Poll: A question for Un-Americans.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I wasn't sure what I would pick until I remembered that I just a few days ago got back from my trip to Miami. It was nice enough place.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
LA, Vegas and Miami...absolutely not. Hollywood is incredibly overrated according to me sister in law and Miami and Vegas have way too much squalor. On the other hand, Chicago has even more decrepit areas but that's so severe that I'd actually want to go there for an exploration trip. Except for the gangs and shit.

But New York...somehow it always appealed to me. I'd stay away from the bad neighborhoods but overall it feels so very cosmopolitan.

I'd also like to visit some of the more liberal cities like Seattle. And of course the beautiful nature reserves like Yellowstone. Hopping from Hawaiian island to island sounds appealing as well.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
I've never been that bothered about visiting the states, but if pushed I'd go for Chicago or San Francisco. For the simple reason that they look cool.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Yellowstone National Park for sure.

I don't like big cities or party-vacations, so that rules out everything else.

That being said I'd have no trouble thinking of a dozen more interesting destinations than the USA and I'd have my doubts visiting considering that as a country you guys seem pretty much a bunch of douches (not talking about individuals here).

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I would like to visit some of the wide open spaces and beautiful landscapes, largely untouched by human development.

Rainmaker77

Jan 10, 2012
I've been to everywhere on your poll apart from Miami and Hawaii. I've also been to a lot of other places in the US you haven't mentioned. Thinking about it, as I'm only 21 I'm pretty darn well travelled.

My favourite place in America? I can't say. It really depends on your mood and what you want. I LOVED San Francisco, the city is just so different from a normal city, with such amazing scenery. It's a shame its so far away from the UK, if it was a shorter flight I would go back there as much as possible.

Florida is perfect if you want the typical tourist holiday. The parks are down right amazing, and so much fun. The weather is glorious and you always have stuff to do.

Vegas, for me wasn't that great, it's an amazing place but unless your going to gamble there's not a great deal to do there for more than a few days, and I spent a week there - death valley is close though and that is worth seeing, just so you can say you know what it feels like to be melted alive.

New York is, well New York. I don't think I could say anything more about it, apart from you need to go there. I work in London and it was amazing to see the contrast between the two. My only issue was that I spent nowhere near enough time there, and that I must go back and stay longer next time.

Yellowstone is stunning. The whole area is magnificent. The park hotels are a rip off, expensive and small - but they have a monopoly so if you want to stay you have to grudge and bear it. Is a place you need to visit if you love to see what nature is capable of at its most extreme. Lake Tahoe is also only a day or so drive away, and is such an amazingly beautiful place, the combination of the two is just stunning.

I have been to most of the typical tourist places in America, and quite a few not. There aren't many places that come to mind that I have yet to see, however there aren't any I can think of that I would not happily re-visit.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
Dags90 said:
lunavixen said:
As for the others in the poll option, why would I go to those places? What's there?
NYC - Various buildings, Broadway, Giant Christmas Tree.
LA - Hollywood, Disneyland, surfing/beaches.
Las Vegas - Gambling, strippers, etc.
Miami - Beaches, nightlife.
Orlando - Disney World, Universal Orlando.
San Francisco - Fisherman's Warf, wine, gay buttsex.
ah, well to take them in order for the OP

NYC: Not interested, I don't like big cities.
LA: Maybe Disneyland.
LV: Nothing interesting there.
Miami: I'm not a party person.
Orlando: Yeah, maybe, but I wouldn't go to America just for that.
San Fransisco: I'm allergic to seafood, I don't drink wine and wtf is with the last one?

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Been to NYC twice before, and I'll be going again. I love it.
Vegas is hideously uninteresting to me and I really don't want anything to do with it.
Hawaii is...meh. The others are...meh.

So yeah:D.

I'm English btw.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I've been to New York twice and I loved it both times.

I'd love to go to San Francisco or Hawaii though. If I had to choose, I'd probably say Hawaii.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Since I had already visit Orlando, FL for Diney World, Universal Studio and visiting relatives who lived there, I want to go to New York next.
I'm more of a city person who that place appeal me more just as long I stay safe about it. Also my brother had been there twice so I want to at least go there so it doesn't look like he's the only one in the family to had visit there!

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
None of those, really. The only reason I'd go to the US would be for PAX or the upcoming Escapist Expo.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Not listed, but New Orleans during or coming up to Mardi Gras. Never been to it and though the Brasilian carneval is supposed to be even bigger, it'd be worth seeing at least once.

But since it was not listed, San Francisco is second on that list. Not so much just for the Golden Gate bridge, but also the city itself whose structure, and I've been told local colour, is...a bit more interesting than most.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
I voted for the park, but really we got plenty of nature n shit here in Europe, so I really wouldn't spend all that extra money just to look at some far away trees...
I hate cities, so they're all out. Also I don't want to get shot for no reason (not for a reason either though, however good it might be!), so yeah, big fat pass on the whole US really.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Ok, when it HAS to be in the Usa. New York i guess, just because i feel most comfortable in big cities.
^^ Un - Americans, that's a good one.

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
I'd want to revisit the Big Apple and see what's changed in the two decades since I was last there. Having spent a decade in Florida, I've had enough time dealing with excessive heat and sand lizards.

Quicksilver_Phoenix

Apr 14, 2009
I wouldn't really know how to decide. I know little to nothing about each of these locations and only vaguely know some of the names.

Yellowstone National Park I guess, purely because "National Park" sounds quite appealing.