Poll: Am I to blame

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
knight steel said:
Master of the Skies said:
Honestly, it sounds like you just made this scenario up.
What makes you say/think that am I not trustworthy?
As sad as it is, thanks to the overabundance of trolls on the internet very few people on the net are trustworthy.
And your scenario just reeks of it. It seems like one of these topics: "Help! Does masturbating really cause blindness!?".
Of course, all of your story could be true, but why the hell do you need strangers on the internet to vote on it if the answer is so obvious? Can't you do that alone? Even if I believed this story to be true I'd suspect you of asking this question solely for the sake of sharing the story.
I don't want to be offensive but quite frankly threads like this one are retarded. There I said it.

kuolonen said:
Fake or not, you yourself are debating whether or not the actions were right, and debate is good. Even if the starting premise is lies, it is believable, aside from the missing option of phone call.
Hey that's also a thought I had when I pondered whether troll threads are a waste of time or not. :D
And I'd agree that they aren't IF there is something reasonable to debate, which isn't the case in this stupid scenario.

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
Hey OP. I've been waiting to respond to this until I talked to other people about your story. So here's my view.

As far as the actual part about them being attacked goes, no. It's not your fault. Not at all. It is also not THEIR fault (the two women) for being attacked. The only people who should be blamed here are the people who attacked them.

However, when you said that "you are wearing revealing clothing", that is victim blaming. You are saying that because they are wearing something sexy or "slutty", they are going to be attacked. And that's wrong. Most rape cases involve women who are NOT dressed in anything close to "sexy". It also has nothing to do with them being drunk, because women have been raped when they were sober. So, in that regard, you were being an asshole.

Yes, it's shitty that they are trying to place the blame on you, because like I said, the ONLY blame that should be cast is on their attackers. But that doesn't mean that they are at fault either.

If you had simply said "I really don't think that's a good idea... we should stay together.", and LEFT IT AT THAT, that would've been fine. But because you brought what they were wearing (and in essence their gender) into it, you were being a jerk. So when they started yelling at you about victim blaming and misogyny, they were 100% right, because that's what you did.

But, your question about being blamed for the actual attack, like I said, is not your fault or theirs. It is the fault of the rapists themselves.

inquisiti0n

Feb 25, 2011
manic_depressive13 said:
i11m4t1c said:
Rapists (the stranger/random kind) simply don't have the luxury to take their sweet time so of course the easier the clothing is to remove, the better it is for them. I'm not saying sweaters + overalls = unrapeable, I'm just talking about if a rapist had 2 choices between one in a coat and one in a miniskirt. All things equal, he'll go after the easier target, which wouldn't be true if clothing didn't matter.

And really, you're being deliberately obtuse. A rapist wouldn't even need to take off a miniskirt, just what's underneath it, which is wayyy easier than pulling off someone's pants while they struggle against you. You really think a rapist's mind is just sooo obsessed and occupied with rape that they wouldn't even notice something this basic?
Uhuh. What protective value does a coat offer exactly? Plus five to resistance? And is taking off someone's pants significantly harder than just taking off someone's underwear? Sweatpants are more modest than short shorts, but would be easier to remove because they have elastic. Revealing clothing doesn't automatically equal easy access, and modest clothing can often be easily taken off. I'm still going to need some evidence for your ridiculous claims beyond "It makes sense to me".

I would think that a rapist would be looking for someone who appears easy to overpower.
Obviously there's a difference between wearing a coat and not wearing one. Who knows, maybe it gives an extra 5 seconds for a chance to escape? If it was that easy to rape someone, there would be a lot less "attempted rape" cases. The "ridiculous claim" I'm suggesting is that rapists merely assess the situation, much like every other criminal, rather than indiscriminately raping anyone who looks female regardless of attire.

The point about them looking for women easy to overpower is moot since I was talking about clothes being the only distinguishing factor between 2 possible targets, all other things equal (or at least negligible in the eyes of a rapist).

Lionsfan said:
Yes, I am defending them, because OP's fake actions were horrible. He essentially abandoned the girls because he didn't feel like walking outside with them to catch a cab, or calling one for them.

And as far as your last sentence and gif, there's people in this thread who are posting that they wished the fake women would have gotten more hurt, so yes, I do think if the fake victims weren't female, there would be a lot more people calling out the OP
Someone who chooses to go off on their own is not being "abandoned." He's not their babysitter, and why wouldn't they be able to hail a cab by themselves? The lack of sympathy for these idiots has to do with their behaviour; I dunno where you're getting this imaginary reverse-whiteknighting idea from.