Pokemon: Gotta Catch One

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
Ralts.

Why? Because Kirlia.

Why? Because Gardevior.

Why? Because Psychic lady is the best Psychic Lady.

Ryu-Kage

May 6, 2011
Let's see... My neighborhood is on top of a hill. It's kind of windy up here, but there's a paved road. There's a busy street not too far from here, and there are plenty of trees.

From this, I can pick out two Pokemon that I'm likely to find that I'd LOVE to raise.

Option A: Meowth. It's a suburb. There have got to be stray cats around here, and Meowth is the best of the cat Pokemon. He's really fast, and he can have one of two great abilities. The question becomes: Do I want to find rare items occasionally, or would I rather have his weak moves like Pay Day and Bite become stronger?

Option B: We have a lot of birds around here, so maybe a Starly will show up. Unlike his bird Com Mon colleagues - like Pidgey, Taillow, and Pidove - Starly actually KICKS ASS when he evolves. Since Staraptor can learn Close Combat, not even Steel or Rock Pokemon want to mess with him. The only thing around here that MIGHT pose a threat to Staraptor might be something unexpected, like Rotom.

EDIT: Then again, I could probably find even more Great or Ultra Balls without having to pay $6 or $12 for them if I have a Meowth with Pickup.

Vandenberg1

May 26, 2011
commodore96 said:
You are transported to a game version of the current place you live in, and given an ultra ball. What would be the first pokemon you would catch?
Take note the town you live in because if you live in a wooded area I highly doubt there would be a bunch of fire and water pokemon running around. You are also using an Ultra ball so you don't want to tackle anything too strong or you'll be pokemonless. For me I live really close to a stream so I would head down there and catch a poliwag or a corpish.
I'm in California.. the only thing in my bushes that I could catch is a Mexican-mon trying to jack my cars radio.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Hmm. I would live in a small town and the first Pokemon I would catch is a Phanpy.
When it becomes a Donphan, I can use it to move boulders and obtain those pesky hard to reach items.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
I go apply for a hunting license and trade the pokeball for a hunting rifle.

Pokemon, the most dangerous game!

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well I live in a rather rural area with plenty of farmland, but there's also small groups of trees everywhere, so I'd probably end up with a pretty "basic" Pokemon. I'd love to have a Spearow and eventually evolve it into a Fearow ('Terror' will live!); but I'd take a Weedle or Nidoran Male too (yeah, I roll old school). You never know though, I might catch a rarer Pokemon in an area like mine. That would be pretty sweet.

Thinking about it though, my closeness to all the nearby mushroom farms, a Pokemon like Oddish, Paras, Shroomish, or something similar would also be likely. There might a greater than average amount of Poison types nearby.

Sikratua

Apr 11, 2011
I'll walk into a Brazilian Ju-Jitsu dojo. I would then throw my pokeball at a tired instructor. I can haz Machoke.

pieguy259

Dec 25, 2008
Given that I live in Australia, probably some kind of hideous giant mutant spider that shoots poison from every orifice.

gregitaly

Mar 12, 2009
I live in Omaha Nebraska, site of the "World famous Henry-Doorley Zoo" (their words) So imma head down there and "capture" an Oshawott. Unless some meddling 10 year olds decide to get in my way and defeat me with the power of friendship.

Grell Sutcliff

May 25, 2011
well there are some rivers near by so I'll go there to find a dratini and evolve it untill it's a dragonite and if I can't find one in the rivers or mountains that are closeish then I'll just capture an electabuzz there are two big factories near by and I wouldn't be surprised if one was in em.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
commodore96 said:
SuperVegas said:
Clearly a Magicarp

easiest to catch
and then BAM Gyarados
Easiest to catch
Hardest to train
They're not that hard to train. Just do it the Mr. Fish [http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/comics/2010-04-26.jpg] way.

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
screw the suburbs where I live (unless I can catch an eevee, cuz then Vaporeon), I'd drive to the beach and get me either a shellder, staru, or, if I'm lucky, an Octillary!

Seriously, Octillary is an Octopus Cannon. Name a beam type move and he'll learn it. again: octopus... cannon... What more could you desire with one ultraball to get u started?

...or a shuckle. Maybe. Are they slimy? they look like they'd be grossly slimy...