Poll: A deal with the devil...

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Zen Toombs said:
I'd go with the diabetes. It seems the least severe of the costs, and also the one that money can best help. Other than turning your amputated legs into rocket launchers, of course.
For a lot of people diabetes can actually be effectively managed or largely managed with diet alone (though I believe it can be a bit more difficult with type 1 than type 2). I see a couple of people choosing schizophrenia and a lot more saying amputation, but honestly, if you can make the switch to a low carb diet diabetes is by far the easiest to cope with.

I'd personally keep my health, but if I were to choose any of these it absolutely would not be any option other than diabetes.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Not enough money for any of the deals. Would never take schizophrenia, diabetes is an early death sentence. Overall, no deal.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Blobpie said:
Trust that the Lord of Flies keeps his end of the bargain? Only a fool would trust the devil.
I've always preferred the vision on Lucifer presented in Mike Careys eponynous comic book series. The relevant bit:
?They used to call the devil the father of lies. But for someone whose sin is meant to be pride, you'd think that lying would leave something of a sour taste. So my theory is that when the devil wants to get something out of you, he doesn't lie at all. He tells you the exact, literal truth. And he lets you find your own way to hell.?

So I would trust this agreement. That said, I don't like the options and money isn't something I'm very interested in. As long as I can make a living, that's fine by me. I have other pursuits which bring me much more happiness than gold-plated toilet seats. One of those pursuits is dancing, so fuck anybody who tries to take my legs.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Seems like a rather simple choice if you ask me.

There's no way to cure Diabetes.

No way to cure Schitzophrenia.

So yeah, chop my legs off and I'll go buy some new ones. :p

thetruefallen

Mar 12, 2008
One of the most terrifiing things in the world would be a man with Schizophrenia and a bank account large enough to totally protect himself from his hallucinations. They can still be incredubly smart and functioning people, just not what we would call balanced.
My grandfather was a paranoid schizophrenic and an engineer. One day he took everything object in his house and dismantled all of them looking for hidden microphones, then upon finding none, put everything back together then repeated the whole processe again the next week because 'the govenment replaved all his things with identical replicas'. Thats the kind of person you don't need with $5mil.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Lionsfan said:
Chop off my legs! 5 millions Euro's is like 6 and half million US dollars, for that money you can get some implants
Uhm, the sign for euro is an e that looks like this ?. That is in pounds and that is closer to 7.9 million dollars.

OT: Working out is one of my favourite hobbies so diabetes and the loss of legs would screw up that and make me miserable. Schizophrenia sounds unpleasant so I have to go with my health here.

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
Imagine...all that money but you can't have a cookie "shudder"

It is pretty raw deal whatever you choose. You can't put a price on your health.

Scorekeeper

Mar 15, 2011
No amount of money will make me happy. Sure, I won't have to worry about not paying the bills, but I'd much rather take good health over excessive wealth.

Ralphfromdk

Mar 26, 2009
Where's the soul option? Doesn't Lucifer deal in souls any more..? D:

Also, the Devil is way more nice than God. At least you could get £5 million, when you are inflicted with one of these options, where as God will give you one, or maybe even more at once, with out the cash D:

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Gain 100 million, use to fund research in each of the three fields, happily live your healthy life with two shiny new mechatronic legs.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
Yeah no. I could cause myself some serious injury and claim disability benefits for the rest of my life. I wouldn't do that to myself, I like being healthy.

ED: the poll results disturb me. People would take a life of fear, confusion and misery for money?

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Yopaz said:
Lionsfan said:
Chop off my legs! 5 millions Euro's is like 6 and half million US dollars, for that money you can get some implants
Uhm, the sign for euro is an e that looks like this ?. That is in pounds and that is closer to 7.9 million dollars.
Did not know that, thanks for that little tidbit

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I took the health option as it's a no brainer, but I think the number of people NOT taking the diabetes is boggling. You'd have your legs amputated first? Really? REALLY?

Yes, diabetes can be a little life limiting, but it can largely be kept under control with the terrifying tandem of Eating Right and Exercising. Oh noes!

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I'll take the schizophrenia. If I had 5 million pounds I'd quickly develop schizophrenia thanks to all the drugs I'd be taking anyway. I think I'd like to experience crippling fear and paranoid delusion before committing suicide.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Lionsfan said:
Yopaz said:
Lionsfan said:
Did not know that, thanks for that little tidbit

The real question here... would you still go through with the deal?

Bloodastral

Sep 3, 2010
We both agree on Schizophrenia, but the deal is the instant banishment to another plane of existance of all politicians.