Poll: A Batman

KnifeyMcStaberson

Dec 15, 2010
Zeeky_Santos said:
KnifeyMcStaberson said:
Zeeky_Santos said:
Braonan said:
Wiki Batman, his superpower is his vast fortune! He needs no ring.
The ring's power grants the wearer ANYTHING HE CAN IMAGINE. Things that not even vast wealth can create or make happen.
The ring works off from Will power and Intelligence. Two things which batman Obviously doesn't have.
yes it was a joke sorry forgot to ad the appropriate tags
I hope that was a joke or else you don't know that he's both the worlds greatest detective (intelligence is a required attribute) and bloody enduring if his various escapades as a masked crusader for justice have anything to say.

moose_man

Nov 9, 2009
That happened, at least the Batman with the ring part. I'm pretty sure he could basically rule the world, unlike a certain Hal Jordan, with his goddamn light fists.

Hey, Bruce Wayne is starting an international league of Batmen btw.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
First I must say I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to communicate in you post.

And Second Ring-a-Ding-Ding Batman.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
I don't believe its his choice to wear it or not. Isn't the Ring's choice? Plus when the lantern dies with the ring, doesn't it magically get wooshed away to the next worthy lantern?

calvincaplan

Jun 3, 2009
Swaki said:
bwuh? his "superpower" is basically awesomeness, he has trained himself both physically and mental to the limit of what is human possible, its not like he drives around bribing criminals to behave, though that would be kinda funny, maybe DC can do a spin-off series called fatcat.
you missed out at least two "ly"s in that sentence

CatmanStu

Jul 22, 2008
I've always believed that deep down Batman trusts Alfred and no-one else. The catalyst for the power is the users imagination and will, but the source of the power is alien in origin which leads me to think that he wouldn't trust it (maybe even believing there was some sort of thrall aspect to being a user).
I also think that Bruce's entire career as Batman is the result of a scared, lonely boy trying to make sense of a violent and chaotic world. His thirst for knowledge (and by proxy his training as a detective) are also bi-products of that confusion, resulting in an adult that is constantly asking the most child like of all questions; why. He already understands how the ring works, but ultimately he would need to know why it works.
I also think he is scared of power as he is one of the wealthiest people in the DC universe and could do so much good as a philanthropic billionaire, but instead chooses to fight criminals one at a time dressed in a high-tech Halloween costume, so wouldn't want the responsibility of using the ring.

Jackhorse

Jul 4, 2010
I personally would think he'd take it to figure out how to beat it having read that whole OMAC (abrreviation of something) line in which he builds machines able to destroy every super hero on the planet.

If he did try and use it however well... wouldn't he be fairly useless? Batman is the master of logic and deduction, reason over ryhme. Batman would likely lack the neccersary imagination to weild the ring to its full potential. It's like that lego brick problem, when you have a couple of lego bricks and have to build something its easy, if you have a neverending supply you have no idea what to do. Batman never had a superpower so was always utilising those bright little chunks of plastic as best as they possibly could be, if he were given unlimited power he would be struck dumb.

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
Wasn't there an alternate dimension batman that DOES get the power ring? I can't remember the name of the comic books but I heard it exists.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Saltyk said:
As for beating it, I was pretty sure Batman had already figured out how to beat every member of the Justice League. Blind Green Lantern, throw kryptonite powder at Superman, and other such things.
That made me laugh so fucking hard. You're correct that Batman did create and maintain files on how to take down fellow superheroes (in case they went evil, conveniently ignoring the question "What if one day I am mind-controlled by an enemy who wants to take down other superheroes?"), and that Green Lantern's did involve temporary blindness and Superman's involved Kryptonite, but the image of Batman taking Supes down with powder is hilarious.

Batman - "Hey, Clark, look over there!"
Superman - "What? I don't see anything."
*Batman leaps at Superman, throwing a handful of sparkly powder over him*
Superman - "What the fuck, man? Why would you...oh. Oh my God. I look like that fucking fraggle from Twilight!"

At which point I would assume that Superman stops his murderous rampage and flies off to the moon to be alone and make futile attempts to cut himself.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
SonicWaffle said:
Saltyk said:
As for beating it, I was pretty sure Batman had already figured out how to beat every member of the Justice League. Blind Green Lantern, throw kryptonite powder at Superman, and other such things.
That made me laugh so fucking hard. You're correct that Batman did create and maintain files on how to take down fellow superheroes (in case they went evil, conveniently ignoring the question "What if one day I am mind-controlled by an enemy who wants to take down other superheroes?"), and that Green Lantern's did involve temporary blindness and Superman's involved Kryptonite, but the image of Batman taking Supes down with powder is hilarious.

Batman - "Hey, Clark, look over there!"
Superman - "What? I don't see anything."
*Batman leaps at Superman, throwing a handful of sparkly powder over him*
Superman - "What the fuck, man? Why would you...oh. Oh my God. I look like that fucking fraggle from Twilight!"

At which point I would assume that Superman stops his murderous rampage and flies off to the moon to be alone and make futile attempts to cut himself.
From what I heard, Batman's plan to stop an evil Superman involved a grenade of powered kryptonite gas. Basically, any amount of krytonite harms Supes. And a gas made from it would not only weaken him, but he would breathe it in. At which point, no one could remove all the fragments in his lungs and it would kill Superman. Seriously.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Saltyk said:
From what I heard, Batman's plan to stop an evil Superman involved a grenade of powered kryptonite gas. Basically, any amount of krytonite harms Supes. And a gas made from it would not only weaken him, but he would breathe it in. At which point, no one could remove all the fragments in his lungs and it would kill Superman. Seriously.
IIRC it was more along the lines of "punch him with my kryptonite ring", though I could be wrong. The grenade idea has multiple problems;

1) Superman doesn't actually have to breathe. Throw a gas grenade at him and he'll just cackle before eating your face.
2) Killing Superman wouldn't be part of the plan - Batman's one rule is that he doesn't kill. He's unlikely to break the rule in order to murder his best friend, evil or not.
3) Trace amounts of kryptonite can harm Superman, sure, but tiny fragments in his lungs probably wouldn't do much besides weaken him. You'd need quite a lot to actually incapacitate him.

Not that the punching option is without it's flaws, namely that an evil Superman wouldn't show mercy or practice fair play, and would therefore use superspeed to rip out Batman's lungs and wear them as a jaunty hat before Bats even has time to put his ring on. It's sad but true, Batman (and anyone else) would likely get utterly fucked up by an evil, berserk Superman. He has God Mode turned on all the time :p

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
The Cheezy One said:
Can you make Batman more awesome? I think we all know the answer to that
Damn right you can:

And incidently, that's my answer to the OP's question as well. He'll just give himself awesome outfits. And a horse. And a ship with a pirate crew.

Braonan

Jan 4, 2011
Zeeky_Santos said:
Braonan said:
Wiki Batman, his superpower is his vast fortune! He needs no ring.
The ring's power grants the wearer ANYTHING HE CAN IMAGINE. Things that not even vast wealth can create or make happen.
Chill man.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
What a strange question. When the Lantern dies the ring returns to Oa by itself unless it is given to a successor previously.
Also, Bats couldn't use it unless he was chosen by the ring or granted the privilege to wear it by the Guardians.

Yeah, I'm a GL geek.