a "rumor" I also suspect that it means the whole thing is not going to happen.

See, from where I'm sitting the guy who concocted this doesn't seem to have done their homework. As I pointed out before the Asari Vanguard's class skill is "Justicar" already, defining the Vanguard as a Justicar. Having a seperate Vanguard unlock that says "Justicar" somewhere seems bloody stupid and redundant to be honest.

I mean in theory they could rename the Asari Vanguard's class training skill something else and make the Justicar another varient with an Asari graphic and some tweaked skills, but that doesn't seem likely because if they planned that why would they have already defined the Vanguare as a Justicar if they planned ahead (with content apparently on the disc) to have an entirely seperate build/subclass for it?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see all of this, especially the "The Truth" content to fix the ending, but then again when I was younger I really wanted to find that way to resurrect Aeris in "Final Fantasy VII" too and that was a hoax that took off due to wishful thinking among fans.... I first heard about these unlocks as being part of that "free" DLC coming right around the corner.

Granted this is based on observations of the Asari alone, but what I'm noticing doesn't seem to be only a little inconsistincy with what's being said here.

Those cards also seem to be offering a heck of a lot more exps for the class than I've seen, I think your typical unlock card only grants 12,500 exps, or at least that was the case with my Asari Vanguard and Turian Soldier when I unlocked them.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Therumancer said:
Those cards also seem to be offering a heck of a lot more exps for the class than I've seen, I think your typical unlock card only grants 12,500 exps, or at least that was the case with my Asari Vanguard and Turian Soldier when I unlocked them.
Rare character cards give 100,000.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Jennacide said:
Dear Bioware,

if you charge for this, you are assholes. If this doesn't come with more maps, you are assholes. If you haven't even considered adding more enemy types, you are giant assholes.

And most importantly, if you do the typical Bioware thing and don't intend to patch/rebalance the multiplayer, you need to be ruined. Seriously, the MP is still a buggy mess, with people constantly falling through the world, enemies going immune to damage, skills not firing when clicked on (especially with Biotic Charge, getting Vanguards killed), horrible difficulty scaling from bronze to silver to gold, assault rifles being almost uniformly garbage when compared to heavy pistols, and the soldier class being nearly worthless. Seriously, AR without the time dilation (I realize it had to go for MP) it so beyond shit, especially when you compare it to how stupidly overpowered Energy Drain, Stasis, Sabotage, and Cluster Grenades are.
Yeah, how dare BioWare charge money for extra work they did! Its totally unreasonable to ask that a company seeks higher sales and profits for themselves and shareholders!

You do know they run a business, right? As a business, they have one priority: make money. They don't have to keep you happy about it, they just have to rake in money. Thats not some giant EA thing, its how every successful business in the history of businesses works. Post launch, you are entitled to what you purchased - nothing more. If BioWare decides to offer you things for free, good for them. They win some brownie points.

I don't know why the collective fanbase for ME3 feels so entitled, but you're not. Just because they put the data for a side character they were planning to develop for doesn't mean you are entitled to it. It means they planned their DLC, and knew that would help it. You aren't entitled to new characters, items, perks, enemies, or maps - and you certainly aren't entitled to have them for free.

They have your money, you deserve nothing more. I agree, Multiplayer balance would be nice - but it was a different team then their core ME team that worked on the multiplayer. Chances are, they're already working on a new project - so don't hold your breath on all the tweaks you want for it.