Poll: Adults and cartoons

Vothriller

Jan 6, 2011
Mainly [Adult Swim], family guy and south park BUT I still enjoy the old looney tunes/merry melodies stuff. Who doesn't?

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
If it was written and drawn by passionate adults, then it's fine for adults to watch. Half of what I watch are cartoons, both old and new, I'm just a big fan of animation. Not just the adult animation ether. In my opinion unless it was written by or written for the lowest common denominator then an adult can enjoy it.

There's only two types of people who dislike all cartoons. Those who simply prefer Live-Action and those who think it's mature of them to dislike it.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Since there is much love for Phineas and Ferb in this topic i wanted to look up the different intro's. Since most countries dub it(normally i dislike dubbing but it isn't that bad in this series(also really fun to see all the songs dubbed)).
Found a nice link someone took 10 different language intro's

For the people that wanna know the language are :
1.USA (English)
2.France
3.Russia
4.Holland
5.Germany
6.Spain
7.Bulgaria
8.Ukraine
9.Sweden
10.Italia

CarrieWhitaker

Oct 11, 2010
D Moness said:
CarrieWhitaker said:
And... crap. embedding disabled.
Yes on all the versions i found on youtube :(
I normally check before posting but non of the s2 intro's worked (didn't check intro 1 since i love the guitar riff on season 2(great use of music on the whole series)).

The reason for canceling ... it was too violent :( , there is a script for the last eps of season 2 but it was never made(reminds me of the final eps of the dungeons and dragons animation that was also never made)
"Too Violent". Geez.

For the network that would later air Teen Titans and straight up do the Terror of Trigon arc in season 4, Swat Kats is 'too violent'? Wtf.

Yes, the stuff the SKs do totally beats time freezing, buildings being pulled into each other to squash someone, the legions of hell coming up, and everyone turning to stone.

Yep, two Kats shooting missiles at things is just so horrible, in comparison... ;p

Don't get me wrong either, I did like TT. But it's still part of why I consider 'too violent' arguments to be bs. If they'd given proper toy support, they almost certainly wouldn't have pulled it, because collectors would probably have jumped on them.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
Many of the really good cartoons that last in public memory are written for all ages instead of just children. That's the Disney philosophy at least, and it seems to work really well for them.

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
I still love cartoons just as much now as I did when I was a child. I grew up watching The Simpsons, Ducktails, Futurama, Dexter's Laboratory, Arthur, Sonic (weekdays), and Recess. I still love them all because they were clever, have a few jokes I missed the first few times and am getting now, and have endearing characters that have chemistry with each other.

A while ago, I finally got around to watching a few series that I should have watched months, if not years ago, including Wakfu, Clone High, and Morel Orel. Late 2010 was very kind with Adventure Time and Regular, but also shocking in that after 25 years, we now have a good My Little Pony show.

I swear on my life, I am not trolling. There's a new My Little Pony series, and it's actually good. I'm not going to make a long winded post. Just watch the first four or five episodes on youtube (which are allowed up because Hasbro and The Hub are totally cool with that) and notice how there's actual animation, conflict, personality in the characters, and how it's the complete opposite of every other half-assed piece of shit program aimed at girls and accept that Craig McCracken's wife (Lauren Faust) is a powerful Sorceress who can turn shit into diamonds.

CarrieWhitaker

Oct 11, 2010
Wolfenbarg said:
Many of the really good cartoons that last in public memory are written for all ages instead of just children. That's the Disney philosophy at least, and it seems to work really well for them.
Certainly worked for Darkwing Duck. :)

*goes to look to see where the new comic of it is available*

JezebelinHell

Dec 9, 2010
OMG! I watch Phineas and Ferb, Power Puff Girls, Samurai Jack, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo... I think that is all but probably not... It isn't a daily thing but hey they are more entertaining than most shows they bother to put on.

Oh nope, forgot one, I am watching Danger Mouse all the way through because I have only managed to see a few episodes when they ran them in the states. Hence the DM avatar at this point.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Of course! what else is there to watch except reruns of old shows....everything else tv these days it utter crap

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
I'm an adult, and i love watching cartoons. In fact my neice hates the fact i know more about her favourite cartoon than she does.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Disney is not bad at creating series that is fun to watch as a kid and a adult. Although sometimes they do drop the ball when creating a series. I really loved this show.

I think I already "complained" about what target audience this series is for. I mean it deals with most stuff in a normal crime series only now on a school. The movie references are nice (though the silence of the lambs one is kind of creepy) but most kids won't have seen the movies(or maybe a few). I think nit is a shame it got canceled after 2 seasons.

By the way I also love japanese animation just as much as western but for some weird reason i am keeping that out of the convo)