Poll: 2011: Will it boast some of the best games yet?

ICanBreakTheseCuffs

Jun 4, 2010
googleit6 said:
ICanBreakTheseCuffs said:
googleit6 said:
*gasp* You forgot Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood! How could you?

Anyways, New Vegas looks pretty sweet, which is coming out next month, and AC:B is coming out in two months. So, I'm pretty stoked for the next two months. I'm not worrying so much about next year, considering I hope to get a ps2 and get started on all the older games I've been dying to finally get around to after Christmas.
multiplayer and assassins creed is like the worst mixup ever!

OT:bulletstorm and Deus Ex are the only ones I care for.
if Duke Nukem Forever actually comes out,most people won't buy it because they just wouldn't buy it because they lost hope and probably won't even believe it's coming out.
PS:I'm talking about non-escapees
Ah, you wound me with your cruel, cruel words, good sir. Give them a chance, I say! To me, at least, the multiplayer looks like it could be insanely entertaining. Also remember that there IS a story mission as well, and you don't have to play the multiplayer if you don't want to!
ah yes but the thing about the assassins creed story missions is that it has little to no replayability

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
2011 will have the BEST game, SWTOR, srsly I will lose my life to that game when it comes out.

googleit6

May 12, 2010
googleit6 said:
googleit6 said:
*gasp* You forgot Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood! How could you?

Anyways, New Vegas looks pretty sweet, which is coming out next month, and AC:B is coming out in two months. So, I'm pretty stoked for the next two months. I'm not worrying so much about next year, considering I hope to get a ps2 and get started on all the older games I've been dying to finally get around to after Christmas.
multiplayer and assassins creed is like the worst mixup ever!

OT:bulletstorm and Deus Ex are the only ones I care for.
if Duke Nukem Forever actually comes out,most people won't buy it because they just wouldn't buy it because they lost hope and probably won't even believe it's coming out.
PS:I'm talking about non-escapees
Ah, you wound me with your cruel, cruel words, good sir. Give them a chance, I say! To me, at least, the multiplayer looks like it could be insanely entertaining. Also remember that there IS a story mission as well, and you don't have to play the multiplayer if you don't want to!
ah yes but the thing about the assassins creed story missions is that it has little to no replayability
*shock* If I may, I'm on my third play through of Assassin's Creed 2, and just finished my third play through of the first game.

You must own games that have no multiplayer, but also have little to no replay value in their story modes, right? Maybe it will be the same with AC:B. Then, you don't have much to lose if there isn't multiplayer. Of course, that all depends on how much you actually like Assassin's Creed in the first place.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
The only game I'm moderately interested in is Fallout. The rest are a wholely uninteresting product line to me.

I suppose by mid to late 2011, Bethesda will also announce plans to make a new Elder Scrolls game. They should anyway. I'd really like to see the series continued. Bring back the epicness of Morrowind, the style of Oblivion and the flare of Fallout and put them in a game together. I might even buy the game without first waiting for the release price to drop.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
Killonze 3, FFXIV, InFamous 2, Mass Effect 2 (anxious to see how they provide fillers for the ps3 version, I played Mass Effect 1 when it wasn't well known and enjoyed it somewhat). Silly Me I forgot Arkham City.
*Slaps myself..

EDIT: I'm probably going to be trying o get all the licenses in GT5 by the time those games come out. Those licenses are a ***** to get.

GammaZord

Jan 26, 2009
I'm not interested in a single one of those games. Sorry, but I'm ot sure if it's me, or the industry but I really can't get into gaming anymore.

Starcraft 2 has gotten as close as anything but other than that I've been completely removed from gaming and nothing on the horizon looks to change that. Sorry i'm a bitter old man (at the age of 21)

masseyguy911

Aug 6, 2010
There are a few games that interest me next year, like Dragon Age 2.
Really, I'm not expecting a whole lot from 2011.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
The Old Republic, Portal 2, True Crime and Duke Nukem Forever is coming out, and Valve is announcing three massive things in 2011, one of them is UNDOUBTEDLY HL2: Episode 3.

Yes, it's going to be a hell of a year.

MicrosoftPaysMe

Mar 4, 2009
MercurySteam said:
I'm sure that before the year is out that you're gunning for one of anticipated releases that will be coming out soon, e.g. Fable III, CoD: Back Ops, Fallout: New Vegas or Halo: Reach.

But I'm far more excited for the dawn of next year and let me tell you why. The lineup of games in the first four months:

January - Dead Space 2
February - BulletStorm
March - Red Faction: Armageddon, Dragon Age 2
April - Gears of War 3

Plus there's those games with unannounced release dates such as Portal 2 and Brink. So ask you Escapists, what are you looking forward to in 2011? Do you think 2011 will surpass 2010? Let the replying begin!
All of the above plus RAGE. RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's looking to be not only the best game of that year, but possobly this generation.
Also HomeFront looks pretty cool

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
XinfiniteX said:
No particularly. The games I'm pumped for are coming out this year:

COD: Black Ops
Fallout: NV
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
WoW Cataclysm
Medal of Honour
Gran Turismo 5
Sonic 4

What an expensive few months it will be lol

The only games I'm waiting for next year areDeus Ex: HR and Diablo 3.

didn't they delay Future Soldier to 2011?

Tanfastic

Aug 5, 2009
Only real game i'm excited for is Dragon Age, haven't seen any of the Nintendo announcements except Pokemon Black and White... And never going to play Ps3 games, and haven't read up on everything I should on whats coming for PC and Xbox.

But the two biggest ones for me right now are WoW: Cataclysm and Halo: Reach.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Pfft. Every year is the best year for gaming. Long as a Halo or Cod comes out...or a Madden, as rare as any of those are.
Im waiting for the year of TESV. Even just announcing it officially would make my year better.

TheMadTypist

Sep 8, 2009
Apparently, Warhammer 40k Space Marine is coming out in late (very late) 2011, and Yay! it's coming for PC as well now, so I may have to agree with you.

However, provided the world doesn't end in 2012 (it won't, just like with the LHC or Y2K) there will be more years with even more awesome games. I like to think that the medium should keep evolving, and each year should bring "the best games yet".