Poll: Adamantium vs Lightsaber

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
I'm going to go with lightsaber simply because it's lighter and would be faster to use. It's not exactly like you need super strength to cut through something with it, but a sword of roughly equal size made out of adamantium would be pretty heavy.

It also depends on if the lightsaver would cut through the adamantium.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
webby said:
Clearly the lightsaber. Sure, adamantium is an impressive metal but can it compete with pure, focused energy?? I think not. Lightsabers cut through reinforced metal like butter, sure, the adamantium might pose more resistance but it would still lose.
I have to disagree. Sure a lightsaber might be able to heat up adamantium, but to a point where it could cut through it.

Put me down for adamantium.

Subbies

Dec 11, 2010
light sabers would be a lot lighter than a adamantine blade of equivalent length so the light saber would be easer to use, whereas a adamantine blade doesn't have any electrical (or equivalent) components so that makes it more reliable in harsher (for the light saber) conditions. But ultimately if you were cut in two, be it with either one of those weapons, I doubt you would have time to bleed to death anyways.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Not even up to debate.

Kyle Katarn.
Why?
He killed 2 Kell dragons with his bare hands, BEFORE becoming a jedi and learning to use any kind of force powers. Your fight with him in Jedi Academy ends with you running the fuck away after temporarily slowing him by collapsing a couple dozen tons of rock on him. And it only slows him down for like 10 seconds.

Oh, got a bit sidetracked there. I guess I'll go with lightsabers, because I played The Force Unleashed, and unlocked the Sith Armor (black robesf with face-concealing hood, and a silver armor for the torso, kinda like that of a bounty hunter), and combined it with a green lightsaber. It looked so goddamn bitching, Darth Vader stabbed himself in the foot for never being able to reach this level of coolness.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Since there's no physical form to a lightsaber, and assuming you're talking an adamantium sword (or in the case of Wolverine/Lady Deathstrike, claws), they would just block one another. While it's true that a lightsaber is made to cut through things, the reason they clash against each other is the forcefield holding the supercharged ion plasma-stuff stops each blade just going through each other. If Adamantium couldn't be cut by a lightsaber, then we'd have to assume they would just clash in the same way.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Valkyrie101 said:
I've always wondered what happens when you drop a lightsaber.
The blade would probably go through the ground up to the hilt. If it cut a big enough hole as it went down for the handle to go down without touching the sides, one could assume it would just keep going till it reached the center of the planet..

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Remember in the starwars universe there are metal swords used for dealing with lightsabers, I sight the first Star wars the old republic game as reference.

Also, as seen in the phantom menace, light sabers can't cut instantly through metal; it had to heat and melt through the door like a large plasma cutter.

Seeing as Adamantium once set is indestructible I would have to say it would be a tie, although the adamantium would end up getting very very VERY hot.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Byere said:
Valkyrie101 said:
The blade would probably go through the ground up to the hilt. If it cut a big enough hole as it went down for the handle to go down without touching the sides, one could assume it would just keep going till it reached the center of the planet..
In one of the books of the Jedi Academy trilogy Luke tells his students that some jedi prefer to include switches that they have to hold in the ON position by either their hand or force powers, but since every jedi make their own saber it's left to their own preference.

Luke's student that turns to the dark side makes a saber that had multiple focusing crystals that allowed him to adjust the length of the blade while it was being used, very sneaky.

SteveZim1017

Jan 14, 2009
Byere said:
Valkyrie101 said:
or until the heat and pressure crushed the handle anyways.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
Lightsabers clash against lightsabers, right?

I call this one a tie: The adamantium and lightsaber would clash like normal swords.

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
Byere said:
Valkyrie101 said:
Now that's what I call a design flaw.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
I can't believe I just read through all the pages >.<

Anyways I'm going with adamantium because I hope lucasarts going out of business for making awful games.

Jun 11, 2008
Well given that a Lightsaber should be about as hot as our sun going a video on some gaming website where they asked a boffin if a lightsaber could cut through Superman to which he reply no given the density of his sun. He explains it better than that and it has been awhile.

Yes in terms of the universe of X-Men Adamantium is indestructible and as far as I know Wolfverine or Admantium has never entered a Yellow sun. Although I might be wrong there. Wew ould need to knwo the melting point and the properties of admantium as someone already said there are metals and materials that make light sabers useless. So while it is indestruble in terms of X-Men universe we are cross worlds here so that indestructible argument can't really apply which is something along with Lightsaber resistant metals people are largely igonring.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
The lightsabres would eventually cut through an adamantium bulkhead, but an adamantium blade would be a more useful weapon.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Its 2 completely diffeent universes....
But yeah i suppose the lightsaber would have to be the winner here.

p.p: On the topic of lightsaber can cut everything? No it cant....it clearly does not cut laser beams from guns It just deflects them....Energy shields aswell can prevent the lightsaber from passign tru. But metals of any sort to my knowledge are as good as butter.
Ofc the powers and abilities of the lightsabers have been slightly changed for the sake of comic books and games so who can tell...its still cool tho ^_^

Itsmemario

Aug 13, 2010
Lightsabers differ in construction and each is personalized by the Jedi or Sith that weilds it. There is a metal sword in the Star Wars universe that due when combined with vibrations can parry a light saber. Link : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vibroblade

Personally I think a lightsaber would cut through adamantium but it would take time (like when they struggle to cut through large doors). More so there's proof that adamantium does have a melting point (see X-men 2, X-men Origin Wolverine and other sources).

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
lightsaber. I imagine adamantium can't be broken, snapped, or cut; lightsaber... is something different. Lasers it or whatever.
This makes complete sense in my mind, I just can't convey it.