Please welcome your newest moderator, Lilani!

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
There is some straight hostility in this thread.

How's that day one? I hope it gets better.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
G.O.A.T. said:
Please look at my warnings in this thread and tell me where exactly I insulted the person and not his ideas.
Uh... I'm not a moderator, but that's not exactly difficult.

There are three sentences in the first moderated post of yours in that link. The first sentence discusses your target's post content; that's fine. The second sentence is an attack on the person rather than his ideas; you are impugning his motive. The third sentence is literally talking about his feelings in a nasty way.

Your second moderated post opens with an attack on the personal motivations of your target, then follows it up with implying he's a four letter word.

Not sure why you're even asking such an obvious question.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
crimson5pheonix said:

Yeah we're only on page 2 and the comments are already giving me a headache.

InvisibleJim's post made 2/3 of my cats cry. This community's just straight-up depressing these days :/

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
G.O.A.T. said:
Sassafrass said:
I tend to ignore pretty much the majority of posts nowadays.
Apart from yours, of course.
A man of good taste. I'll try to get a hold of you this weekend mate.
Well, you taught me what true "good taste" was, good sir. And I'm down with that, should be around most of the weekend. Hope to catch ya then.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
crimson5pheonix said:

This was to be expected when there is such a divisive issue blasting through the community. I believe that it is possible to divorce one's personal beliefs from official actions, and if Lilani says that's what will happen, I'm content until evidence proves otherwise.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Scars Unseen said:
crimson5pheonix said:

This was to be expected when there is such a divisive issue blasting through the community. I believe that it is possible to divorce one's personal beliefs from official actions, and if Lilani says that's what will happen, I'm content until evidence proves otherwise.
That's what I'm waiting on. Definitely didn't need the ironic juxtaposition of recent events in GID with the behavior in this thread.

Oct 2, 2012
Good luck, Lilani! [sub][sub]You'll need it[/sub][/sub]
We've never interacted but your posts have always been a joy to read! I feel confident that you will be able to keep your opinions on certain subjects and posters separate from your professional duties.
The mod team has another great addition!
*salutes*

Bizzaro Stormy

Oct 19, 2011
Hmmm the job of determining who has stepped across the line is now yours. I cannot say I envy you that position but someone has to do it. Good luck!

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
... I'm going to reserve judgement on this till I have more data. Until then, good luck.

However, the data that I have regarding the character and tendencies of the new moderator are... troubling at best.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
Happy to be one of the first to hear about it outside of other mods and staff. Now what will that custom title be...

InvisibleJim said:
Why would I ever welcome a moderator who is openly part of a campaign which advocates for the bullying and harassment of gamers?
G.O.A.T. said:
Sassafrass said:
Welcome.
Don't fuck it up.
Have you read the thread? This was fucked before Lilani even showed up!
This is beyond true. She didn't even need to say that she wasn't unbiased towards certain aspects to get shit on, I'd imagine she'd have gotten this kind of treatment regardless. Fingers crossed this thread isn't linked elsewhere online?

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
Well, this seems like it is asking for trouble. As The Lunatic said, this seems like it will add more fuel to the fire with concern about forum moderation.

So, good luck with all of that. Not sure I fully understand the value of adding a new mod who by their own admission wont address probably the part of the site in greatest need of it in the ongoing gamergate battlefields but maybe that allows other mods opportunity to or something? I don't know, just seems like it will cause more stress and drama for little gain when there was already a lot of grumbling about moderation issues to begin with. Seems like a lot of a headache to me.

But whatever, good luck, hope you hold true to your efforts to remain neutral.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Corey Schaff said:
crimson5pheonix said:

This is pretty much par for the course when it comes to new things on the Escapist; there seems to be a ganglike "beat in" initiation ritual or something, just check out the comment histories on Aaron Williams' stuff here.
We all have to take our lumps.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
InvisibleJim said:
Why would I ever welcome a moderator who is openly part of a campaign which advocates for the bullying and harassment of gamers?
Right, care to show some examples of Lilani supporting the harassment of gamers?

I look forward to when we stop treating everything as us vs them.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I'm not terribly surprised with this choice in modding. Congrats, I know you'll be balanced and even tempered as ever irregardless of your personal opinion. I have never seen you be baited into an argument despite some of the quotes I've seen you deal with.