Poll: About the F-word...

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Most movies and video games (though this is Australia) that have "fuck" in it are rated M and up. First game I recall it being used in was GTA San Andreas, and that was rated MA and released in October 2004 here.

Back on topic though, I have no problem with saying or hearing the word, unless it's used in anger, to insult somebody, in comedy[footnote]That is, when the comedy piece uses the swearing for a cheap laugh. Example: Blah blah blah blah blah blah fuck! *audience laughs*[/footnote] or to "sound more adult" (and even in those situations, I don't really care).
I don't use the word very often, but when I do, it's usually to emphasise something when I can't think of another word. A huge/big/great tower of a giant doesn't sound as grand as a great fucking tower of a giant.

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
The word itself does not bother me at all, but it all depends on the context in which it is used. 'Fuck' tends to be used to emphasise a point.
So if one were to say, "You're a fucking great person", I would take that as a compliment, but if one were to say, "I'm going to fucking kill you", I would run in the other direction. So people who take offence to the word itself are , but even in those situations I would not be offended by the word itself, but more afraid of the words that followed.
So I am not bothered by the word itself, but only the context in which it is used.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
bless you for posting this video :D saved me a trip to youtube for it

but its a highly versital word, not to mention how much its used in EVERYTHING, so by and large i'd say people just don't fucking care any more

also

what the fuck is this shit o.0 whats a letonnel and why do i only have half?

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
TrilbyWill said:
ahem, i believe this quote applies here:
"It's not hurting anybody. Fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck."
-E Cartman.
And then the ancient vikings come and the dragons will come to wage war on Earth. Good job!

saucecode

Jul 30, 2011
4RM3D said:
While I personally have no objections against the F-word, I still find it strange that it is allowed here. Many forums disallow the word and if you say it in the movies you get an R-rating. Now, I'm not here to dispute the rules, but I was wondering about the usage in general.
Yea, ive noticed these forums are VERY loose on that stuff (which is awesome), but I think the community here are mature enough that you wont see F-bomb wars going on every 2 topics.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I don't mind it but I do have a habit of treating it way immaturely.

There was a thread I saw once somewhere else maybe where the poster asked everyone what their fave curse words are. Fuck was definitely one. Mostly because it can be used as a verb, adjective and even a noun.

For some reason, I enjoy the word fuckers. I just get a kick out of saying it.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
4RM3D said:
While I personally have no objections against the F-word, I still find it strange that it is allowed here.
The statement above is a summarisation of why I enjoy these forums as much as I do.

I am allowed to swear like a ************ as much as I cunting like.

That is absolutely fucking brilliant, man.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
it,s a fucking word for fuck,s sake!
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
totally unforced!
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

even if I were to replace it with another word for example:
you are bloody bonkers!
the word "bloody" and "fucking" mean the same in this example

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Mojo_22 said:
4RM3D said:
So, lets talk about the F-word. With the F-word I mean of course: floccinaucinihilipilification [http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Floccinaucinihilipilification], the longest non-technical English word in the dictionary (the longest technical word being: pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis [http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis]).
Longest word you say? [http://www.sarahmcculloch.com/luminaryuprise/longest-word.php#]
I'd just like to say, fuck Titin. And alpha-spectrin while we're at it, I hate those proteins. Not a big fan of amyloid either.

I have no issues with the F-word, or the C-word for that matter (to remove ambiguity, it's fuck and ****). As long as you're not actively being aggressive at someone it's just an expression of severe displeasure, it's not malicious and it's no harm done.