Points where you've disagreed with Yahtzee

Chaosut

Apr 8, 2009
Alot of people probably nod their heads in agreement 95% of the time when you watch a review by Yahtzee, and alot of you probably also disagree 95% of the time. For me, he seems to be able to hit the nail on the head pretty well. So have there ever been points where you've disagreed with him and what are they.
My only one that i can think of is Mirror's Edge. Yes, the singleplayer was short and the story was all style and no substance, however by no means did i think it was a bad game, in fact i thought it was quite good. The controls i particularly liked because they were simple and effective. It deserves points just for managing to pull off a first-pereson parkour game. Mirros's Edge is far from perfect (and probably not worth the full $100, which i sadly paid, sadly because i'm a cheap arse), but i still thought it was a fun game.
Also i disagree that adventure games are dead, though this is only because i want to put me head in the sand, lol.

Cortheya

Elite Member
Jan 10, 2009
He's a critic of course a lot of people will have different opinions than him on A LOT of things but for specific examples, I love Halo and Oblivion

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
I wonder when people will stop making the same yathzee threads over and over. And when they will realise the site is so much more than yatzhee. And does in no way need yatzhee to be good (although, admittedly he was the one who brought me here).

Yes. We all do. Of course we do. First off, he's a critic. Secondly, he pulls out almost only crap about games, because negativity sells. Every person is bound to disagree with him on at least one point. Preferbly between 10-50 points

Aanorith

Mar 17, 2009
I don't think anyone can say they have never disagreed with Yahtzee with a strait face.
He usually presents some valid points of complaint but I have never fallen off my chair in chock if that's what your asking.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
needausername said:
With almost everything he says...
Same, although his reviews are usually very funny I disagree with almost all his points on the games I have played.

I mean Christ, the commander in Halo is not a 12 year old girl. It's just funnier if he says she is.

Throwing your controller down some stairs will not win you a game of Super Smash Brothers, it'll just break your controller, but it's a funny point on how button mashing can mean more than any skill at a game.

See my point yet?

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Hmmm I see him as a humour kind of reviewer, I often can disagree and thats fine I also (about 70% of the time) agree with him, I dont agree how he hates JRPG's but someone doesnt like JRPG's what else is new?

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Yahtzee is just a reviewer voicing his own opinion. Has no influence over my opinion. I generally agree with most everything he says, but most of his complaints are not game-breakers. Just minor annoyances he's stretched beyond reasoning.

But I don't watch NP for the review, though I do consider his 'opinion' as I do everyone else's when making a new game selection. I watch NP because I find Yahtzee extremely amusing/ funny.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
He's hilarious, and if he truly enjoys a game, its probably a good'n, but other than that he's just a gaming comedian to me

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Many things.
He's just got different tastes than I do, like most everyone else in the world. I heartilly enjoy quality JRPGs and fighters, and my sole next-gen system is the Wii- PS3 is likely the better choice for hardcore gamers, but between work and school I don't have the time to be one these days. Wish I was 15 again...
That said I share his issues with Halo's rampant popularity, other game's obsession with gore and titties his lovely wife and business partner, and Quicktime Events.

Funny story- I once read an issue of Computer Gaming World magazine where they eviscerate Yahtzee's primary gaming gem, Silent Hill 2, giving it one-and-a-half stars. And they're not even picky raters except for Robert Coffee! Maybe the PC version is drastically different from the regular version but I doubt it. They also trashed Silent Hills 3 and 4 later on.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
Yeah, i disagree with many (perhaps even most) of his reviews.

Esoecially The witcher. A wonderful game.

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
Most Everything is subjective. He has a right to his opinion, though I may disagree, and I might even find him to be truly, flat out wrong, on occasions. He is very funny to listen to, though.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
in his Star Wars: Force Unleashed review he said that the remote movements to use the lightsaber didn't work properly but when i played it the movements worked perfectly. there was the odd time it didn't work but even with buttons there are times when you don't press it hard enough and it doesn't work so i can't fault it for that. the vast majority of the time when i wanted to something, it did.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Yeah, I disagree with him on nearly all of his reviews, at least to a certain degree. There's always a bit of truth in what he says but it's generally wildly exagerated, I don't really watch his reviews for a fair opinion on a game, I watch for entertainment.