Poll: Adults and cartoons

MrAkuma201

Oct 28, 2009
Mostly Anime but still love cartoons. I'm 19 and yet sometimes I feel like being 7 ...... CARTOONS RULE WOOOOO

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Sure, I'll watch a traditional Disney cartoon on occasion, nothing odd about that.

Then of course there's Futurama, Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park etc., not to mention a whole slew of animé series, all of which are animated (and could be termed cartoons), and many of which are specifically targeted at adults. Depending on your definition of "cartoon" it needn't be contrary to having an intended adult audience.

And many cartoons aimed primarily at children even encompass some layers for adults as well, sometimes entire thematics Pixar style, sometimes something a bit less elegant [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUJOAaxqc0U&feature=related]. Not that it's any requirement to enjoy them at any age if you feel like it though.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
I'm 36. If I want to watch a cartoon, I will.

Knowing you are an "adult" has nothing to do with what media you enjoy and everything to do with not judging others or not giving a shit if you are judged. I faithfully swear that I will listen to my music and watch my TV and play my games with my eyes, my ears, my hands and my brain. I couldn't give a crap what anyone else says.

Tenky

Apr 19, 2010
How about those cartoons whose demographic is actually adults? Say the Venture Bros. (which is obviously aimed at people born in the 80s) and Robot Chicken?

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
It depends entirely on the cartoon. Suffice to say, I'm watching Futurama right now.

Aug 25, 2009
Not so much modern children's programming, which haas confused 'family friendly' with 'escessively kiddie'.

But, I watch old eps of Kim Possible, Teen Titans, Batman TAS, Avatar the Last Airbender.

And I watch quite a few Disney movies. But again, mostly the ones from when I was a kid.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Why would you deny yourself your entertainment just because some people say adults shouldn't watch animation(or anything else for that matter).

Kind of funny how people get denied certain thing while they are kids and when they are adults they deny it themselves because some part of society says they are "to old" for it.

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
I'm 18, if that counts as adult, I enjoy the old school nicktoons like Rocko's Modern Life and Rugrats, also the cartoonnetwork shows like Dexter's Lab and Ed, Edd and Eddy just to name a couple. The shows I grew up with I will always watch.

Blackality

Oct 18, 2009
Well, anime, and, of course, Futurama and South Park.

European animation for kids, on my experience, tends to be a little more "abstract","alternative" and "dark". And as a kid i hated that stuff, and as a grown up I don't feel like watching it.

Well, but some animated shorts that are just fucking gold and I still watch those.

Squidden

Nov 7, 2010
I hate anime but my favorite cartoons are Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, Spongebob, and I'd say that my all time favorite was Edd, Ed 'n' Eddy.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Dexter's lab is great (just like cow and chicken). I really love most of the older hanna-barbara stuff(even though a lot is the same). Swat cats was great but because of the violence it got canceled by Hanna-Barbara.

On dvd i have G.I. Joe, Dungeons and dragons, transformers, Jayce and the wheeled warriors and The adventures of the galaxy rangers(when i have some money left i am adding Thundercats to that list).

Avatar is a really great and interesting show that shows that animation can have great storywriting(same as Exo-Squad wish that got a dvd release).

Beside that i enjoyed watching Kim possible(how can i forget that show(already mentioned a few in my very first post already)).

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Tenky said:
How about those cartoons whose demographic is actually adults? Say the Venture Bros. (which is obviously aimed at people born in the 80s) and Robot Chicken?
Have you checked out the FX channel's Archer series? They've only aired about 10 episodes, but they are side achingly brilliant.

The other 2 shows you reference are excellent as well.

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
There's still some cartoon shows geared towards kids that I like. I tend to like good animated kids movies (got How to Train Your Dragon for Christmas)