Please, Recommend Some Metal!

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
The lack of Devy in this thread is upsetting.

Ahhh... so much better.

Anyway, looking for metal? Well, I posted Devin, so my absolute favourite is out of the way but here's some other randomness you might enjoy ranging from Scandinavian folk metal to Japanese nu metal:

Watch that last one all the way through.
They're known for making fake PVs where they rip on popular bands. :p

Let me know if you want more stuff like that :D

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
For me at this point in time all i can say is:
Down, Down, dOwn, DOwn, DOWN, dOWn, Down, DOwN, Down, DOWN!

But bands i recently bought: FFDP (American capitalist), Machine Head (unto the locust), Mastodon (The Hunter), Trivium (In Waves), Inflames (sound of a playground fading) & Ghost (who live are good, but on album quite boring i think).

Dark Harbinger

Apr 8, 2011
And not a single mention of 'BMTH'

Ahhh, life is good.

For those who reccommended Amon Amarth, I have not been disappointed, thank you all!

EDIT: Dear god...Behemoth's Slaves shall serve video just made my head explode...I need moar!

Zay-el

Apr 4, 2011
Lemme see...I personally am most into Power Metal, so don't be surprised if the majority of my suggestions are from that field.

Blind Guardian: I know you're already gotten a few suggestions of it, but this one song, THIS ONE SONG must really be shared. You can hear it in Sacred 2 after completing a particular sidequest and it was initially stated that they'd never release it...fortunately they DID and managed to make it even more friggin' awesome than ever before.
Charlemagne: Okay, this I gotta clarify. Much rather very, VERY light symphonic metal, but you'll want to get this album. YOU WANT IT, trust me. The lead singer is CHRISTOPHER F-ING LEE and I'll leave it at that.
Freedom Call: Tell me this song doesn't rile you up. I mean, come on, it has just about everything you'd ever want and the lyrics are so uplifting you just can't go by without getting a rush of adrenaline.
And for something a little different, I'll give you an example of what I can only describe as sci-fi metal. Dragonland stumbled around with their first album, then found a space shuttle for their other two and took off from that point onwards.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
As I Lay Dying makes everything better:

So does Born Of Osiris:

Also you can't go wrong with some Winds of fuckin' Plague!

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
Just a few that I really LOVE.

Oh, sleeper. Melodich Christian Metal Core. Don't worry, it's not GOD GOD GOD. They use very clever lyrics to bring across tales of epic win.

Dream Evil. Swedish Power Metal. Need I say more?

Synek

Mar 31, 2009
Allright then,here have a mixed bag of metal :
Abacorn - Fade away
Amaranthe - Hunger
Corroded - Time and again
five finger death punch - No one gets behind
In flames - The quit place
Tool - Schism
Kamelot - March of Mephisto
Sabaton - Attero dominatus
Sirenia - The path to decay
Suidikra - Evoke the demon

imperialreign

Mar 23, 2010
These boys kick some serious ass, and put on a damn good show, too:

. . . and prepare for more industrial metal:

vidirg

Sep 23, 2009
I don't listen to much metal but there is one I love, Skálmöld, it's viking metal.

Murahk

Jul 18, 2011
I definitely second anyone that has suggested any kind of Folk Metal!
Eluveitie is fantastic! Give them a try.

Stibbs

Jul 28, 2011
I saw some Rhapsody (of Fire), but I see no Luca Turilli.

Just for the record, The Black Dahlia Murder's members aren't satanists. They just play one on tv.

First song from Protest the Heroes first album.

Superior to all other female Vocalists.

This breaks the foreign tongue policy, but it's the best policy to break!

This is what happens when High School English Teachers start metal bands. It fucking rules.

Just a bit of the local flavor from Sacramento.

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
gold, silver, platinum, mercury, uranium, aluminum, sodium and calcium........

Oh wait......

I do like Northern Kings. A scandinavian metalband made up from members of nightwise, sonata artica etc that covers old pop songs. Was very fun to hear classics in metal form.

White Wizzard is pretty fun too, if you can look past the cheesyness.

If you want classic metal I recommend the Scorpions.

Tyrannical

Oct 29, 2011
Well, Skyforge Steel is pretty good, plus it levels with... oh wait... right... metal metal... Powerglove. Definetely. My favorite is the nightmare before Halloween.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009

Taham

Mar 31, 2011
Iron Maiden- I personally think Bruce Dickinson is their best singer, but opinion is divided. Fear of the Dark, Number of the Beast, A Matter of Life and Death,Brave New World, The Final Frontier... the list of excellent albums and songs goes on... but listen to Dickinson, 'cause he is awesome (as is the rest of the band). Saw them at the 02 in London, playing favourites and Final Frontier album songs. Best concert in my life. Sorry if this thread dragged on a bit...