[Politics] "Pregnant Woman Indicted For Baby's Death After Being Shot"

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
ObsidianJones said:
... Ok, as a gun owner, the fact that the police's depiction (although I rarely believe those any more without video tape) is what it is and people are ok with the shooting makes me horrified.

Literally, do any of you have any idea how many people are punched per day? Pushed? And if everyone was 'justified' with fighting back with a bullet, we would be losing literally millions of people every day.
Of course we have no way of knowing other impacting factors, for example, did the woman have an underlying medical condition that could make such a struggle life threatening? There is a huge difference between a person with a heart condition, COPD or Asthma being pinned, for example, than a healthy athlete. The reality is though people really should not be pushing or hitting anyone, as people can be accidentally killed even if they are in the prime of their health. A guy who went to my school went to prison for punching another guy I went to school with just once outside of a pub because the guy he hit then hit his head on the curb and died from his injury. Both were athletic and 19 at the time, that is sadly the reality of getting into such fights. You don't know what will happen. I have been attacked by multiple men much larger than me, and yea I very well would use lethal force to get free as I have learned from previous experience what happens if I don't get free. All it can take is for someone to fall during a struggle for it to turn lethal quickly, or hell look at Eric Garners case. There is no way of knowing how this can turn out.

While I don't think everyone should be running around with guns planning on using them, I also think we have to address the violence leading to people thinking they need to protect themselves due to lack of protection by law enforcement. Why did this woman feel so threatened and afraid that she thought she needed to have a firearm to protect herself in the first place? We have to address the threats in order to reduce the people responding to the threats as well. There is no victim protection and no one to save you if someone wants to kill you and that is part of the problem fueling this. was this woman already threatening to kill her? Was the woman pinning her down trying to rip her eyes out of their sockets? These are all things that actually do happen when women are fighting...

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Silvanus said:
Shadowstar38 said:
Is it really up to the person getting assaulted to take all these variables into consideration while in the middle of a flight or fight scenario? Seems like the primary thing that would be going through someone's head is stopping the conflict quickly and with the least amount of additional personal injury feasible.
Even mid-fight, any rational person has some gauge of whether it's a threat to their life or not.

To take any physical altercation involving punches or "pinning" as grounds for lethal force is impossibly ridiculous. It would turn every single day into a global bloodbath.
This would be entirely on context, of course, but as a blanket statement, I have to disagree.

Rationality has no part in a physical assault, nor should the victim be forced to decide whether their life is in jeopardy when the attacker waives such considerations by launching the assault with intent to harm in the first place. People can be disabled or killed by a punch. By the time the victim can gauge that degree of violence, it might be too late. Not everyone attacking someone is going to be a martial artist capable of fully controlling the situation and minimizing long-lasting harm- if they choose- and even then, there are no guarantees.

Yeah, not all fights. But again, I don't want to find out if the violent attacker who jumped me and broke my nose and ribs was 'content' to leave it at that, when I could stop it before it gets any farther.

In the context of this incident? Uh... I think we need to know more. the definition of pinned and hit in this case would be appreciable (as in, was she being crushed/choked in the pin, and how hard was she struck). And as to how strong/dangerous a pregnant woman can be, well again, it would come down to this person in particular.

Sep 24, 2008
Lil devils x said:
ObsidianJones said:
... Ok, as a gun owner, the fact that the police's depiction (although I rarely believe those any more without video tape) is what it is and people are ok with the shooting makes me horrified.

Literally, do any of you have any idea how many people are punched per day? Pushed? And if everyone was 'justified' with fighting back with a bullet, we would be losing literally millions of people every day.
Of course we have no way of knowing other impacting factors, for example, did the woman have an underlying medical condition that could make such a struggle life threatening? There is a huge difference between a person with a heart condition, COPD or Asthma being pinned, for example, than a healthy athlete. The reality is though people really should not be pushing or hitting anyone, as people can be accidentally killed even if they are in the prime of their health. A guy who went to my school went to prison for punching another guy I went to school with just once outside of a pub because the guy he hit then hit his head on the curb and died from his injury. Both were athletic and 19 at the time, that is sadly the reality of getting into such fights. You don't know what will happen. I have been attacked by multiple men much larger than me, and yea I very well would use lethal force to get free as I have learned from previous experience what happens if I don't get free. All it can take is for someone to fall during a struggle for it to turn lethal quickly, or hell look at Eric Garners case. There is no way of knowing how this can turn out.

While I don't think everyone should be running around with guns planning on using them, I also think we have to address the violence leading to people thinking they need to protect themselves due to lack of protection by law enforcement. Why did this woman feel so threatened and afraid that she thought she needed to have a firearm to protect herself in the first place? He have to address the threats in order to reduce the people responding to the threats as well. There is no victim protection and no one to save you if someone wants to kill you and that is part of the problem fueling this.
But that's the issue. We're just going to go down the road to conjecture and Jones' story against Jemison's. I will not rule out a righteous shoot with actual evidence. But feelings are not evidence. They aren't even provable. We can't prove Jemison felt threatened for real. For all we know, she could have just felt vengeful. But she took the classes to get the license so she knows what to say she felt to justify anything she did.

It's actually an assumption of us all that she felt threatened. You know who else used 'My life was threatened' as an excuse?

George Zimmerman [https://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html].

Michael Drejka [https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/25/us/florida-stand-your-ground-killing-drejka-bail/index.html]. Yousef Hafza [https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Florida-Deputy-Using-Stand-Your-Ground-in-Off-Duty-Fatal-Shooting-Defense-506950381.html]. Jason John [https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/wyoming/articles/2019-02-02/stand-your-ground-argument-leads-to-murder-dismissal]. David Taylor [https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20181231/stand-your-ground-boynton-brawl-leads-to-gunshot-but-no-charges]. The Taylor Case is Special, because it shows the dangers of the law as Taylor threatened to shoot the victims before the altercation. So those who were shot at should have been able to have shoot him, as justified in the Uber Driver Robert Westlake [https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/30/us/stand-your-ground-polk-county-uber-driver/index.html] (which is actually the only Stand Your Ground Case I've ever seen that seems justified.

And funnily enough, from the articles I've seen, Westlake was the only one who didn't say he feared for his life, even though video evidence showed he has absolute reason to.

The problem here is that you're a supremely decent human being. And you saw a scenario much akin to one's you faced when you were younger. And you can understand that. But we just need to look at the George Zimmerman's of the world and realize that people who 'know' the stand your ground law can literally get away with Murder if you just say the proper spell like this was Harry Potter.

"S/He Threatened my Life. I had no choice".

That's why I hate the 'Stand your Ground' law.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I think it's ludicrous that people are suggesting that being pinned to a car justifies shooting someone in the guts. You guys need your guns taken away or your manners improving or something.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Baffle2 said:
I think it's ludicrous that people are suggesting that being pinned to a car justifies shooting someone in the guts. You guys need your guns taken away or your manners improving or something.
I wasn't saying that. But I'm not going to say that you can know how a fight is going to go because you're rational, either.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
ObsidianJones said:

I can understand the shooting more than if there was no physical violence.

Also, I assume that most gun violence in the US is unwarranted. The government just turns a blind eye

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
the December King said:
This would be entirely on context, of course, but as a blanket statement, I have to disagree.

Rationality has no part in a physical assault, nor should the victim be forced to decide whether their life is in jeopardy when the attacker waives such considerations by launching the assault with intent to harm in the first place. People can be disabled or killed by a punch. By the time the victim can gauge that degree of violence, it might be too late. Not everyone attacking someone is going to be a martial artist capable of fully controlling the situation and minimizing long-lasting harm- if they choose- and even then, there are no guarantees.

Yeah, not all fights. But again, I don't want to find out if the violent attacker who jumped me and broke my nose and ribs was 'content' to leave it at that, when I could stop it before it gets any farther.
Right, but your illustrative example there is not what we're discussing. Of course you wouldn't know how far someone will go if they "jump" you and break your bones; they've already gone extremely far, and the phrase "jump" suggests a goddamn ambush.

Compare that with, say, someone shoving someone else in a corner shop because they thought they looked at them funny. That's far more common. Yes, rationality plays a big part in whether or not you think to yourself, "I'm going to fucking die today", and pull your gun.

the December King said:
In the context of this incident? Uh... I think we need to know more. the definition of pinned and hit in this case would be appreciable (as in, was she being crushed/choked in the pin, and how hard was she struck). And as to how strong/dangerous a pregnant woman can be, well again, it would come down to this person in particular.
That we need to know more to make these judgements was precisely my point-- you'll notice the post I was responding to was claiming that the fact a "punch" and a "pin" took place was "more than enough" for lethal force.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
ObsidianJones said:
Lil devils x said:
ObsidianJones said:

While I don't think everyone should be running around with guns planning on using them, I also think we have to address the violence leading to people thinking they need to protect themselves due to lack of protection by law enforcement. Why did this woman feel so threatened and afraid that she thought she needed to have a firearm to protect herself in the first place? He have to address the threats in order to reduce the people responding to the threats as well. There is no victim protection and no one to save you if someone wants to kill you and that is part of the problem fueling this.
But that's the issue. We're just going to go down the road to conjecture and Jones' story against Jemison's. I will not rule out a righteous shoot with actual evidence. But feelings are not evidence. They aren't even provable. We can't prove Jemison felt threatened for real. For all we know, she could have just felt vengeful. But she took the classes to get the license so she knows what to say she felt to justify anything she did.

It's actually an assumption of us all that she felt threatened. You know who else used 'My life was threatened' as an excuse?

George Zimmerman [https://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html].

Michael Drejka [https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/25/us/florida-stand-your-ground-killing-drejka-bail/index.html]. Yousef Hafza [https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Florida-Deputy-Using-Stand-Your-Ground-in-Off-Duty-Fatal-Shooting-Defense-506950381.html]. Jason John [https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/wyoming/articles/2019-02-02/stand-your-ground-argument-leads-to-murder-dismissal]. David Taylor [https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20181231/stand-your-ground-boynton-brawl-leads-to-gunshot-but-no-charges]. The Taylor Case is Special, because it shows the dangers of the law as Taylor threatened to shoot the victims before the altercation. So those who were shot at should have been able to have shoot him, as justified in the Uber Driver Robert Westlake [https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/30/us/stand-your-ground-polk-county-uber-driver/index.html] (which is actually the only Stand Your Ground Case I've ever seen that seems justified.

And funnily enough, from the articles I've seen, Westlake was the only one who didn't say he feared for his life, even though video evidence showed he has absolute reason to.

The problem here is that you're a supremely decent human being. And you saw a scenario much akin to one's you faced when you were younger. And you can understand that. But we just need to look at the George Zimmerman's of the world and realize that people who 'know' the stand your ground law can literally get away with Murder if you just say the proper spell like this was Harry Potter.

"S/He Threatened my Life. I had no choice".

That's why I hate the 'Stand your Ground' law.
Someone pinning you down is reason to feel threatened. How can a person flee when pinned down? In my case, due to the permanent damage to my lungs, pinning me down could actually kill me. Just the act of doing so at this point is threatening my life. No one would know that from looking at me of course, I look like any other healthy, athletic person on the outside. That is why you cannot know the threat to one's life simply by assuming this will harm them the same way it would harm you.

Baffle2 said:
The only 2 times I have ever been pinned down in my life I was violently raped the first time and the second I woke up with a cord around my throat and had to fight off a would be murderer who was later sent to prison on his second attempt when he stabbed my neighbor. Yes, I would have shot my attackers if able to do so at the time. According to the police, that is exactly what I would have to do to make it stop and what I should do if he tries again. Exactly what are you supposed to do in that situation if you are not strong enough to fight off the attacker? Politely die?

Manners= not attacking people in the first place.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Lil devils x said:
The only 2 times I have ever been pinned down in my life I was violently raped the first time and the second I woke up with a cord around my throat and had to fight off a would be murderer who was later sent to prison on his second attempt when he stabbed my neighbor. Yes, I would have shot my attackers if able to do so at the time. According to the police, that is exactly what I would have to do to make it stop and what I should do if he tries again. Exactly what are you supposed to do in that situation if you are not strong enough to fight off the attacker? Politely die?
That is leagues apart from the case at hand -- a fight outside a shop. Now, I've never fought a pregnant woman, but I reckon I could see my way clear to ending such a fight without shooting her.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Baffle2 said:
Lil devils x said:
That is leagues apart from the case at hand -- a fight outside a shop. Now, I've never fought a pregnant woman, but I reckon I could see my way clear to ending such a fight without shooting her.
At this point due to the condition my lungs have been left in after surviving a superbug that nearly killed me, even pinning me down would be a threat to my life. Any struggle or fight could be life threatening to me now. Hell even being in temperatures above 70F (21.1C)is now life threatening to me. A woman being pregnant does not suddenly mean she is weaker than the person she is attacking. Obviously not if she was able to pin the other person down in the first place. Being pregnant does not necessarily make her any less of a threat.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Baffle2 said:
I don't like having my safety violated. I'm sorry if my reaction sounds extreme to other people, but that's just how I feel about the matter. If you bring harm to people without justification, I can't bring myself to get upset if said people defend themselves.

CaitSeith said:
Using lethal force for that goal is going too far (as the consequences here show why).
I feel like that statement is fairly subjective. It might be a proper legal statement, but at least in this case the consequences showed law enforcement siding with the victim(this is not to say cops are always trustworthy. But until we get more information, that's all we have to go on. All else is speculation). Sure, take it easy on your assailant if you can manage it. But I'm not going to fault anyone for not putting up with that nonsense.

Silvanus said:
Even mid-fight, any rational person has some gauge of whether it's a threat to their life or not.

To take any physical altercation involving punches or "pinning" as grounds for lethal force is impossibly ridiculous. It would turn every single day into a global bloodbath.
Don't cause harm to your fellow human beings. You don't know how far they're willing to go to defend themselves and how much the fight will escalate. You state that mid-fight, someone is rational enough to know how much force they need to retaliate with. Well, the initiator by extension should have enough awareness to calculate the risks of the altercation and know that they may be forfeiting their lives by going through with it. They should look to incidents like these and ask themselves if it's really worth it in the long run.

Sep 24, 2008
Lil devils x said:
Someone pinning you down is reason to feel threatened. How can a person flee when pinned down?
Again, I don't hate the idea of a justifiable shoot. But like it was said, we don't have words of actually what pinned down means. We don't even have a consensus of the fight

The fight stemmed from a long-simmering feud with a female co-worker, Ebony Jemison, 23, over a man who worked at the same company. Ms. Jones spotted Ms. Jemison in the parking lot and started a fight with her, according to a law enforcement officer with direct knowledge of the investigation who did not want to be identified. By the officer?s account, Ms. Jones was winning the fight and had Ms. Jemison pinned in her car.

After taking repeated blows, the officer said, Ms. Jemison reached for a gun, and fired point blank into Ms. Jones?s stomach. Ms. Jones was driven to a hospital in a car that apparently broke down on the way. Paramedics eventually arrived and took her to a hospital, but her fetus ? struck by a bullet ? died.

This account of the fight differs from others that have been offered in recent days, which have suggested that Ms. Jemison fired a warning shot at the ground and the bullet bounced up and hit Ms. Jones in the belly.
(Source [https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/30/us/alabama-woman-marshae-jones.html])

Even in that quote, the fight isn't properly defined. The officer says one thing, but witnesses say other things. Completely different things. A warning shot that bounced from the street into her stomach? I mean, that's easy to disprove by just examining the scene to see if there's any bullet strikes in the floor. But the truth is Witness Testimony is sadly only as believable as much as you want to believe the person saying it.

But hey, the Huff Post supports it.

She said the argument had been about the unborn child's father and began when Jones spotted Ebony and jumped out of a car to attack her.

She said: "Ebony was afraid for her life and reached in her purse for the gun. She tried to fire a warning shot to get away from her."

But the shot ? which Earka says was aimed at the ground ? ricocheted into Jones instead.
(Source [https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/alabama-shooting-activists-defend-mother-charged-with-manslaughter-after-unborn-baby-dies-in-shooting_uk_5d15db45e4b082e553678100r])

But in the quote we're now taking as fact posted earlier in this thread, even that differs from these accounts entirely.

davidmc1158 said:
Well, there's been an update in this sad state of affairs: They've decided to drop the charges against her.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48849040

In regards to the question of whether or not the use of a firearms was justified . . . . well, a little more information is here but details are still somewhat sparse. As stated in the article:

The altercation on 4 December happened outside a Dollar General store where both Ms Jones and the shooter, Ebony Jemison, worked.

Police ruled that Ms Jones had started the fight and hit Ms Jemison, then pinned her against a car.

They said Ms Jemison had then reached for a gun and fired point-blank into Ms Jones's stomach.

An unnamed police source told the New York Times that the feud had started over a man with whom they both worked.
Jemison said before she was trying to fire a warning shot, now it was point blank in the stomach. Where they in the car or against the car? Was it just a hit and a pin, or was it raining down blows and she was in her car? Was she pinned down to the point that she couldn't escape... but had the ability to reach and rummage through her purse, take off the safety (I hope), cock it and fire?

Hey, I'll say that raining down blows and being trapped in a car is a much more plausible decision for deciding to use lethal force. There is limited ability to escape, and we already know one blow can be deadly, but several in quick succession is a massive call for alarm.

But here's the thing. Read each of these articles. Who has it right? Who is even close to it? The Huff Post stated the warning shot ricocheted into Jones. BBC and NY Times has the shot being fired into Jones point blank. Which contradicts Jemison's own account [https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/pregnant-woman-shot-alabama-manslaughter-jones-jemison] that she tried to fire a warning shot and didn't mean to shot Jones.

And also the fact that Jemison herself said that Jones grabbed her hair. Not pinned her against the car. I've looked for her testimony, but the only version of it I've seen was the Buzzfeed article where she never mentioned being pinned.

I don't think Jones is some hapless innocent victim. If those texts are true, she sought this encounter. I wish didn't it come to any kind of violence, but People are going to People. My issue is that the entire incident is muddied. We don't have one clear account of how anything went down. The Defense said he has a cell phone video of Jones backing away [https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/03/us/charges-dropped-alabama-woman-pregnant.html] from the situation before the shot. If so, I hope he still releases it so we can have some real knowledge of what happened.

But from various accounts, including seemingly conflicting accounts from Jemison herself, the only facts we know for a fact is that Jemison and Jones had an altercation and Jones was shot. And we're here grasping at second-hand accounts and the "I was afraid for my life" defense tactic that they basically burn onto your soul if you take the CCW course in one of these Stand Your Ground states makes me uneasy with everything.

We used one article sans any evidence or video proof other than a police account that contradicts other articles and accounts (and even Jemison's own testimony) to say "Oh, ok. Justified Shooting". That worries me.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Shadowstar38 said:
Baffle2 said:
I don't like having my safety violated. I'm sorry if my reaction sounds extreme to other people, but that's just how I feel about the matter. If you bring harm to people without justification, I can't bring myself to get upset if said people defend themselves.

CaitSeith said:
Using lethal force for that goal is going too far (as the consequences here show why).
I feel like that statement is fairly subjective. It might be a proper legal statement, but at least in this case the consequences showed law enforcement siding with the victim(this is not to say cops are always trustworthy. But until we get more information, that's all we have to go on. All else is speculation). Sure, take it easy on your assailant if you can manage it. But I'm not going to fault anyone for not putting up with that nonsense.

Silvanus said:

Don't cause harm to your fellow human beings. You don't know how far they're willing to go to defend themselves and how much the fight will escalate. You state that mid-fight, someone is rational enough to know how much force they need to retaliate with. Well, the initiator by extension should have enough awareness to calculate the risks of the altercation and know that they may be forfeiting their lives by going through with it. They should look to incidents like these and ask themselves if it's really worth it in the long run.
Why does this reminds me of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories?

https://youtu.be/atCXULYZZHs?t=469

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Lil devils x said:
At this point due to the condition my lungs have been left in after surviving a superbug that nearly killed me, even pinning me down would be a threat to my life.
If I ate nuts near someone with a nut allergy I'd be putting their life at risk, but I'd be bloody annoyed if they shot me in the belly.

But whatever, these are the same arguments used to excuse police shooting people (would we be justifying this if it was a police officer holding the gun?). I undoubtedly will never understand the US mindset on guns because it's just so utterly crackers to me.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Shadowstar38 said:
Don't cause harm to your fellow human beings. You don't know how far they're willing to go to defend themselves and how much the fight will escalate.
That line of thinking heads towards justifying anything you please (see US foreign policy; immigration; climate change).

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Baffle2 said:
Lil devils x said:
At this point due to the condition my lungs have been left in after surviving a superbug that nearly killed me, even pinning me down would be a threat to my life.
If I ate nuts near someone with a nut allergy I'd be putting their life at risk, but I'd be bloody annoyed if they shot me in the belly.

But whatever, these are the same arguments used to excuse police shooting people (would we be justifying this if it was a police officer holding the gun?). I undoubtedly will never understand the US mindset on guns because it's just so utterly crackers to me.
Of course we would not justify if it were a police officer holding the gun for numerous reasons, including, but not limited to:

1)In order for a police officer to be a police officer on the street and not behind a desk they have to be able to pass the physical fitness requirements. They are athletic and strong, and should be strong enough to restrain people without needing to use excessive force. This cannot be said of everyone in the general public.

2)Police officers should be trained in the proper methods to be able to restrain someone without the need for excessive force. This too cannot be said for the general public.

3)Police officers should be trained in deescalation training so they would need to use force less. The general public is not trained in deescalation training.

You eating nuts =\= you attacking someone holding them down and trying to force nuts down their throat. HUGE difference. This person did not just fall on top of this woman, she was actively assaulting her inflicting bodily harm. I certainly hope someone would not shoot you for eating nuts, but I also would think that if they told you they have an allergy severe enough that the dust could harm them, you would also be polite enough to move away from them or wait until you could, not try to violently force them into their face.

It isn't like this woman was minding her own business, she was actively violently attacking the other woman here.

Trying to force someone with a nut allergy to consume nuts is no different than using any other lethal weapon on them as hundreds of people do actually die from this so it is no different than trying to poison them or stab them or shoot them if you are trying to force them to consume something that will kill them.

Estimates say that in the United States, thousands of people visit the emergency room annually because of allergic reactions to food. Somewhere around 150 to 200 people die in the U.S. each year because of food allergies. It's estimated that around 50 percent to 62 percent of those fatal cases of anaphylaxis were caused by peanut allergies
https://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/allergies/food-allergy/peanut/how-many-people-die-each-year-from-peanut-allergies.htm

But if you are not violently attacking them and forcing them to consume them, it isn't really the same thing as this woman violently physically attacking another woman.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Lil devils x said:
I certainly hope someone would not shoot you for eating nuts, but I also would think that if they told you they have an allergy severe enough that the dust could harm them, you would also be polite enough to move away from them or wait until you could not try to violently force them into their face.
I disagree, I want to eat those nuts right now, right next to them. And I'm walking the same way they are (though I'm not staggering and clutching my throat, because I have dignity).

I meant to mention that in this scenario the police officer is a 5'2 woman with a limp and a nut allergy. Surely she's allowed to shoot someone now?!

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Baffle2 said:
Lil devils x said:
I certainly hope someone would not shoot you for eating nuts, but I also would think that if they told you they have an allergy severe enough that the dust could harm them, you would also be polite enough to move away from them or wait until you could not try to violently force them into their face.
I disagree, I want to eat those nuts right now, right next to them. And I'm walking the same way they are (though I'm not staggering and clutching my throat, because I have dignity).

I meant to mention that in this scenario the police officer is a 5'2 woman with a limp and a nut allergy. Surely she's allowed to shoot someone now?!
She wouldn't be able to be a beat cop unless she can meet the physical requirements for the same reason I was not able to be a firefighter because I was not able to meet the physical requirements so she shouldn't be issued a police firearm anyhow to be able to shoot you with in the first place. I couldn't even meet the weight requirements for being too small let alone get to the part where you have to be able to carry other fully grown adults on your own.

And if you want to eat the nuts next to someone you know ha a severe nut allergy, you are knowingly putting them in danger and could possibly be arrested and charged. Depending on the laws of where this happens, you could possibly even be arrested and charged for knowingly endangering a persons life. Just like the law does not always specify every single action that can inflict harm upon others, it may be covered under another law. If they tried to remove themselves from the situation and you pursued them, you would likely be arrested, or at least detained by police. Since you are not physically restraining them and forcing them to stay there, you could follow them to the police station yourself to get arrested.

EDIT: In addition, if they started to have a reaction due to your actions and you failed to assist them you could also be arrested depending on jurisdiction for failing to stop and render aid.

For some reason your story reminded me of this:
https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/03/boys-knew-pupil-allergic-dairy-flicked-cheese-onto-neck-9410730/
If this were adults, it is likely the cheese flicker could be charged with manslaughter.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Baffle2 said:
Shadowstar38 said:
Don't cause harm to your fellow human beings. You don't know how far they're willing to go to defend themselves and how much the fight will escalate.
That line of thinking heads towards justifying anything you please (see US foreign policy; immigration; climate change).
I don't see the connection but okay.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Shadowstar38 said:
Baffle2 said:
Shadowstar38 said:
I don't see the connection but okay.
"Harm" is a very broad term. The US considers a company to have the same rights as a human being.

I hope I don't need to spell out the implications there.