Pokemon Black & White Changing More Than You Think

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Jaredin said:
Although wonder if it will be more than skin deep...
My guess is that the meat & potatoes of Pokemon won't be changing anytime soon. It is nice to see that the versions will have different areas as well as different Pokemon. My guess is this is a way to make the series look like it isn't stagnant as well as a marketing ploy to get players to buy both versions...

In any case, any change to the games between generations that doesn't involve the mini games/contests is welcome in my books provided they don't ruin what I love about Pokemon.

[sub][sub]*hopes it won't be too expensive :D*[/sub][/sub]

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
I'm definitely leaning towards Pokemon White. Besides the epicness that is Zekrom, I like the aesthetics of White Forest more, plus it gets that cute "white baby floating in green hands" Pokemon instead of that lame-looking witch-esque one.

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
Can we possibly get a remake of Red and Blue the way they were? No berries, no alarm clock/radio/cell phone/scheduler/notebook pokedex. 151 pokemon, maybe with online multiplayer and full color, but otherwise unchanged? Am I the only one who would buy that?

snave

Nov 10, 2009
Mrhappyface 2 said:
snave said:
Which program do you use to write the script? Side Note: Ananata wa nohonjin desuka?
Nothing unusual, just typed it in notepad with the video playing in the background. I'm using plain ol' Windows Vista. Provided you've got your install CD lying around (or the business version has this by default), you can install the optional Asian and Middle Eastern language pack and then set up a secondary keyboard config in Control Panel -> Keyboard. Setting JP (Romaji halfwidth) as your default works best for me as you can change scripts with Alt+Tilde. Japanese is literally entered on the keyboard using romaji and the inbuilt IME converter.

いいえ、 日本に住んでいました。

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
derelix said:
Decabo said:
I like the look of white forest, so I'll probably go with that.

I hope Nintendo of America keeps the names Black and White. Of course, there's always the chance they'll chicken out and call it 'Light and Dark" or "Sun and Eclipse" or "Salt and Pepper" or something.
You couldn't possibly thing this would be a racial issue do you?
Actually light and dark or sun and eclipse sound way more creative than black and white.
I don't think it's racist at all, but we all know how hyper-sensitive people can be. The Pokemon games have already had a ridiculous amount of censorship; gamblers was changed to gamers, the game corner was removed completely in European versions, and the guy in front of Celadon Gym went from saying "I love this gym. It's full of women!" to "I love this gym. It's full of strong trainers!" So even suggesting that men are attracted to women is too much for children apparently.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
It looks cool, but I fell out of Pokemon after Silver and Gold (the original GBC Silver and Gold) And even then I preferred the original red and blue (and Yellow)

The only way I'd get another was if they re-remastered Green and Red for the DS.
So maybe in about 5 or so years... he he (only half joking)

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
derelix said:
Decabo said:
derelix said:
Decabo said:
I like the look of white forest, so I'll probably go with that.

I hope Nintendo of America keeps the names Black and White. Of course, there's always the chance they'll chicken out and call it 'Light and Dark" or "Sun and Eclipse" or "Salt and Pepper" or something.
You couldn't possibly thing this would be a racial issue do you?
Actually light and dark or sun and eclipse sound way more creative than black and white.
I don't think it's racist at all, but we all know how hyper-sensitive people can be. The Pokemon games have already had a ridiculous amount of censorship; gamblers was changed to gamers, the game corner was removed completely in European versions, and the guy in front of Celadon Gym went from saying "I love this gym. It's full of women!" to "I love this gym. It's full of strong trainers!" So even suggesting that men are attracted to women is too much for children apparently.
That has nothing to do with people being super sensitive. If that was the case, do you think a game called black and white would be released uncensored?
If they decide to censor it, that was the idiotic decision that they made, not the result of sensitive people.
Sense: you don't make any.