Pokemon Gets Gritty in Live Action Pokemon Apokelypse

Jul 13, 2010
Not everything needs to be made dark a gritty to be good. I for one am happy that this movie will not be made as I never want to see pokemon in that light ever again.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Awesome idea, but the pokemon themselves were too unrealistic to be believable. Something like this would require radical redesigns. Meowths big head is retarded, for instance.

Still, great clip.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
it would be cool if it was professionally done, although this trailer suffers from a terminal case of horrid acting, but hey, they aren't pros for a reason right?

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Must have on 3D special 5 disc edition with limited edition figurine of Geodude bashing Pikachus skull in!

seriously, I would totally buy a 3D tv for just this movie! Wow, I, like, wow, I'm out of breath and words...

Falcon_Punch

Apr 30, 2008
AgentBJ09 said:
Ariene said:
I REALLLY don't understand what are in American's head
do you all really think this crap is cool?!
it's an insult to pokemon!
and you all think it's awsome? that Pikachu look like a FROG! what is Pikachu? it's an electric mouse, ?d?C?l! not a frog!
and who IS that old men? why are all the characters look SOO old in the trailer?
this thread really make me disappointed, when I first watched this trailer, I laughed, and thinking everyone will think it's ridiculous. but what I actually saw is people saying 'GOD DAMN THIS IS SO COOLL!'
now, I understanded one thing, that is ********************!
If you look at the Mortal Kombat Rebirth threads, it's the exact same thing. The trailer had no substance, and yet, people loved it. This is the kind of thing that should be in a Punisher movie, not a Pokemon one.

ssgt splatter said:
Was I the only one who found this to be a terrible attempt at a gritty joke? I didn't like this at all. :mad:
You weren't the only one. I did not find this funny or amusing in any way either, and my fandom of Pokemon died years ago. That said, if I tried to describe how much I hated this trailer and the inspiration/concept of it, I'd probably get banned from the Escapist.

Fan-made or not, this thing sucks.
I can't believe the reaction some people are having to this. It's a bit of FUN! Do you guys remember fun?!? It's not supposed to be taken seriously it's supposed to be laughed at. Everyone knows if this was a REAL movie it would be terrible but that Street Fighter the Movie or Super Mario Brother movie kind of terrible...the GOOD kind of terrible. Some people need to grow a sense of humor...

Oh and Ariene the reason they all look so old is because it's supposed to be once they've all grown up and in the real world...you must be pretty slowpoke if you didn't pick that up.

John Stalvern

Aug 28, 2008
It's well made no doubt, but the contrast with the actual franchise is just so goofy that I facepalmed within the ten second mark.

Falcon_Punch

Apr 30, 2008
Adam Mugarbie Margary said:
this isnt pokemon, it would kill the initial concept, i mean who honestly liked the dragonball live action movie?
Another 14 year old that completely missed the point of the trailer...

Grounogeos

Mar 20, 2009
Looks good, but if this actually does get made I hope that they improve the animation for the Pokemon. Most of them just look... weird...

Mukil

Mar 23, 2010
In a real world situation I would use pikachu to power my house and charizad to heat it

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
Meowth with an Uzi, now THAT's awesome. Pikachu looked a little messed up but other than that i was really impressed

Jun 13, 2010
Falcon_Punch said:
Adam Mugarbie Margary said:
this isnt pokemon, it would kill the initial concept, i mean who honestly liked the dragonball live action movie?
Another 14 year old that completely missed the point of the trailer...
tell me then what is the concept ot the trailer cause id really like 2 no..... and im 18 u were 4 years off