Poll: Are Skyrim enemies overpowered?

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
You guys have to remember that skyrim is kind of like fallout new vegas. Some areas are high level areas. If you enter them the game doesn't say you shouldn't be here. It just gives you fights you can't win until you realize that you should leave.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
There are some enemies that are absolute bullshit squared, no question. Namely Master Necromancers.

The fact that they can 3-shot me despite the fact that I've put nearly every levelup into health doesn't bother me that much. The fact that it takes me 30 seconds to kill them with my dual magical swords and level 80 One-Handed Weapons does bother me. A whole fucking lot.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Well I enchanted my gear with -100% Cost of Desctruction spell and master-level bomb their arses with 160 damage per hand. Which is 320. And with my orc racial thats 640. So yea, Even on master I usually threehit most mobs. Mind you this guy gets onehit by arrows from a bandit highwayman. Sooo, glass cannon.

Vuljatar said:
There are some enemies that are absolute bullshit squared, no question. Namely Master Necromancers.

The fact that they can 3-shot me despite the fact that I've put nearly every levelup into health doesn't bother me that much. The fact that it takes me 30 seconds to kill them with my dual magical swords and level 80 One-Handed Weapons does bother me. A whole fucking lot.
Its because of people like me they buffed the Necro and people like him :p.

Not to talk of the damn werewolf form. Imagine as a Khajiit, you can get damage up to like. 240 a hit *Both claws*, and you will go around with 600 health 200 stamina.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
Also I could swear that Sneak is broken. When I was at around 70 sneak, I could get the jump on anyone without even trying. Now at 100 I can't get a backstab on a lousy low-ranking mook anymore.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
They're all pretty weak for me, what bugs me is the Draugr deathlords and Scourges having a ton of health, takes me ages just to bring a single one down.

AwesomeDave

Feb 10, 2011
My only complaint is that mages for some reason tear me apart... even when i use potions to resist the element they are using and for magic in general. Plus, they never seem to run out of magic... I shot a mage with 9 arrows, using 1 posion to drop his magicka regen 100% for 27 seconds, then 8 that did 50 dmg to magicka each (again with poisons), and he was still blasting off those ridiculously damaging ice spears

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
Well...as a mage YES. Dragon are not too tough. But in a game where its impossible to raise your health and magic simultaniouly, and spells cost a ton of mana till you get the right perk...well...i get killed a lot. Basicly its like this.

Is enemy more than 4 yards away? Yes. I win.
Is enemy more than 4 yards away? No. I die.

Bears. Sabre cats. Giants. Hagravens. Anything with a 2h weapon will one shot me pretty much.

Then i rolled a warrior. WAAAAAY more balanced. Dragons now more of a challenge and everything else way easier.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
No the game is too easy. Even on master the final boss died in like 3 hits.

Plus it seems there is no enemy variation. Druger, Mages, and random fighters is basically 99% of combat.

Humza Ahmad

Sep 22, 2011
Some are hard but, thats only because I'm level 27 so I'm naturally going to be outpowered from time to time.

Chaos Marine

Feb 6, 2008
MrPeanut said:
No, Actually, most are underpowered even at higher difficulties.
Bullshit. I have a max stealthed Khajit assassin with a very good archery skill. Bandit Thugs can take two or three stealth assisted ancient Nord arrows with an Ebony bow where a single arrow from the same bow would send a regular bandit somersaulting like an angry god wanted to see if they could punt them into orbit. If I don't do it this way, I'll be slaughtered in two or three hits.

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
godofallu said:
No the game is too easy. Even on master the final boss died in like 3 hits.

Plus it seems there is no enemy variation. Druger, Mages, and random fighters is basically 99% of combat.
Weird how some people are saying yes and some no. No agreement.

I got killed about 20 times by some un-named bandit mage. Of note, i killed every bandit their but him in either 1 shout (flame), or two fireballs. I couldnt beat him. Tried runes. Shoutes. Melee. Poison. I figured he had either about an 80% magic resistance, or six times the health of all the others. And he was a lightning user, so he drained my mana if he hit me.

What finally did him in was a double power attack backstab with twin enchanted poisoned daggers followed by a flame shout at point blank range followed by two fists of lightning for several seconds. Toughest enemy in the game. Bandit with lightning in his hand.

MrRetroSpectacles

Mar 6, 2011
I have my strategies for taking on melee enemies, as melee is my primary focus I tend to win fairly easily. I can take on a clan of Forsworn/bandits of low to moderate levels quite easily. The ones that give me problems (leaders with battleaxes mainly) I approach with more caution, a few stealth arrows then retreat, some more, then reveal by evading and dual casting magic. When needed, shield bash and stab, rinse repeat.

However, I do need help for magicka enemies. Several at once and high power mages/spell casters kick my ass. Dragons of all types can if I'm not near thick trees wipe me out quickly. So what do I do to become as resistant to magicka as I am to most melee combat?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Sometimes, some bosses at end of dungeons are soo overpowered it's not even funny.

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
Teda64 said:
Yep though for me it's with bears
Haha, right? I feel the same way! The only enemies that have ever given me trouble are bears (for whatever reason) and the weird (undead?) mage that drops the Krosis mask. Every other enemy has a moderate to low difficulty for me. I haven't messed with the game's difficulty settings so I'm not sure how it is on hard or whatever difficulty. But, for some reason, the damn bears are really strong. I can put Trolls and Dragons down no problem (not bragging just saying), but I have to be tactical when it comes to bears..

StraightToHeck

Booby booby bum bum.
Oct 13, 2010
I find the only enemies that give me any real trouble are mages who REEEEEEEEEALLY like to spam frost magic and wards so I can't f*cking hit them

sta697

Mar 31, 2011
i believe it's inconstistant not overpowered.a bandit chief is a mini boss he should 3hit kill you.But the big issue is with the dragons being underpowered,and i believe that they did that as a balancing action so they could not kill npcs

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
Teda64 said:
Yep though for me it's with bears
Bears are soulless killing machines. They should pwn you. It's part of the natural order.
At least until you get the Animal Allegiance shout.
Then all nearby beasts fight for you, so those bears can fuck up the dragon for you. =P
RAAN MIR TAH = Dragon raped by cave bears.