Pokemon: Gotta Catch One

commodore96

Aug 31, 2010
You are transported to a game version of the current place you live in, and given an ultra ball. What would be the first pokemon you would catch?
Take note the town you live in because if you live in a wooded area I highly doubt there would be a bunch of fire and water pokemon running around. You are also using an Ultra ball so you don't want to tackle anything too strong or you'll be pokemonless. For me I live really close to a stream so I would head down there and catch a poliwag or a corpish.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
I'm going to watch the bird feeder and grab a Starly, or head down to the muck by the ballfield and catch a Tympole or Weedle.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I'll be looking for a Gible sure they're tough to train, but I enjoy a challenge and besides Garchomp will be worth it.

Failing that I could always go down to the river and sea if I can catch a feebas, always wanted a real life Milotic.

Big Cat

Mar 29, 2011
I'm gonna catch a squirtle, since i live on a pond with a lot of turtles in it.

evilstonermonkey

Oct 26, 2009
Cubone or a male Nidoran. Once I had one of them I'd go looking for the other and a Geodude. Marowak, Nidoking, Golem and Scyther have been my favourite pokemon (starters not included) since gen 1. If I somehow managed to stumble across a Scyther at some point I'd be very happy. But since none of this is real, please excuse me while I go experiment with radioactive steroids and a large number of praying mantises.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Seeing as where I live is trees around my house, a few ponds of different sizes(hesitant to call them lakes)in front of other houses, and a road that needs fixn', I'd say I would catch a Barboach and level it up to a Wishcash soly because I like catfish. If not, then either a pikachu or taillow cus they're in my top 3.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I'd catch a Haunter because it's my favourite.

I live in the suburbs it's fair to assume there would be ghost pokemon around.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
There are woods and a lake really close to where I live, so I think I might catch a Weedle or a Magicarp (to turn into a Garydos).

But what I'd probably do is get in my car and drive to the town's graveyard to see if I could catch a Ghastly or a Litwick (or some other awesome ghost pokemon, since those are my favorites).

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Since I live right next to a bunch of mountains, I could probably just hike over there and catch a Geodude.

commodore96

Aug 31, 2010
knight of some random number said:
Failing that I could always go down to the river and sea if I can catch a feebas, always wanted a real life Milotic.
I just hope you have a lot of Wiki Berries by your house

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
Since I live in a large-ish city, I'd assume there'd be Pikachu nomming on our electrical wires. I've wanted a Raichu ever since I was a kid watching the anime.
Barring that, a Lotad would be cool, seeing as how there's a lake right next to my house. Ludicolo could play maracas in my band or something.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I live near woods and a swamp so I'd probably go looking for an Ekans. Having an Arbok would be pretty cool. I've never really liked them in the games but to have one in real life would be awesome.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I'm gonna go with Dratini or Dragonair. Then I will have a Dragonite in no time flat.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Tropius. To me he would be the most useful Pokemon to actually own.

It can Fly, it can help move heavy objects, it can just live outside since as a plant it can feed itself, it grows it's own fruit for food.

Tropius just plain rocks.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
commodore96 said:
knight of some random number said:
I just hope you have a lot of Wiki Berries by your house
Just for the convience of this thread I'm going to say I do.

Then again, if I'm in a game, I could always just find a prism scale and trade it with a friend, then get said friend to trade back.