Poll: 2011: Will it boast some of the best games yet?

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Shilkanni said:
I have unreasonably high expectations for 2011 games. My disappointment is inevitable.
at least you can admit it

I won't have that problem because I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 3
which is going to be the best game ever
(of course I'm being sarcastic)
(no I'm not who am I kidding ME3 will be the best game ever)
(but it wont)
(shut up)
(you know I'm right)
(I'll stab you in the face)
(but I'm you!)
(NOOOOOOOOO)

sorry I'll stop this now

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Mikeyfell said:
I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 3
Let's think about this shall we? Bioware RPGs are know for almost exploding with content and choices (ME2 was on two discs after all) and only came out the beginning of this year. How can you expect ME3 to come out only one year later???

Due to the fact that standard of games are constantly increasing, the average development time for a game is not longer two years. It is now two years and six months to two years and nine months. So we shouldn't expect ME3 till at least mid 2012.

Logic, man. Think logically.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
MercurySteam said:
Mikeyfell said:
I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 3
Let's think about this shall we? Bioware RPGs are know for almost exploding with content and choices (ME2 was on two discs after all) and only came out the beginning of this year. How can you expect ME3 to come out only one year later???

Due to the fact that standard of games are constantly increasing, the average development time for a game is not longer two years. It is now two years and six months to two years and nine months. So we shouldn't expect ME3 till at least mid 2012.

Logic, man. Think logically.
stop raining on my parade, they could have been working on 2 and 3 at the same time since ME 1 came out
(but you're most likely right)
(but Bioware aren't dumb people they can't let the epic conclusion to their mass Effect saga be a fizzle)
(but that won't stop them from cashing in on hopeless sheep like me who would buy any crap they put out, and probably defend it to the death in some stupid internet forum like this one)
(NO Bioware wouldn't do that, I don't believe you)
(It's going to suck!!)
(Don't say that!!!)

I hardly ever get excited about anything for this very reason, but Mass Effect has cracked my hard Cynical protective shell, and I don't think I'll anticipate anything so much until they announce Jak 4

philzibit

May 25, 2009
If L.A. Noir comes out, that with Duke Nukem, Arkham City & (amusing) the last Modern Warfare, 2011 should be pretty cool.

philzibit

May 25, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
It will certainly be better than this year. 2010 has been pretty bland as far as games go. But at least I've got the Unwound Future coming out next week and New Vegas to look forward to.
Sqwhat?! Red Dead Redemption......but that'd be about it.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
not really, 3 out of the 5 of those dont interest me at all. and portal 2 and brink i dont care for either, TOR late 2011 is supposed to come out i think? that i am very excited for. i probably wont even play the MMO aspect of it, just roll it single player style, as thats what it SHOULD have been in the first place /endrant
Actually, TOR is to come out in late MARCH 2011. ^^

As for 2011, I believe it will be more or less the same as 2010. The few hits and their sequels, and the such.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Mikeyfell said:
stop raining on my parade, they could have been working on 2 and 3 at the same time since ME 1 came out
(but Bioware aren't dumb people they can't let the epic conclusion to their mass Effect saga be a fizzle)
(but that won't stop them from cashing in on hopeless sheep like me who would buy any crap they put out, and probably defend it to the death in some stupid internet forum like this one)
(It's going to suck!!)
(Don't say that!!!)

I hardly ever get excited about anything for this very reason, but Mass Effect has cracked my hard Cynical protective shell, and I don't think I'll anticipate anything so much until they announce Jak 4
Sorry if I came across too mean, but don't worry, Dragon Age 2 comes out next year and apparently Bioware is saying it will appeal to Mass Effect fans too.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
MercurySteam said:
Mikeyfell said:
(It's going to suck!!)
(Don't say that!!!)

Sorry if I came across too mean, but don't worry, Dragon Age 2 comes out next year and apparently Bioware is saying it will appeal to Mass Effect fans too.
no, it's alright, and I'm looking forward to Dragon Age 2, I just won't be as put out if it sucks. I just want ME3 to be good. ME2 is still my 2010 game of the year, unless Rock band 3's keyboard isn't completely stupid

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
I'm really looking forward to 2011
Brink
Bulletstorm
Crysis 2
Portal 2
Rage
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Infamous 2
Motorstorm Apocolypse
Resistance 3
Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ^^

And I'm still looking forward to the next few months
Enslaved Odyssey To The West
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Pokemans Black/White
Fallout New Vegas
and theres probably more ..

FUCK I best start saving up

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
philzibit said:
Sqwhat?! Red Dead Redemption......but that'd be about it.
I never got around to it or Alan Wake, but I'm waiting for the prices to go down. However, I did play Heavy Rain, Bad Company 2, BioShock 2, Pokemon SoulSilver, and Dark Void from this year and Heavy Rain is easily the best out of those. RDR looked really good, but I would much rather have New Vegas because I'm excited like a little girl over this.