PlayStation 4 Video Reveal: Come See The Elephant

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
It seems like publishers think there is something to get hyped up about with their consoles when there isn't. They are going to be boxlike, have either a slim loading DVD player or a standard one with a tray that pops out, a power and reset button, and a controller. They will have a logo on them and their likely will be stylized lines running along some part of the casing. The specifications of the consoles was the most exciting thing about them.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
They shy away from real details, and give us a ton of marketing suspense? Methinks somebody at Sony isn't overly confident in their product.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
*monotone* Wow...its a blurry black box...what a wonder in amazing new technology is this...my heart be still.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I present to you, the new PS4.

It's black, has vents, it's shiny, and it's got a uniform rectangular design, with just enough curves to be sexy! Where do you plug in the controller you ask? Why, the cigarette lighter of course!

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
Hooray. We have press releases for teasers that promise a trailer for the official announcement. Don't you just love marketing these days?

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
It's gonna be another ugly as fuck hunk of obsidian that tries (And fails) to look sleek, isn't it?

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Not G. Ivingname said:
*Squints at the box*

So it's black and has vents...

MY MIND IS BLOWN! D:
Ya I dunno what Sony think they are doing. No one really cares all that much how the PS4 is shaped. So why be so mysterious about it. It's kinda embarrassing and ended up with them just showing off a controller for so long.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:
Yay, it's a black/dark gray box with shiny gray bits on it... I really wish modern consoles would come in more colors then dark gray/black and white, like they did in the N64/Gamecube days. Even the WiiU is guilty of only being Black and White! I want colors!
Part of it's because ever since the PS2, consoles have been home theater components as much as they have been game devices. As someone who got bitten by the home theater bug at the tender age of 12 and has been upgrading ever since, bright colors are the bane of my existence. Especially those awful silver colored plastic ones from the early 2000's. Brushed steel and aluminum look nice, I like those old boxes from the 50's and 60's. Painted plastic, not so much.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
oh for the love of fuck just show us what the console looks like clearly. Who didn't know it was going to be something black and somewhat resembling a box and who the fuck is getting hyped for E3 because they'll find out then?

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Capitano Segnaposto said:
cwmdulais said:
why are Sony trying so hard to make themselves look retarded?
How does this make them look "retarded"?
Well, I wouldn't personally call them retarded, as making fun of people with learning disabilities is pretty much the cheapest and most mean-spirited of shots, but...Yeah, this teaser was stupid as hell. It's like a PARODY of Sony. Obviously we all know it's going to be big, black box with some configuration of the symbols "P" "S" and "4" somewhere on it. The fact that they're building this up as some kind of fucking revelation when it's really the same thing they've been doing for literally decades....Well, it makes them look pretty silly.

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012

As said in this video: Don't worry, it's just gonna be a black box.

Weee, more info in a parody video, than in an actual announcement thingy.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Well, all I saw was a blurred black square.

We actually don't know what the size or length of this thing is... it could be as big as a train. D:

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
And really, was this supposed to pique our interest? It looks...boring. Bland. Banal. Banana. So sue me, I was running out of "B" words.
What about "banilla"?

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
So that was... Underwhelming.

Thanks, Sony. You've really reassured me that we're getting a quality console right here.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
So the reveal is a blurry chaotic spam of millisecond images with no other object to establish scale context?

What the point? This does nothing to help see what the hell it looks like.

Lame.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Needs more dubstep and lensflares.

Who cares what this thing looks like? They even said it themselves, "who cares what the device looks like" but now they're doing a special reveal for the looks? Looks like they care.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Scrumpmonkey said:
"39 seconds of pure wonder" is my special move in the bedroom XD
Ah yes, followed by the 2 minutes of inconsolable sobbing. Definitely A-game material.