Poll: Adults and cartoons

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
This ia a question directed to everyone here who legally qualifies as an adult. Do you still enjoy watching cartoons?

I ask cause I was recently called a ****** for still watching a cartoon on the Disney channel (cartoon in question was 'Phineas and Ferb'), and was just wondering if any other 'adults' still enjoy the odd cartoon every now and again.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
I probably watch more cartoons then adult shows!

...well, then again, I guess that depends on your definition of "Adult Shows"...

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Difficult. I voted no, because I don't enjoy western cartoons, mainly as they are aimed at teenagers and suchlike. I do like some European and Asian "animations" which are not, but I wouldn't personally define them as cartoons. I'm in my mid-20's

microhive

Mar 27, 2009
I watch anime. It's sort of a cartoon. If I get the opportunity, I'd watch Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I still enjoy cartoons, not really newer cartoons though, save for a few.
But yeah, generally I still watch cartoons, especially since all those nostalgic 90s shows from my childhood seem to be getting DVD releases lately.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm a big fan of animation and I'm a cartoonist myself; hell yeah, I love watching cartoons!

Not everything that's out there ofcourse, most of today's cartoons kinda suck. But stuff by Studio Ghibli, Pixar and Aardman; I eat that shit up!

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I sometimes enjoy watching the new pokémon episodes, they aren't what the show used to be but it's nice to get the feeling of seeing new pokémon and Team Rockets dastardly plans:p

I like Phineas and Ferb as well, I also like Spongebob at times but less so than I used to. I also like Chowder, it reminds me of the silliness of some cartoons.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
considering that Futurama is a cartoon, and arguably one of the greatest tv shows of all time... i'd say heck yeah i watch cartoons!

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
When I was a kid, I always thought I would reach an age when cartoons just wouldn't entertain me any more. Now I'm 30, and it still hasn't happened.

Why should it? Animation, as a medium, allows for far more creative comedy than you get in sitcoms and movies.

And for the record - I like Phineas and Ferb too!

Mezrev

Apr 4, 2009
Of course. Sure, they're not necessarily the same kind that I used to watch as a kid, but cartoons nonetheless. And it's nice to have the occasional nostalgia trip with old cartoons.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Well my age is in my profile but to make it easy i am 32.

I watch american, asian and european animation. Beside gaming my biggest hobby is anime and manga. For american animation i prefer the 80's, 90's stuff the most. Still i really love phineas and ferb(also watched Fillmore(great serie), totally spies).

The Red Spy

Dec 1, 2009
Phineas and Ferb is a great show, and one of the few 'new' cartoons I'd ever consider watching.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Spongebob and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy have some of the best dark comedy I've ever seen. The amount of crap they got past the radar is staggering.

And also there is the DC Animated Universe hell yeah I watch Cartoons!

xMelior

Dec 29, 2010
I watch lots of anime and ocasionally some western cartoons too. There is nothing wrong with an adult watching cartoons.

Iggy Rufflebar

Mar 26, 2008
ReservoirAngel said:
This ia a question directed to everyone here who legally qualifies as an adult. Do you still enjoy watching cartoons?

I ask cause I was recently called a ****** for still watching a cartoon on the Disney channel (cartoon in question was 'Phineas and Ferb'), and was just wondering if any other 'adults' still enjoy the odd cartoon every now and again.

I love Phineas and Ferb and I have a 4 year old brother as an excuse /score

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
No, I haven't watched cartoons for a long time.
The only thing that I suppose comes close is South Park, which I've soon seen every episode of!