Police Say Adults Shouldn't Own Animal Crossing

Dogeman5

Apr 8, 2008
I am gonna get bitched out for this but what's up with all these stories covering "Moral Guardians" trying to protect their children, they offer nothing to actual gaming except to stir up hate... [yeah, I'm back so I can leave]

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
Every time I think people have gotten as stupid as they can get, some moron comes along and proves me wrong. This guy is so dumb, I think I lost IQ points just reading his statements. How the hell does he remember how to put his pants on in the morning?

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Next they're going to announce that no one over the age of 12 should be posting or talking on The Escapist. Kids and adults are going to run into one another on the interwebs. I don't even keep track of the age of people who've friended me, but I doubt all of them are 18 or older.

The safest bet is to just remind your kids, over and over, that no socially stable adult is going to want to call someone underage or hang out in a non-public place. Argue about games or play online, sure, what difference does it make? But otherwise you're crossing into sketchy territory no matter who the person is.

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Ionami said:
Inriri said:
[http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=facepalmr.jpg]
Very appropriate image.

And I JUST bought this game on Friday.

DAMMIT.

Me and my girlfriend love it, and I'm PRETTY SURE we're not interested in child molestation, but then again, I guess police in Missouri would know best...
Admitting you have a problem is the first step. I bet you went to see Wall-E, too. You nasty, nasty man, trying to sit in a dark room with all those children. ;P

Seriously, this is ridonkulous.

klarr

Mar 9, 2009
ha ha haaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha aaaaah hhaaaaa. i love it when the public TRY, important word there TRY, to understand our world and TRY to claim that they are right. its actualy rather funny.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
ironfist86 said:
i think missouri should take it a step further. screw the video game, i don't think adults should have any contact with children whatsoever. it is the only way we can be absolutely sure no sneaky pedophiles do them harm. let them fend for themselves, i mean, look how well it worked out in "Lord of the Flies", right?
WIN =D

Chinchama

Mar 1, 2009
ironfist86 said:
i think missouri should take it a step further. screw the video game, i don't think adults should have any contact with children whatsoever. it is the only way we can be absolutely sure no sneaky pedophiles do them harm. let them fend for themselves, i mean, look how well it worked out in "Lord of the Flies", right?
There is a great South Park episode about this. I forget which season it's in, but the parents are so worried about pedophilia they stop the kids from hanging out near any adults, withdraw them from school,and eventually build a wall around their town to keep the pedos out. The fear then escalates so much that the parents send the kids to live in the wilderness away from all adults because the parents can't even trust themselves to not rape their kids. Funny epidsode.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I guess this makes me a child lusting pedophile, come and get me Missouri I dare ya o_O

Oh and is it just me or have there been an unusually high amount of stories of people freaking out over games?

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
bue519 said:
.... This seriously sounds like an April Fools joke. I mean my mom plays the Wii and I'm pretty sure that shes not a pedophile.
Hmmm... how BIZZARE that older people should own a console that's not only being marketed to young people...
Must be those damn pedos at Nintendo, working in their crazy ways to get our children to become sex slaves!
Wait, no! I can't give Fox News another possible story! I MUSN'T!

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
This is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

This is why americans get picked on. STUPID STUPID things like this.