Please welcome your newest moderator, Lilani!

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
I'll only say a few more things:

To @Lilani: Why the did you take the job?

Also, guessing you'll be the resident necro thread locker too, considering how often I've seen you do that sort of thing before mods actually lock it.

As for not taking action because of possible bias, it's actually not that big of a deal as far as I can see. Mods and former mods have admitted that they won't lock threads/ban posts they recently participated in if it's a heavy topic and I'd assume most wouldn't ban responses to them when quoted by a user that might have frustrated them. Sometimes the best course of action someone can make is the decision not to take action.

TDA WP

Sep 24, 2014
Okay, Lilani, I have a very important question to ask you and I expect you to answer as honestly as possible. Your ability to have a pleasant and welcoming experience as a moderator may very well ride on whether you can answer this question to the full satisfaction of the forum community. Here it goes . . . do you like pineapple on your pizza?

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
*sigh* People, can we please not turn this into a #GG argument or an argument of moderation? PMs do exist if you wish to debate away and also not derail a thread. I have full faith that Lilani will be unbiased in her moderation.

Now, for complaints on moderation or complaints on Lilani becoming a moderator. You can contact [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contact/] the site and send in your complaints there. The Escapist has a rather small staff, chances are they have a lot on their plates. So have some patience. In addition it is the weekend, which to the extend of my knowledge, they have off.

Edit:

@Skatologist: A quick Google search has shown nothing. Let's hope it stays that way. We don't need another person having to completely erase any trail of themselves online just to exist on the internet.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
MarsAtlas said:
Elfgore said:
Now, for complaints on moderation or complaints on Lilani becoming a moderator. You can contact [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contact/] the site and send in your complaints there.
I have a complaint. I miss her Beauty and the Beast avatar. Why can't she have both? ;_;
Hm, I could make this avatar-sized...

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
Good luck to you Lilani, you''re going to need it, keep a level head and you should be fine. :)

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
MarsAtlas said:
Elfgore said:
Now, for complaints on moderation or complaints on Lilani becoming a moderator. You can contact [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contact/] the site and send in your complaints there.
I have a complaint. I miss her Beauty and the Beast avatar. Why can't she have both? ;_;
I agree with this post completely. I barely noticed her after she changed avatars. You hear that Lilani?! We want Belle back!!!!

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
Grats Lilani! Hope you don't have to wield the hammer often, and strike true when you do. It'll definitely be a loss for R&P if you post less as a result of taking the mod position, but do what you gotta do to keep things balanced for yourself.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Lilani said:
MarsAtlas said:
Elfgore said:
Hm, I could make this avatar-sized...

SMASHING!

But the real question is, what will your title be?

NoeL

May 14, 2011
InvisibleJim said:
Why would I ever welcome a moderator who is openly part of a campaign which advocates for the bullying and harassment of gamers?
Oh for fuck's sake... did you learn nothing from your bans? EDIT: I guess not! Glad to see him gone for good this time.

OT: Good luck Lilani! I hope you can keep the emotion at bay and remain as impartial as possible - I know I'd struggle a bit with some of the guys here.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
Lilani confirmed for being the new Thor. You can't argue with that, its canon. Now I want a ten page essay about all the implications of Lilani being the current Thor has on in-universe continuity.
I can't write that essay, I'm too busy being ridiculously angry at the fact that Thor is or could be a woman.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Solaire of Astora said:
MarsAtlas said:
Lilani confirmed for being the new Thor. You can't argue with that, its canon. Now I want a ten page essay about all the implications of Lilani being the current Thor has on in-universe continuity.
I can't write that essay, I'm too busy being ridiculously angry at the fact that Thor is or could be a woman.
The Mighty Thorina? Mo' like the Mjölnir Monologues amirite?

Sep 14, 2009
congrats! definitely couldn't pick a better person on the escapist, cream of the crop!

also on the discussion of your avatar:

[footnote]although it should say "more belle!"[/footnote]

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
crimson5pheonix said:
The Mighty Thorina? Mo' like the Mjölnir Monologues amirite?

Nice one, m8!

Also, I figured since I'm actually on my laptop after being stuck on my phone all day, I'd get a proper reaction video in here.

Yes, that is rather accurate, I believe.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Wow, gratz Lilani. Best of luck with keeping ruffians such as myself in line.
Aw, I kid, you'll do great.