PlayStation 4 Video Reveal: Come See The Elephant

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
PlayStation 4 Video Reveal: Come See The Elephant

All 39 seconds of it.

Many things have been said about the PlayStation 4 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123959-Rumor-Mysterious-PS4-Reveal-Video-Emerges-UPDATE], and many things teased, but few reveals have been more exiting than these 39 seconds of pure wonder! Ladies and gentlemen, what I have here before you is not for the tender hearts, nor the weak of spirit! Only watch this if you're the soul of daring, hardened in mind and body, veteran of many a shock and shatter! Afterwards, feel free to have a cup of tea.

Now that you've seen the elephant [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seeing_the_elephant], remember that teasers aren't necessarily the most revealing of creatures. "Make sure you are the first to see it first," as the YouTube blurb puts it, but if you want to be that lucky you'll need to get to E3.

Black, no sugar, thank you; some honey, if you have it.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Yay, it's a black/dark gray box with shiny gray bits on it... I really wish modern consoles would come in more colors then dark gray/black and white, like they did in the N64/Gamecube days. Even the WiiU is guilty of only being Black and White! I want colors!

Sean Kay

Jul 4, 2011
Yay! It's an out of focus square!
Still hyped, but this kind of bullshit teaser is really disappointing to me. If I wanted to look at an out of focus console I'd squint at my PS3
Hopefully they'll announce the price at E3, that's what will make or break my decision to buy or not

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
I preferred the Tron light show of the fan made video honestly. We're in the year 2013. I want to feel like I'm actually in the future instead of just polishing the same turd after 15 years.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Capitano Segnaposto said:
cwmdulais said:
why are Sony trying so hard to make themselves look retarded?
How does this make them look "retarded"?
While I wouldn't use that word to describe this, it did make my eyes roll so hard they almost ended up scattering across my desk. This video is almost a self parody of the worst kinds of hype. It's an add that spends 30 seconds telling me nothing about anything and then giving me a date. Your mileage may vary, but I found it to be rather awful myself.

Matthi205

Mar 8, 2012
Can somebody who is good with an image program like Photoshop or G.I.M.P. please put this mess together into something that makes sense? (And sharpen it, too - that blur filter is heavy on the eyes).

This was a pain in the eyes to watch, and it told me nothing. Not even the shape of the power button. It's just a series of badly cut views of the console with a blur filter on top. As if Sony said to themselves: "Everybody is doing this very stupid stuff now, we want do that too!". And so they did.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Mr.Mattress said:
Yay, it's a black/dark gray box with shiny gray bits on it... I really wish modern consoles would come in more colors then dark gray/black and white, like they did in the N64/Gamecube days. Even the WiiU is guilty of only being Black and White! I want colors!
They apparently don't sell that well in the West.

cwmdulais said:
why are Sony trying so hard to make themselves look retarded?
Honestly? I don't think they're trying.

dragongit said:
I preferred the Tron light show of the fan made video honestly. We're in the year 2013. I want to feel like I'm actually in the future instead of just polishing the same turd after 15 years.
And really, was this supposed to pique our interest? It looks...boring. Bland. Banal. Banana. So sue me, I was running out of "B" words.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
They've got me hook line and sinker now...
It's pure advertising peaking my curiosity.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Because the most important thing about a piece of computer hardware is the colour of the plastic around the controller jack.

Tradjus

Apr 25, 2011
Oh woowwwww it's.. another black box.
Seriously, why were people complaining about not getting too see what this thing looked like?
We knew what it was going too look like, it wasn't going too be a purple rhombus, it wasn't going too be a yellow quadrilateral, it wasn't going too be a red triangle.. it was -always- going too be a black box.

Justin Smith

May 13, 2010
Are they going to have a big release where they just show us what the console looks like?!
This is stupid. This made me somehow less interested in it.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
It has vents! And is black!

To be honest it may as well been a ps2 in the video for all the use this reveal is. Just show the damn thing Sony, let people make jokes on its appearance if they feel like and then we can all move past what the black box looks like and start talking about the games.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
My computer is more colourful than that thing. And has pretty optional neon lights.

Also I can't see what it looks like so that's just... the most pointless thing I've viewed today...

And my research for drawing today was looking at car parts... I've been feasting on boring.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
"It seems to run on some sort of electricity!"

But yeah, it's a black box. Big friggin woop.

Fan-made Tron console was better in my opinion.