Please, Recommend Some Metal!

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
All of Moonsorrows discography. The only thing it breaks in your examples is that the lyrics are in Finnish. Bal-Sagoth might also be your taste if you like Lovecraftian horror made into music.

Won't post any links because I'm too lazy and if OP truly wants to check them out then he can just google them.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
DanielBrown said:
Posers. Posers everywhere.
Listen to Overkill, now!

Elimination? Fuck that shit, Evil Never Dies is where the real shit is at. Who am I kidding, that entire album is a fucking masterpiece.

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
Seven Stitches
http://www.myspace.com/sevenstitchespt

Hometown band, and they are AWESOME!

Shivarage

Apr 9, 2010
You could get some iron, stainless steel is good as well... even magnesium since it flashes really bright when you burn it

Stibbs

Jul 28, 2011
Tanksie said:
READ THIS OP.

and a little softer and newer

No No, what you mean to say is More 70's, and channeling the powers of Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd =D

theseworlds

Oct 26, 2009
The Human Abstract is amazing! (except their second album, that absolutely sucked!) Their first album is undoubtedly metal, but most songs have such a rocky, uplifting feel to them that it's a little hard to define. Their third is much more technical and progressive, I feel.

Sylosis is always good. Thrashy with lots of melody too. Both their albums are great.

I've recently been taken by Volumes. They just released an album called "Via" which is quite good. A bit of djent metal.

And then there's Periphery, which is also Djent. This is their softest song, bit more rocky and mellow, but it's so nice I find myself listening to it over and over.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
...Some people are really stretching the definition of 'metal'. I mean I love the Dropkick Murphys, but they're a celtic punk band.

Protest The Hero are fucking awesome.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Shivarage said:
You could get some iron, stainless steel is good as well... even magnesium since it flashes really bright when you burn it
You know there's iron in stainless steel, right?

lol

I notice yet again that i'm far worse at labeling genres than i would imagine.