Pokemon

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Well, Pokémon are basically animals.

So does that mean people are Pokémon too?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
MrFinnishDude said:
I don't even want to think what their erotic novels are like.
I'm, so, so sorry.
Well considering she mentioned that they have Pokemon adventure and romance novels, but looked at him in disgust when he said non-Pokemon books, it does make you wonder what exactly she meant.

DVS BSTrD said:
...as in DIGIMON!
That'd be one way to anger people. Constantly talk about them instead. Going into the market and asking for Digi Coke and so on.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
haha,glad I'm not the only one who noticed that obsession of theirs. XD

as you're moving through the very first city of the game, one of the NPCs asks "Don't you love pokemon!?" I promptly answered "no" and I swear I could hear the gears grinding in her head.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Any chance we could get a higher resolution version of this? I'd like to see what's on the book spines. I can only make out 3 of them. Curse be on my eyes, with only 20/20 vision.

JediMB said:
Well, Pokémon are basically animals.

So does that mean people are Pokémon too?
I'd guess not, since Pokeballs don't react when thrown at a human. Trainers jump in the way of your Pokeball if oyu throw it at a caught Pokemon and Ash got pelted with Pokeballs in the first movie that did not capture him.

Legion said:
MrFinnishDude said:
I'm, so, so sorry.
Well considering she mentioned that they have Pokemon adventure and romance novels, but looked at him in disgust when he said non-Pokemon books, it does make you wonder what exactly she meant.
My bet? Faithful Tepig. Don't look that up.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
The_Echo said:
I don't find this quite so odd, honestly.

I mean, the humans in the Pokémon world have cooperated and coexisted with Pokémon... forever.

In a way, it's all they know. Their lives and cultures are so infused with these creatures that to think of a story that doesn't involve them is outlandish.

Like, how many stories do we have that feature not a single human, or anthropomorphic animals?
Well, we do have a lot of stories where animals don't feature, anthropomorphic or otherwise.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Yeah, I don't like him, either.

Legion said:
I quoted you just to say I find your avatar hypnotising. I could watch it for hours if I didn't stop myself. Cute girl affectionate headbutting ftw.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Yeah, that is kinda weird. True, these people have lived with Pokemon for a long time, but you'd think they'd have somet things at least non-related to Pokemon...

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I imagine at least half of that library is dedicated to understanding how EV training works.
MrFinnishDude said:
i'm, so, so sorry.
Skitty on Wailord action. Duh.
balladbird said:
as you're moving through the very first city of the game, one of the NPCs asks "Don't you love pokemon!?" I promptly answered "no" and I swear I could hear the gears grinding in her head.
"But you have pokemon" "These were forced upon me."

hardbassI

Aug 14, 2012
Ugh... I don't think i can endure much more of this Gen Y bullcrap. Seriously, enough with the damn pokemon.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
RJ 17 said:
That's something I always remembered wondering about with my brief (gen 1-3) experience with Pokémon....

"Why the fuck is EVERYTHING in this world based around these little buggers?!"
My guess it's a political ploy to distract from the crippling economic problems and lack of educational opportunities for the young people.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
The Artificially Prolonged said:
RJ 17 said:
That's something I always remembered wondering about with my brief (gen 1-3) experience with Pokémon....

"Why the fuck is EVERYTHING in this world based around these little buggers?!"
My guess it's a political ploy to distract from the crippling economic problems and lack of educational opportunities for the young people.
Considering that the culture of this world is to throw 10 year old kids out into the world on their own with the only purpose of "Go forth and harvest these critters that hold the very power of the GODS!", you might be onto something there. :p

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
The_Echo said:
I don't find this quite so odd, honestly.

I mean, the humans in the Pokémon world have cooperated and coexisted with Pokémon... forever.

In a way, it's all they know. Their lives and cultures are so infused with these creatures that to think of a story that doesn't involve them is outlandish.

Like, how many stories do we have that feature not a single human, or anthropomorphic animals?
That's kinda what I'm thinking. Pokemon pretty much constitute the backbone of their entire society.

Still, you'd think they'd have at least a little variety. Maybe have a book with humans in the forefront and Pokemon in the background. Something like that.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
This leads to another controversial question where are all the grown up males from Pokemon universe? And I don't mean old people but the middle aged guys you know :p

Dickdatduck

Aug 2, 2011
snekadid said:
It was a fun RPG but they kept taking it kiddier and kiddier, that may sound weird considering its a kids series, but the originals had a lot of violence and angry pokemon. There was also alot of "mature content"(no, not sex you perv), I remember the original description for parasec having to do with the fungus eating into its hosts brain and hijacking its body.... that's pretty creepy for a kids game.
From the pokedex entry of the new pokemon Phantump: "According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest."

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
This has always been a complaint about the pokemon world. EVERYTHING on the damn planet is based off of them. All TV shows, novels, stage performances, and basically any recreational activity involves pokemon in some way. It's bizarre.