Pokemon: The Christian Playthrough

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
Hey guys, me and some buddies were working on a set of rules for a Christian play-through of Pokemon just for giggles, starting with the rule that Pokemon can't evolve. *bu-dum, tish*

We have an image and a list now, so can you tell me if it's any good and provide suggestions for rules?

[small](Note: Yes, it's not exactly PC, and some might find this offensive, but I swear it's all in good fun, not to mention one of the guys who made it was Christian. Please don't flame about religion, and don't ban me please, mods?)[/small]

EDIT: If you feel the first picture was too stereotypical of all Christians, here is a more factually accurate alternative:

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Hey guys, me and some buddies were working on a set of rules for a Christian play-through of Pokemon just for giggles, starting with the rule that Pokemon can't evolve. *bu-dum, tish*

We have an image and a list now, so can you tell me if it's any good and provide suggestions for rules?

[small](Note: Yes, it's not exactly PC, and some might find this offensive, but I swear it's all in good fun, not to mention one of the guys who made it was Christian. Please don't flame about religion, and don't ban me please, mods?)[/small]

Wow. I might try that in one of my games for the challenge of it. Maybe a combine it with some Nuzlocke rules.

KoalaKid

Apr 15, 2011
This is insensitive, even with your "a christian helped me make it" bit its obviously insulting. Also the idea that all Christian's disagree with evolution is false.

Finbark

Jul 24, 2008
I found it hilarious and will probably be trying it soon :D Being raised a Christian myself made it all the more humorous.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Speaking as a Christian (and a Protestant at that), this is in bad taste. Even if you do mean for it to be tongue-in-cheek, it still comes across as mean-spirited and trying to paint Christians as ignorant and closed-minded. The "avoid science labs at all possible" rule feels particularly insulting.

Oh, and OP? When you feel the need to ask the mods to not ban you, I think that should clue you in on how well this will go over.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Kimarous said:
Speaking as a Christian (and a Protestant at that), this is in bad taste. Even if you do mean for it to be tongue-in-cheek, it still comes across as mean-spirited and trying to paint Christians as ignorant and closed-minded. The "avoid science labs at all possible" rule feels particularly insulting.
You don't get to have Yahtzee as your avatar and moan about people mocking religions in bad taste.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
This should be renamed "Catholic" play-through, as the last time I checked the only differences was that Christians helped their fellow man and didn't uphold ANY of these rules (Plus they don't usually give a shit, only Catholics do; actually that's horrid of me to say, I suppose only the STEREOTYPE Catholics give a shit). But either way, I find this revolting and very insulting. Shame on you for being a part of this.

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
KoalaKid said:
This is insensitive, even with your "a christian helped me make it" bit its obviously insulting. Also the idea that all Christian's disagree with evolution is false.
Kimarous said:

Oh, and OP? When you feel the need to ask the mods to not ban you, I think that should clue you in on how well this will go over.
Eh, whatevs. Sorry if I offended you, but it's practically impossible to get a laugh without offending someone. If the mods get mad, I'll deal, but I've made it pretty clear I'm not trying to troll.

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
Yeah, this is probably in bad taste. Still, I think it's hilarious. I'm pretty sure everyone should be able to see that this is only effective against a very specific type of Christians. Maybe it should be called "Creationist" or "Christian fundamentalist" playthrough, but then you'd have to take out that nice picture of the pope down there.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
Why is everyone being so hateful of this? I find it hilarious! Typical Christian bullshit of giving so much shit to people but not being able to take it themselves. Keep at it OP no one ever got ahead in life without treading on a few toes.

Also the amount of hate on this site for christianity why would you only get angry at this? I smell obvious point scoring.

Nydestroyer

Jun 12, 2011
Ha awesome but being raised a really relaxed christian (not anymore XD) its not really a christian play through but a Catholic one but ether way doesn't matter. And everyone relax life is a joke let people make fun of it while there living it so they can live it how they please.

CAMDAWG

Jul 27, 2011
perhaps rename it from "christian" playthrough to "fundamentalist" or "fundie". People will still get the reference, and no one (within reason) should be offended.

happy_turtle

Apr 11, 2010
Errrm, you missed not stealing from NPCs houses (8th commandment)
You must visit your mom every time you play (5th commandment)

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Hahahaha that's hilarious. I hope the mods have some sense of humor and don't ban you or anything because of a few people complaining. As for suggestions, I can't really think of any unless there's some kind of pokemon equivalent to voting republican.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Its funny because people are getting offended.

OT:This sounds like fun, I would try it if I had Pokemon
I KNOW DONT QUOTE ME SAYING :0 Y U NO HAVE POKEMON!

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Just thinking of a gameplay tweak, you know those plates that you can find that make Arceus change type? Normally, when you pick one up, they're inscribed with some sort of Arceus-related message. Instead you could have the ten commandments on them (although there are more than ten plates, so you should probably find something else to put on the remainders other than commandments). But yeah, that's just a minor gameplay alteration I wouldn't recommend it unless you really could be bothered to go with it.