Pokemon Black and White: Who's your favorite Pokemon so far?

pumuckl

Feb 20, 2010
UnmotivatedSlacker said:
El Poncho said:
Whimsicott is my favourite;D

LOOK AT THE AFRO, LOOK AT IT
You can that a fro? THIS is a fro
that is the greatest thing i've ever seen o_O how has no one else pointed out he has a friggin monocle?

headphonegirl

The Troll under the bridge
Oct 19, 2009
Darumaka

When He evolved
I thought i'd swap him for another member, but hes become an irreplaceable member of my party.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Sonic Doctor said:
I find your lack of a flier disturbing. As you said you have a thing for Psychic types. I recommend Sigilyph. It is Psychic/Flying, so it will fill both your needs in that department. I know each one will be different but mine has very well-rounded stats and it has the ability Magic Guard which makes it so it only takes damage from attacks, so it can't be hurt if it is poisoned or take damage from hail or sandstorm.

Now I have never run a straight normal type in any of my teams in any game leading up to the Elite Four. The only normal types I have trained were normal/flying, and that was because of the flying part. I always travel with a flier so I can get around the map faster. This time it just turned out that Sigilyph turned out to be more powerful and interesting compared to this generations three stage normal/flying type.
See, for some reason I hate fliers. Like, hate them. For no reason at all. I have a bird that knows fly, but not in my team. The only ones that I had fly for me in my team for past generations were Togekiss and Lugia. As for the rest, whenever I wanted to fly someone I would go to the PC and switch one out.

chris11246

Jul 29, 2009
Heart of Darkness said:
Prof. Monkeypox said:
My hero. Though, I disagree for Vileplume.
Jynx has always made me feel physically uncomfortable.
Vileplume's only up there for the same reason as Exeggcute: it's a plant with legs and a face. It doesn't mean it's badly designed, but rather going with the whole "drawing random things" theme that haters are quick to point out effect every Pokemon past Mewtwo. I mean, hell, I like Jynx as a Pokemon, but that doesn't change the fact that she's a black woman.
Actually I dont think jynx is a black woman. Its supposed to be making fun of something from japanese culture.

OT: I love my bisharp. Being steel and dark I use it for 3 out of for of the elite four and it has few weaknesses but it has a lot of resistances.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
chris11246 said:
Heart of Darkness said:
Prof. Monkeypox said:
Vileplume's only up there for the same reason as Exeggcute: it's a plant with legs and a face. It doesn't mean it's badly designed, but rather going with the whole "drawing random things" theme that haters are quick to point out effect every Pokemon past Mewtwo. I mean, hell, I like Jynx as a Pokemon, but that doesn't change the fact that she's a black woman.
Actually I dont think jynx is a black woman. Its supposed to be making fun of something from japanese culture.

OT: I love my bisharp. Being steel and dark I use it for 3 out of for of the elite four and it has few weaknesses but it has a lot of resistances.
Her original design was colored black instead of purple. Whether or not she was supposed to be a black woman, she still looks like a black woman. And the black skin, big lips, and buxom nature caused enough of a controversy to have her skin color changed to purple.

Reece Stevens

Jan 10, 2011
InnerRebellion said:
I don't own the games.. hope to buy one today. Anyone want to tell me which has better exclusives?
get white, the exclusives have equal base stats anyway, but white has white forest, AKA more exclusives

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
hilarius117 said:
Sawsbuck for sure.

http://rastapickney-juls.deviantart.com/art/Autumn-Sawsbuck-198095124

(how do I insert picture?)
Put [imgx] and [/imgx] around it. Without the x

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010

I named mine "Vexy"

And my boyfriend named his "Vex". xD

I absolutely love fire and psychic! So this one was a no brainer for me! Lol.

TheDudeMan14

Aug 13, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
TheDudeMan14 said:
I'm supprised no has said Haxorus.
Where did you get your image code form? Thats got to be the longest round about way to do it i've seen. Not criticizing or trolling, just curious. But more ot the point, probably because Haxorus isnt really that great of a pokemon after you look closer and go into competitive play. The best (non legendary) dragon of this generation is the Three headed one (arguably) but this Generation has been weak for (non legendary) dragons. I just googled the Haxorus, inspect element and it copied the code for me. I don't post pictures too much on here.

OT: After i evolved Fraxure it was a tank. It killed the 8th gym in 1 hit each time with dragon pulse (while holding a dragon fang) and i taught it shadow claw and it did the same to the psychic Elite Four guy. It seemed good to me.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
My Team I used.

Volcarona.

Such a gorgeous Pokemon.
Also, evolves at level 59
Unfortunatly it's a Bug/Fire type so Rock moves abolsultey destroys it.
On the plus side, it has high Special Attack (which is crap because its pre-evolution had high Attack, so you may waste lots of EVs and TVs and BVs w/e)

Samurott.

Um, I actually didn't like any of the starter Pokemon this time. This was the most bareable.

Krookodile.

Bad arse crocodile. Lovely high attack.

Archeops.

Flying dinosaur bird thing. Awsum. It's also nice they added fossil Pokemon this time that I liked (Diamond and Pearl's looked fugly). He's become my new "HM Fly *****". He'll join the ranks of my Swellow, Pidgoet and Scaravia.

Mienshao.

I'm surprised no one's said this one yet. It's a friccing Kung-Fu fox! I've never had a fighting type (excluding Blaziken and Infernape) in my team before and I don't regret it. She learns bounce which gives her an edge over fellow fighting types and has decent high attack. She also knows high jump kick.

I also have the Legendary from White, but it replaced Axew's evolution. I liked its final evolution. It looked like a Mantis.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
TheDudeMan14 said:
well any pokemon is good in game as long as your significantly higher level, even for the worst type match up. But once you get to online competitive play, against hits fellow dragon competition (and against the hype building up after seeing it before the game was released) its suffered majorly.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Well, in my team i have to say my favourite is 'Gonian, my beloved Scrafty. He's so called because he reminds me of argonians from the leder scrolls games, his first stage especially.

[http://media.photobucket.com/image/scrafty/Team-Heroes/Fan Arts/14916414_m.jpg?o=8]

This is odd, since i never really care for dark or fighting types. But his looks win me over.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Heart of Darkness said:
chris11246 said:
Heart of Darkness said:
Prof. Monkeypox said:

Her original design was colored black instead of purple. Whether or not she was supposed to be a black woman, she still looks like a black woman. And the black skin, big lips, and buxom nature caused enough of a controversy to have her skin color changed to purple.
it's apparently supposed to be based off of some japanese fashion called ganguro

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
ProfessorLayton said:
Sonic Doctor said:
See, for some reason I hate fliers. Like, hate them. For no reason at all. I have a bird that knows fly, but not in my team. The only ones that I had fly for me in my team for past generations were Togekiss and Lugia. As for the rest, whenever I wanted to fly someone I would go to the PC and switch one out.
Interesting.

Well, I'm partly disappointed with the fliers in this game. The three stage evolution Pidove is bad because it only learns one okay attack with sky attack at the third stage at level 66 and is the most powerful flying move 140p 90a, but still that attack I don't really like because it is a two turn attack, like fly, and I hate two turn attacks because the leave a window for the opponent to do something.

Now Braviary is the best looking normal/flying for this game, and I will train one eventually, it at least learns the move, brave bird, but I wish they had given it the ability to learn the fighting move, close combat. This is why Staraptor in Gen 4 is the best flier out of the Pokemon games. Staraptor learns brave bird which is the second most powerful flying move 120p 100a, it will take out most Pokemon in one hit though it does take like a quarter of Staraptor's life away with each use. It also learns close combat 120p 100a but lowers the users defense. My Staraptor from Diamond had such a high attack and speed that it could use close combat and take out any rock type with one hit without having to fear getting with a powerful rock attack hit. Normal, dark, and ice types feared it as well. Staraptor could hold its own against Pokemon it was weak to and ones it didn't have an advantage against either way, and creamed weak disadvantaged ones.

When they made the three stage normal/flier that becomes Staraptor, they made it so awesome that they couldn't outdo themselves when the made new Pokemon for Black and White.